Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • glider3560
    • By glider3560 22nd Jul 17, 8:39 AM
    • 3,222Posts
    • 1,942Thanks
    glider3560
    Quickest way of building up a balance?
    • 22nd Jul 17, 8:39 AM
    Quickest way of building up a balance? 22nd Jul 17 at 8:39 AM
    I have recently got into stoozing (jumping on the bandwagon late).

What's the quickest way of building up a balance? I'm putting all my normal day-to-day expenditure on there. Are there any quick routes to an effective cash advance, without paying a cash advance fee?

Page 1
    • The Urbanite
    • By The Urbanite 25th Jul 17, 7:15 PM
    • 99 Posts
    • 38 Thanks
    The Urbanite
    • 25th Jul 17, 7:15 PM
    • 25th Jul 17, 7:15 PM
    I have recently got into stoozing (jumping on the bandwagon late).

What's the quickest way of building up a balance? I'm putting all my normal day-to-day expenditure on there. Are there any quick routes to an effective cash advance, without paying a cash advance fee?
    Originally posted by glider3560

Yes there are quite a few - I've ripped thousands out of 0% and Amex/miles cards. Problem is, any methods of doing this that become public will be jumped on by money launderers and credit card thieves and shut down by financial institutions.

Best way is to experiment and when you find a route, keep it to yourself!
    • slenderkitten
    • By slenderkitten 31st Jul 17, 3:58 PM
    • 876 Posts
    • 186 Thanks
    slenderkitten
    • 31st Jul 17, 3:58 PM
    • 31st Jul 17, 3:58 PM
    what is this stoozing?
    My Signature is MY OWN!!
    • eskbanker
    • By eskbanker 31st Jul 17, 5:53 PM
    • 5,282 Posts
    • 5,038 Thanks
    eskbanker
    • 31st Jul 17, 5:53 PM
    • 31st Jul 17, 5:53 PM
    what is this stoozing?
    Originally posted by slenderkitten
    Read the post in the sticky thread immediately above this one, which links to the explanatory MSE article....
    • The Urbanite
    • By The Urbanite 31st Jul 17, 11:57 PM
    • 99 Posts
    • 38 Thanks
    The Urbanite
    • 31st Jul 17, 11:57 PM
    • 31st Jul 17, 11:57 PM
    what is this stoozing?
    Originally posted by slenderkitten
    Balance transferring credit into a bank account at 0% and using those funds to earn interest.

What's described in this thread is slow stoozing - using 0% purchases cards to buy things and save the money you'd use to pay it off in full, until the limit is reached.

I prefer the latter method as it's easy to make purchases that end up in your bank account with virtually no effort - a slow stooze which sees the credit limit reached in minutes. The minimum payments also generate direct debits which help to keep all those bank accounts paying out rewards.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,184Posts Today

6,829Users online

Martin's Twitter