Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Distressed08
    • By Distressed08 12th Aug 17, 11:49 AM
    • 7Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Distressed08
    Barclaycard Partially Settled
    • 12th Aug 17, 11:49 AM
    Barclaycard Partially Settled 12th Aug 17 at 11:49 AM
    Hi, please can someone advise us? We have arranaged some full and final payments through StepChange two months ago. Barclaycard accepted but have left the account open showing £198 outstanding debt, which is the amount left after they have deducted the settlement figure on our credit file. When my husband rang this morning to query it, he was asked whether we wish to pay the remaining balance off??!!
    My understanding is that is should show as partially settled and closed? Is this correct and if so, where do we do now?
    Thanks for any advice.
Page 1
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 12th Aug 17, 11:53 AM
    • 12,664 Posts
    • 11,990 Thanks
    sourcrates
    • 12th Aug 17, 11:53 AM
    • 12th Aug 17, 11:53 AM
    Hi,

Have you got written conformation from Barclaycard that the amount you paid would close the account, and you would not be chased for the remaining balance by them or there agents ?
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Credit File And Ratings, and
    Bankruptcy And Living With It, boards. "I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly".
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

For free debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, or, CAB.
    For Legal advice see : http://legalbeagles.info/
    • Distressed08
    • By Distressed08 12th Aug 17, 11:58 AM
    • 7 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Distressed08
    • 12th Aug 17, 11:58 AM
    • 12th Aug 17, 11:58 AM
    Hi, yes StepChange negotiated on our behalf and this was all agreed.
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 12th Aug 17, 12:08 PM
    • 12,664 Posts
    • 11,990 Thanks
    sourcrates
    • 12th Aug 17, 12:08 PM
    • 12th Aug 17, 12:08 PM
    Hi, yes StepChange negotiated on our behalf and this was all agreed.
    Originally posted by Distressed08
    To confirm, this was agreed in writing, yes ?

And you have a copy in your possession.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Credit File And Ratings, and
    Bankruptcy And Living With It, boards. "I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly".
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

For free debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, or, CAB.
    For Legal advice see : http://legalbeagles.info/
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,426Posts Today

8,311Users online

Martin's Twitter