Titanic Belfast

Comments

• motorguy
    motorguy Posts: 22,473 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 9 April 2012 at 7:27PM
    Booked mine on Weds without any probs. Website says you can't take buggies round with you, but they have a kind of buggy park to leave them in. Doesn't say how much the underground car park is though, might be cheaper to park in Odyssey car park?

£1.50 for the first hour and i think a pound per hour thereafter.

We paid £2.50 for the duration we were there.
  • motorguy
    edited 9 April 2012 at 7:28PM
    emmett123 wrote: »
    all this hype about the Titanic is getting a little tiring now.

Start by not reading threads on it then. ;)
  • motorguy
    dazb75 wrote: »
    Yes, it seems that on the tour of the Titanic Building, the general public do not get to see the 'Grand Staircase'. This is despite the fact that it's shown on their website!

http://www.titanicbelfast.com/Navigation/The-Titanic-Experience/The-Fit-Out.aspx

It seems that as the Titanic had a passenger class hierarchy, so does the new building.

"Gallery Four contains an eclectic range of exhibits, models and elaborate CGI imagery to illustrate the ship’s opulent interior" - there is CGI imagery of it and other parts of the ship.

My understanding is that the replica grand staircase is in the conference centre part, not in the exhibition part?
  • motorguy
    katy-lou wrote: »
    To anyone thats been do you know if there was ticket touts outside it?
    It's sold out and I've got flights to go this week :(

Didnt see any.
  • dmxdave
    dmxdave Posts: 1,605 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    pgilc1 wrote: »
    Who mentioned wheelchairs being banned?

There is a 'ride' halfway through in seated 'cars'. Buggies etc can be left to one side OR you can bypass that part of the event. Same with wheelchairs i'd imagine.

Lots of lifts too.

Some of the "cars" are wheelchair friendly
    Dave
  • RooBee
    RooBee Posts: 282 Forumite
    Didnt see any.

Me neither.
  • dmxdave
    dmxdave Posts: 1,605 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    "Gallery Four contains an eclectic range of exhibits, models and elaborate CGI imagery to illustrate the ship’s opulent interior" - there is CGI imagery of it and other parts of the ship.

My understanding is that the replica grand staircase is in the conference centre part, not in the exhibition part?

Correct Paul, although they now plan "Staircase Sundays" when it will be part of the tour! They recently posted and very quickly pulled a pic (on FaceBook) of an actor on the Grand Staircase who was there as a visitor!

The CGI in Gallery Four does contain images of the staircase.....but unless you wait for the "loop" you might miss it.
    Dave
  • Although the Titanic Belfast is good value the food in Bistro 401 is dire and over priced. Lukewarm curry £ 11.95. Lukewarm inedible baked potato and salad £ 8.95. Scone £ 2.35.

Bring a flask and a piece.
    (What's So Funny 'Bout) Peace, Love, and Understanding - Nick Lowe
  • jeffer
    jeffer Posts: 222 Forumite
    Although the Titanic Belfast is good value the food in Bistro 401 is dire and over priced. Lukewarm curry £ 11.95. Lukewarm inedible baked potato and salad £ 8.95. Scone £ 2.35.

Disgusting, but sadly not unexpected.

Catering at most visitor attractions in NI has always left a lot to be desired, so it seems nothing has changed.
  • moonpie
    moonpie Posts: 132 Forumite
    I was there last week and didn't mind the queues or that the ride broke down but I did come away feeling very disappointed about the exhibition in gerneral. Probably my own fault in that I expected too much given the thought that had gone into the outside of the building. I think I expected to be more immersed (!) in the whole atmosphere of the ship. The ride (when it was fixed) did give a bit of a feel of the building experience but that was really all, everything else was just an exhibition.

I know some people will say "What more do you want!?" but somewhere I got the idea I would be experiencing the sights and smells of the story and would even receive a White Star boarding ticket at the start of my 'voyage' (dd was extremely disappointed at that one).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure