IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

stung by LondonParking Solutions

Dear Forum,

I have been sent a parking charge notice to registered keeper from London Parking Solutions Limited, asking to pay 110 + 18 (administration charge) reason being No valid permit on display. Actually I remember parking at this place, there was a display saying 2 hours free parking for visitors and no option to pay for parking. I was late by 10 mins, but there was no PCN attached to the vehicle as claimed in the letter. I was not aware of this PCN until the receipt of this letter :( I haven't contacted them yet. The date on the letter is 10/03, just received it today.

They claim the appeal period is past its date, but how could I lodge an appeal when I was not aware of it?

Also, they don't acknowledge the fact that it was over the two hour free parking and haven't provided my entry and exit timing. How can they be so sure of it?

Do I have a chance against them? What should be my course of action be? should I disclose the driver details?

Thanks in advance,
San

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,638 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Do I have a chance against them?
    Yes.
    What should be my course of action be?
    Please read 'NEWBIES PLEASE READ THESE FAQS FIRST' and send a challenge as keeper, regardless of the time. The templates are there.
    should I disclose the driver details?
    No!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • bcs2015
    bcs2015 Posts: 29 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Thank you Coupon Mad.
    I need to send the appeal to the operator, If I say I was above 10 mins / within the free two hour period then I would be indirectly disclosing that I am the driver ! not sure if I hold any chance of getting 10 mins grace above the 2 hr period. Moreover, in the letter there is no mention of the 2 hr free parking at all.

I will be asking them to provide evidence that the vehicle was parked there for more than 2 hours, provide photographic evidence of entry and exit on the alleged day.

Actually the situation with this area is, visitors have a space where 2 hrs of parking is allowed, all the offices have allocated parking and few of the spaces are owned by individuals and they don't come under operators authority.

I am not sure how to phrase the appeal :( am sure will reject the initial appeal and I will have to appeal to Independent Appeals Service then I can include additional points as to requesting to provide the contract to operate the car park, landlord consent, planning, pre-estimate loss etc.
    Any suggestions on how to draft the initial appeal to the operator please?

Thanks,
    San
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    these par@sites ALMOST ALWAYS reject an appeal, no matter what the content

you dont add anything to the relevant template , it is submitted "as is"

the less said about what happened , the better

the less you give away about what you know , the better

The IAS is a kangaroo court so you have little or no chance of winning any appeal with them, hence why we say "dont bother"

just submit the correct template, thats it , nothing more to do
  • Coupon-mad
    If I say I was...

...then you will be shooting your toes off in one fell swoop. You do see why?? Driver??!
    I am not sure how to phrase the appeal

That's why the template exists in the NEWBIES thread, the appeal for IPC members. Stop trying to write something else.
    Any suggestions on how to draft the initial appeal to the operator please?

See, when people write that, we know they have NOT read the NEWBIES thread despite already being signposted to it.
  • bcs2015
    Thank you Couponpmad & Redx, I have send the appeal as is after filling the blanks. Have received the below response. Why should I provide my telephone number & disclose who the driver was? there is no legal requirement of it right.

I have included the PCN no, name and address only.
    Thank you.

Thank you for your email.

If your email is in relation to a Parking Charge Notice appeal ("PCN"), please be advised that if you have not included your:

PCN Number, full name, contact telephone number, email address & full postal address, we will be unable to log your appeal. You will also need to confirm whether you were the driver of the vehicle at the relevant time, the registered keeper of the vehicle or a 3rd party representing either the driver or the keeper.

Please forward us this information at your earliest possible convenience. In the absence of this information, your PCN will not be placed on hold and the matter may escalate.

In the event that you have provided all of the details above, please allow up to 14 working days for a response to your appeal.

Your appeal response will either be sent to your email address or to your provided postal address.

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL - THIS IS AN UNMONITORED EMAIL ADDRESS - Please email: appeals@paymypcn.net
  • fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,033 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    bcs2015 wrote: »
    Thank you Couponpmad & Redx, I have send the appeal as is after filling the blanks. Have received the below response. Why should I provide my telephone number & disclose who the driver was? there is no legal requirement of it right.

I have included the PCN no, name and address only.
    Thank you.

Thank you for your email.

If your email is in relation to a Parking Charge Notice appeal ("PCN"), please be advised that if you have not included your:

PCN Number, full name, contact telephone number, email address & full postal address, we will be unable to log your appeal. You will also need to confirm whether you were the driver of the vehicle at the relevant time, the registered keeper of the vehicle or a 3rd party representing either the driver or the keeper.

Please forward us this information at your earliest possible convenience. In the absence of this information, your PCN will not be placed on hold and the matter may escalate.

In the event that you have provided all of the details above, please allow up to 14 working days for a response to your appeal.

Your appeal response will either be sent to your email address or to your provided postal address.

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL - THIS IS AN UNMONITORED EMAIL ADDRESS - Please email: [EMAIL="appeals@paymypcn.net"]appeals@paymypcn.net[/EMAIL]

It's a fishing exercise do not give them any of that information only pcn number.
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    And if your appeal already included the PCN number then don't respond at all.

The appeal should have included the following:

PCN Number
    Appellant's Name
    Appellant's Postal Address
    Appellant's Email Address (if the appeal was emailed)

Anything else is unnecessary. The DON'T need your phone number, and you DON'T need to elucidate on the driver/keeper issue - your appeal already covers that.
  • bcs2015
    Well as informed before my appeal has been turned dow, below is the link to the rejection letter
    rejection letter from London Parking Solutions

the link to the document with the response to the questions and evidence provided by them is below
    Response to queries

In their response they haven't provided any photographic evidence of the vehicle entering or leaving the premises, All they have provided is the photo of the parking restriction notice and 2 hours free visitor parking. This doesn't prove that my vehicle was on their premises on that day for more than 2 hours.

What should I include in my appeal to IAS?

Many thanks
  • Coupon-mad
    What should I include in my appeal to IAS?

Nothing because the IAS is considered a kangaroo court - a chocolate teapot. Everyone loses. See post #3 of the NEWBIES thread.

Ignore. No-one is telling you to pay.
  • bcs2015
    Have received a post from London Parking Solutions on Saturday with the photographs of car parked with a time stamp on the photo after 10 mins of the 2 hr period. They are saying by parking on the premises driver has agreed to the terms which is to pay penalty if the stay exceeds beyond 2 hrs.

Should I appeal to IAS or ignore. I have seen couple of posts where in the case was taken to small claims court and the judgement was against the driver and they had to pay 350 instead of the initial amount on PCN.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure