PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

No T Words mentioned at all - a fresh start

Options

Comments

• scottishminnie
    scottishminnie Posts: 3,085 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Candlelight - do take care of yourself and take all the help that you both can get. That sounds really alarming and I'm sure that,even with a diagnosis, you will still worry so make sure to try and get time out if you can.

Daily hospital visits will be exhausting no matter how short. Fingers crossed things stabilise and you can move to longer term management of the condition.

The heart failure nurse sounds like a real asset so take her up on any offer of help.
    NO FARMS = NO FOOD
  • hoglet121
    hoglet121 Posts: 658 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Candlelight, you and himself have been in my thoughts, I do hope things are stabilising for you both.

A quiet but busy weekend here, if that's possible! Did a super long bike ride on sat morning - 65 miles, although I was aiming for 80. At 65 miles I had the option to get the train home and took it with open arms. After that I've been working all weekend really - I've got work coming out of my ears for my small business which is GREAT, but it does tend to be a bit like buses - a great big gap then a heap of stuff all at once!

Alfie managed to knock his scabs off on Sat and came in bleeding. His stitches are out and the wound stopped bleeding pretty quickly so he'll be OK - it was just quite a surprise. He's still being nice and snuggly, both last night and the night before when I went to bed, he'd already taken himself up there and was fast asleep on the duvet.

Other than that, not much to report from us. Better get some work done I suppose.

Hoglet xx
  • candlelight_2013
    Options
    Good morning all, I am back!!:)

We had rain during the night, but this morning is lovely. The garden is fresh with lots of colour with my lovely tulips and blue bells.

Himself is doing really well, and the hospital are pleased with him. He has lost in total about 4 stone in fluid and he has a good colour now. He is just on water tablets now and doesn't have to have the intravenous infusions now which used to wipe him out.

He could easily have a relapse through no fault of his own, just that the pump in his heart isn't working properly. He has to weigh himself each morning and if it looks as though he has put a couple of pounds on overnight we have to phone the hospital immediately.

For now we are enjoying getting back into our routine, he is driving again and was able to walk around the supermarket with me, which he hasn't been able to do for a few weeks prior to going into hospital. He still has little naps during the day, but that is no problem, he just needs to have his strength back.

We are having a lazy day today. I did most of the washing yesterday, DGD is still in bed but no doubt she will want to do her washing later. We have had breakfast and I have showered and washed my hair so all is right in our little world.

Not a lot planned for the week ahead. We have an appointment with the GP on Tuesday to make sure all the new tablets Himself has to take are on their computer. We have to call a call centre to order our repeat prescriptions and of course if they are not recorded we won't have them.

Thank you for all your good wishes it is so good to be able to talk to friends who understand me.

SM I hope you can sort the problem out of the painting gifted to you. I didn't comment on your thread, but I really think the son had a cheek.

Hoglet I hope you, DH and the cats are OK. Flora knew Himself wasn't well we could tell by the way she behaved with him. I told her she had to be gentle with him because he is on a blood thinner and bleeds easily and she does try, bless her.

Lyn, Zebra is coming on in leaps and bounds isn't he. I bet you can't wait to give him a cuddle, I hope it isn't long before you are with him.

Love and hugs to you all and have a good day

Candlelightx
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Well that's a welcome message to read on a Sunday morning CANDLELIGHT, brilliant going to shed the 4 stones of fluid so quickly, it sounds as though you've turned that corner back to normal life, well done Mr Candlelight!

The work to replace the broken fence panels continues today although both participants are feeling a bit creaky from having done 4 of them yesterday so today they'll be digging out and repositioning one of the fence supports which has twisted out of alignment and only putting up one panel which seems great good sense, they're both retired and there's no need to go at it like a bull at a gate.

I hope you have a 'normal' Sunday and a rest from all the stress and worry you've been through of late, there's a great deal to be said for normal isn't there love? Lyn xxx.

Nell is visiting Zebra today, I'll no doubt hear all about it later on, she loves him SOOOOOOOOO much!!!
  • scottishminnie
    Options
    Evening all.

Candlelight- I'm glad to hear the news about himself. Certainly sounds much more positive although the thought of weight fluctuation like that overnight is a bit alarming. Hopefully things will continue in the right direction now.

I've calmed down a bit about my painting situation. I was so taken aback but hubby was all guns blazing, as are my two cousins, so I'll be keeping the painting. I will get it valued though as it could do with being cleaned and we will see what transpires from that!

I've come to the end of a particular piece of work which I'm relieved about. It wasn't one of the nicer projects to manage and in addition it was becoming 7 days a week, 14/15 hour days so I'm glad to move on. This was the first weekend in a while I've not had to touch my work laptop:)

I spent some time in the garden over the weekend. It was pretty chilly yesterday be dry both days and I managed to tidy lots of things up. My rhubarb is suddenly flourishing - there may be enough by next weekend for a big family sized crumble.

My gooseberry and currant bushes are covered in flowers which look like tiny fruits. I don't think I've ever noticed this so early before but it's exciting - simple pleasures:o

I'm off to do some mending now. Hubby has a quilted sweater which he has managed to snag (several times) on barbed wire and some of the insides are coming out so I need to fix it. I washed it earlier and noticed whilst it was on the line that some of the filling must have fallen out and two little sparrows were gathering it up. Someone will have a nice soft lining in their nest:)

Have a good evening all.
    NO FARMS = NO FOOD
  • hoglet121
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Candlelight I'm so pleased to hear how Himself is doing now - you've both been in my thoughts. Animals do seem to 'know' don't they, I'm so glad Flora is treating Himself gently. Our 3 are doing well thanks, Alf's fur is growing back and the wound has healed really cleanly.

We've just had a long weekend here which was just what I needed. Saturday I had plans for a 40 mile + bike ride and lots of work, well I managed 26 miles and no work, a sure sign I needed some rest. The match DH was supposed to be refereeing was cancelled, although he did run the line for his mate so his time wasn't entirely wasted. Then the local match he'd planned to watch in the afternoon was cancelled also, so he didn't have much luck with rugby.

We had terrible weather on Sunday, I'd planned on cycling over to my cousin's but had to take the car. She was having a spice party, like a tupperware party - well it was things other than spices too, dips, meat rubs, syrups etc. All ridiculously expensive but I went to help her out. The one thing I had thought about buying wasn't available anyway so that was money not spent. I did have fun tasting all the food tho and went home very well fed.

Anyway, Monday was far better - it was ANZAC Day here, commemorated in a similar way to Remembrance day in the UK - so we were up early for the dawn parade. After which we went back to bed! I finally caught up on lots of sleep and woke up ridiculously late but feeling much more refreshed. Managed a v hilly bike ride, the last time I'd done it I'd had to push the bike up almost all of the hills, this time I managed to stay in the saddle the whole time. I'm still very slow on the hills but I did feel that was progress. I'm thinking about entering an event at the end of Novemeber - the Taupo Solo which is 160km (98 miles) around a big lake, and it's v hilly. I've downloaded a 6 month training program (free, from magazine from library) and start it tonight. I'm a bit early but think I'll need some extra time to prepare.

That's all our news really, it's only 2 months now until my step kids arrive to visit for 6 weeks so we need to start getting prepared!

Love to you all,

Hoglet x
  • hoglet121
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Morning everyone,

Wow a week with no posts - hope everyone's OK.

Not much to report here other than I'm pleased it's cool enough to start cooking properly again. Jambalya for dinner on Sat with 2 for the freezer, and a sausage casserole with jacket spuds yesterday. Managed to grill the jacket spuds instead of baking them but they did come out ok... :-/

Alfie's had a weigh in at the vets. he's lost 200g and has 900g left to go. Very glad he's making progress. The blankets are out in the living room now and the cats love snuggling up in them.

43 miles on the bike on Sat, and 24 yesterday. I'm swapping my seat over for my old one, the more time I'm spending on the bike the more uncomfortable it is. Hopefully this will fix the problem a bit.

Got a busy day ahead, my online book club is having a party today. I've got lots of games to post so hopefully it will be a fun day.

Not much else going on, winter is definitely on the way!

Much love,

Hoglet xx
  • scottishminnie
    edited 1 May 2016 at 8:48PM
    Options
    Evening all. I hope you are all having a good bank holiday weekend. It's cold and miserable here but at least it is watering some plants which I moved around the garden yesterday.

Last year I bought a delphinium and the deer ate it - well they were blamed - it may have been the hare though:o so this year I bought another and planted it in a raised brick planter so I'm hoping it will stand a better chance. I've no idea what to plant along side it though- ideas welcome!

I have a very good crop of dandelions on my lawns so that is tomorrow's task, to dig them up and also to spray weed killer on the patios.

I had a few days in London earlier in the week. I was more than surprised to find it was just as chilly down there as it was further north - what has happened to our climate? The forecast for this week is warmer, if a bit wetter.

I visited my elderly friend yesterday. He is due to have a cataract operation this week which I'm hoping will allow him to see so much better. He has a huge magnifier for reading however it doesn't help with watching tv etc so an improvment would make such a difference. I found an old radio recently and was thinking about giving it to him - I love to listen to radio if I'm at home, especially if I'm doing things like cleaning and cooking so maybe he would enjoy it.

Tomorrow I also plan a charity shop drop off. I have some spare Pyrex dishes which were wedding gifts and have never been used so after 25 years it's time someone else got the benefit!
    Maybe I'm tempting fate by giving them away but the original ones are still in use and going strong so feels like a bit of a waste to keep them.

I'm off for a bath now - not to relax, we use the bath so rarely it needs dusted so I thought I'd use it and clean it at the same time:)
    NO FARMS = NO FOOD
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,636 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hello everyone,

Sorry have been MIA for a couple of weeks, the days fly by and we are in May already.

Well, last week was my last of the old working hours, from tomorrow will be doing four days a week instead of three but finishing at 2pm every day instead of 5, so much better for me. After a very sticky start am feeling more settled there and feel am being listened to in a professional capacity which certainly helps.
    My poor Bill has been suffering a bit in this cold, damp weather and is still on anti-inflammatory tabs every day. Am hoping will improve with the warmer weather that is supposed to be coming at the end of the week. I miss my riding dreadfully so will look into finding a good school for some lessons, but the cost is so prohibitive, on average nearly £30 for half hour private :eek:
    I have joined a horsey group on book of face so am hoping someone will advertise that they need ther horse exercised locally.

After four weeks in the BSD have lost 13lbs so am pleased with that, despite the daily calorie intake my energy levels are high and my acidy tummy has certainly calmed down a great deal.

I hope that MrC continues to improve Candlelight and that you have a chance for a little trip out today.
    SM - yes, it's been very cold and totally un-Springlike lately, does worry me that our seasons seem to be shifting about.
    Hoglet - as always am in awe of your lengthy bike rides, totally agree with the need for a comfy saddle having spent hours in one, albeit slightly different :)
    Lyn - glad you enjoyed trip to see Zebra the other day, you must notice changes in him every time.

Enjoy the BH everyone, here's to warmer weather and all that brings xx
  • mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    Options
    You seem to be in the wars Candlelight, I know what it's like to have to deal with a ratty and poorly hubby - sending you love & strength pet.
    Our gorgeous weather continues up here, from blizzards and 5" of snow last week to heavy horrible rain today. BUTTTT it's supposed to get warmer later in the week! Finally! :j:j:j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure