PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - help and support in tough times

Options

Comments

• camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,006 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You lot are nuts!
  • karcher
    karcher Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    You lot are nuts!

Best way to be at times, especially in such sad times as these..it's the only way you stay sane :)
    'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
  • burtha
    burtha Posts: 903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    You lot are mad .
    But fantastic

X
    £223/ £250 GC
  • craigwells13
    Options
    Anyone got any advice. I have 5ft fence 5 bays long on a slant down the garden. I've redone the garden so it's on three levels. Now the top level we stand on and can see over a public path into a neighbours garden. Can I put a fence 2m high from my side ground level or 2m path side?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Check with the planning department of your local council to see if there are regulations about fence height in your area. Google might give you the answer but we put in a new slightly higher than the old one garden shed and the house at the back of us complained when the new shed went up, we got a visit from the council planners and were made to move the shed to a position 2 metres from any boundary which cost us a new concrete plinth, a builder to move the shed and more than £500. It cost the neighbours our goodwill and still leaves a nasty taste to this day.
  • silvasava
    silvasava Posts: 4,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The maximum our local council will allow is 2m - as MrsL says - check with your local planning dept to be absolutely sure.
    Well the trip on the boat turned into something rather different as a friend invited us to accompany him on his boat back to his home mooring just along the coast - rude not to accept his invitation on a much bigger better equipped vessel! So we spent the afternoon lazily sailing the Solent in a gentle breeze and gorgeous sunshine with the auto helm on ( I did learn how they work though) I did earn my passage as I jumped off the boat to secure the bow line when we moored - it's a hard life ;) As the long range weather report is excellent for next week a little trip to Monna's neck of the woods may be on the cards.......I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'll keep mine crossed too Silvasava, and toes and other improbable body parts..
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,142 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Anyone got any advice. I have 5ft fence 5 bays long on a slant down the garden. I've redone the garden so it's on three levels. Now the top level we stand on and can see over a public path into a neighbours garden. Can I put a fence 2m high from my side ground level or 2m path side?

Check on the In my home/DIY board as there are lots of things there about fences. It's a regular topic.
  • silvasava
    silvasava Posts: 4,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Be sure if it all goes ahead the first thing I'll do Monna is meet you in the Pilot!!
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    silvasava wrote: »
    Be sure if it all goes ahead the first thing I'll do Monna is meet you in the Pilot!!

Good luck, I hope you are able to meet and have a lovely time together :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure