Sky Loophole!! TV, broadband and phone for £6/mth

Options

Comments

• mymatebob
    mymatebob Posts: 2,199 Forumite
    Options
    Wolf wrote: »
    Got to say Sky have always been excellent on customer service and offers.
    Always had a Scottish customer service rep, didn't realise they had moved any call takers out abroad, but other services that do I have always found the staff to be courteous, helpful and easily understood.
    Negotiated a less than half price Sky+ box with free installation and free relocation of standard box. The dish was upgraded and received a reduction in the monthly bill as long as i didn't reduce the package.
    The hardware has always been excellent, Sky+ is a great bit of kit, and can only say to previous comments, if you watch the same channels you will get repeats, but with so many channels you have so much choice and have no need to watch a single repeat.
    I have heard the same problems regarding Virgin too, a friend was being charged constantly for films they had never ordered.

I fear I have to disagree with you there

Customer service has been okay but in the 10 years I have been with them I have had one "3 month full package half price" offer, my brother and mother have both had Sky since the days of analogue and not once been offered any sort of deal. I do not think they are great for offers for existing customers at all
    You negotiated a deal - not the same as being offered a deal and as others have posted on here this can be a bit hit and miss. You can tell them you are going to cancel and they will let you or you may get a deal.
    I agree that there are many channels and I could watch a different thing each day, however I would be watching stuff I have no desire to see.
    Quality not quantity is what I am after.

I am not interested in the broadband or other options at present, but I do fancy Sky+ as a loyal customer I will pay £159 for this. (Discounted of course for ordering on line)

After typing this I wondered exactly how many channels I watch on a regular basis so just went and counted them. 10. And that includes the 5 terrestrial ones.

Think I will save my money for now until (as in never) a decent offer comes in.
  • vithya
    vithya Posts: 84 Forumite
    Options
    One-off costs £30.00? isnt that free?
  • ystalyfera
    ystalyfera Posts: 156 Forumite
    Options
    Zetec_Andy wrote: »
    Ive been with Sky 20 years and they still want to charge me £250 for a replacement sky+ box, i had to threaten to cancel to get one free.

They still want to charge me full price for a Sky HD box.
    yeah me too:mad::mad: swines:mad:
  • ystalyfera
    ystalyfera Posts: 156 Forumite
    Options
    molan wrote: »
    I can't see how anyone can possibly think Sky is expensive given both the quantity and quality of their content!

I pay about £55 a month for the full package with sports and movies including HD with Sky+. Given that this is a paltry £1.80 a day I think it's an absolute bargain - I spend more than that on wine alone.

I did all the maths and worked out the cost of the odd DVD rental as well and Sky was way cheaper than any other combination.

Personally I'd go for the full package with HD (which is brilliant for movies and sports) .

I've had their broadband for about six months and it's generally been pretty good. The odd outage but no worse than my previous providers - BT & then Pipex.

The real winner for me though is the "on demand" nature of the Sky+ box and the way I can set it to record every episode of a series or a set of sports events etc. I hardly ever watch a programme in "real" time any more and always zap straight through the commercials. It's totally changed the way I think about watching TV.

I've got some friends with Virgin and they've had nothing but problems with their internet connections and their customer service is awful. Sky can be patchy in this regard but in general they've usually been quite helpful whenever I've had to call them.

Oh well, I guess you can't please all the people all of the time but I'm definitely one happy customer!
    i do this to Mo thing is with that sometimes i cant rember what day it is:eek: cos i watch stuff from the day before:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • TEssery
    TEssery Posts: 43 Forumite
    Options
    Sky is currently offering a "member get member" offer where a current Sky customer can refer a friend who gets a free Sky+ box (normally £209) or a Sky HD box for £99 (a saving of £210). If you're planning to buy Sky+ or Sky HD rather than the basic Sky service, then this saves you more than the £150 cashback, but you need a friend with Sky who has received the promotional mailing because there are unique reference numbers to be quoted when claiming. Worth asking around. Sky subscriber have received two vouchers with unique reference codes, each can refer two friends but the time limit is quite short.

I've just introduced my friend (who was already planning to get Sky+) - and I get £50 of M&S Vouchers for referring her, which we're going to share.

Best wishes
    Tracey
    TRC :)
  • clearvisor
    clearvisor Posts: 150 Forumite
    Options
    greyster wrote: »
    If you just want broadband, its still cheaper to go with cable, if you can get it. Cashback sites apply too.
    Greyster, Our cable stops at the bungalows in front of our ones, I asked them and they came out as only five in a block of 6 wanted the full package,
    You'll laugh at this the man told me,"If you get all 6 of you we will come and do it",I politely told him, " Im not doing your F job for you", so thats how good cable are, I even asked them to install it round our back ways as a new building block of flats are going up, but no luck,thats richard Bransons service for you,
    I just wish I could get hold of Branson email,
  • PRINCESSKERRY
    Options
    I cancelled my sky a few days ago, wasn't offered anything as an incentive just to lower my package a bit. Been a customer for over 2 years.:rolleyes:

Also as I am a existing customer will there be any charge to join again as I obviously have all the equipment etc.

Anyway I just wondered I am moving in the next 6 months and just wondered what do you pay to transfer your sky over to a new property. I'm not sure whether to carry on with the cancellation and then sign up again in OH's name to get the £150 cashback, then I would have signed up in both me and OH's name so wont be able to cancel and redo in the future. I already have a sky + box so I'm assuming I can just use that instead of the sky box they give me.
    Or to wait and cancel just before I move and then sign up in new property, knowing I will have to pay installation but that way I will look like a new customer as well as husband.
    Competition wins - 09/03 - £500 ELC Vouchers 11/04 - Lush Goodies 21/04 - Gillette Fusion Gift Pack 22/05 - Mirrors DVD 29/05 - Return Flights to London & £500 29/05 - £50 Homebase Gift Vouchers 20/09 - Remote Control Helicopter 28/09 - £225 Bingo Win 05/10 £25 Photobox Vouchers 16/09 £90 Cash 30/11 £29 Cash 03/01 £20 03/04 Fifa Football :T
  • chocodawn
    chocodawn Posts: 174 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I cancelled my sky subscription a month ago. Does anyone know if I could take up this offer or is it new customers only?
  • Polly
    Polly Posts: 898 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I haven't subscribed to Sky but do have the Sky box for the free channels. Will I be classed as a 'new' customer for a deal like this?
  • molan
    molan Posts: 23 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    stoneman wrote: »
    What are you saying then??
    So, just because some people have thousands of posts they must be the ones to trust? Come on, get real. That's like me saying that the ones with thousands of posts need to get a life, and are constant moaners, and the ones with just a few are the ones that only post when they have something of worth to say. But of course, we all know that is a wrong assumption as well.

As one of the people praising Sky I just wanted to say that I am a very regular poster on other forums (and a moderator on one as well). I don't usually post stuff here as I often don't have a lot to add to other people's posts.

I first spotted Martin's headline offer that said "Sky for £6" and thought, bloody hell that's a stupidly good price for something I pay about £55 a month for.

I then logged in and the first few posts I saw were from people saying that it either wasn't a good deal or that Sky wasn't worth having.

I don't agree with either of these things and thought the posts were worth responding to.

As a regular forum reader I'm very used to the fact that there are more people out there who want to moan aimlessly about stuff than to be positive, seems a shame really?

PS - thanks to the person who mentioned the "friend" offer for HD, I'm going to try and track that one down as my my mum is just about to sign up for HD (her partner is a big sports fan and having seen it in HD at my place he's desperate for her to get it!).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure