Swagbucks Challenge May 2013

Comments

• dolphin19
    dolphin19 Posts: 1,055 Forumite
    Gemini_Jes wrote: »
    I have also been getting this message for the last couple of weeks and I e mailed Swagbucks customer support to ask them why. They replied informing me that Sponsorpay has deactivated the wall and they didn't know why. They included a link for me to contact Sponsorpay but clicking on the link I get the message 'your session has expired'.
    I have emailed CS back to ask if they can investigate, on my behalf, why the wall has been deactivated. Still awaiting a reply. Will let you know when/if I hear anymore.

Sorry to be thick but how do you find the email address for Swagbucks customer support?
  • Leana
    Leana Posts: 198 Forumite
    Yay! I just got 10sb for typing in 'Neobux' in search :)
  • paulshorse
    paulshorse Posts: 3,341 Forumite
    I just clicked on one of the tasks I'm familiar with on Neobux (Determine if one company owns another) and it's still paying the same amount according to the task page (17 cents).

Of course, I captured the actual amounts the GPT sites are paid with a couple of screenshots :D

That's great - I've only been doing Neo for a couple of months - I wish I'd found that site sooner. I've cashed out over $100 already just on tasks
    Swagbucks joined 5th July 2012 - Earned 2012: Amazon - £300 - 2013: Amazon - £610
    Neobux - joined 15th April 2013 - Earned 2013 $695 PayPal
    2014 - Swagbucks £75 Neobux $102 Clixsense $67
    2014 goal £180/600
  • paulshorse wrote: »
    I see that the amount of SB is not showing now in the tasks, but I hope it made people realise just how much swagbucks are taking from us.

Let's not forget the 20% they skim off the top for Paypal payments to UK peeps.

They *could* pay us US dollars into our Paypal accounts, like they do for Americans. But wouldn't we all scream bl**dy murder if they paid us US$40 for every 5000 Swagbucks while the Americans got US$50.

That's too obvious, so they obfuscate by converting our payments to £. They are still skimming the same amount of our payments, but it is less obvious.

I guess they are continuing to hope that the majority of us are not that clever...
    R.I.P. Bart. The best cat there ever was. :sad:
  • Tolteca87
    Tolteca87 Posts: 1,394 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    And don't talk to each other.

Don't forget the delays to payments to us too, while they earn interest on the money they're sitting on.

I'm happy I'm doing tasks on a site which pays me promptly and watching vids on a site which stumps up my Amazon instantly.
  • Tolteca87 wrote: »
    And don't talk to each other.

Don't forget the delays to payments to us too, while they earn interest on the money they're sitting on.

I'm happy I'm doing tasks on a site which pays me promptly and watching vids on a site which stumps up my Amazon instantly.

Do you use InstaGC for vids?
    R.I.P. Bart. The best cat there ever was. :sad:
  • Tolteca87
    edited 20 June 2013 at 9:26PM
    I do. I love InstaGC for vids. 2 point PL and R1 with lots of Virools and regular doses of Token Ads really do add up even excluding tasks, which I tend to do at a cash payer.

I cashed out first thing this morning and added the AGC into my account straight away and I'm a third of the way to the next one already on vids, a code and PTCs.
    ETA And the RO offer which SB were offering at 11SBs for 19 points.
  • paulshorse
    Let's not forget the 20% they skim off the top for Paypal payments to UK peeps.

They *could* pay us US dollars into our Paypal accounts, like they do for Americans. But wouldn't we all scream bl**dy murder if they paid us US$40 for every 5000 Swagbucks while the Americans got US$50.

That's too obvious, so they obfuscate by converting our payments to £. They are still skimming the same amount of our payments, but it is less obvious.

I guess they are continuing to hope that the majority of us are not that clever...

Yes and the fact that it costs us more for Amazon vouchers compared to the US. I know all about the difference in exchange rates but they are still making money on them. It's interesting that Swagbucks were on track to earn $35 million in revenue in 2012. Is there any wonder when they take so much and give so little back in earnings
    Swagbucks joined 5th July 2012 - Earned 2012: Amazon - £300 - 2013: Amazon - £610
    2014 goal £180/600
  • Tolteca87
    It is also made more complicated and so opaque to users by having two exchange rates. SB's being worth more if you take Amazon/M&S and less if you want cash. Though even at 849 Sb's to a £5 voucher it is still poor value compared to the competition.
  • paulshorse
    Tolteca87 wrote: »
    It is also made more complicated and so opaque to users by having two exchange rates. SB's being worth more if you take Amazon/M&S and less if you want cash. Though even at 849 Sb's to a £5 voucher it is still poor value compared to the competition.

Totally agree - the more complicated they make things, though, the less people will feel inclined to question things
    2014 goal £180/600
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills