Barclays Personalised Debit Cards :)

Comments

• stclair
    stclair Posts: 6,844
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Apparently personailised debit cards are not available to customers until mid Jan. Does anyone know if there is any truth in this? It might explain why every imagine I send gets rejected even though it was only a picture of some goldfish lol
    Im an ex employee RBS Group
    However Any Opinion Given On MSE Is Strictly My Own
  • Gromitt
    Gromitt Posts: 5,063 Forumite
    stclair wrote: »
    Apparently personailised debit cards are not available to customers until mid Jan. Does anyone know if there is any truth in this? It might explain why every imagine I send gets rejected even though it was only a picture of some goldfish lol

A picture of a goldfish is a registered trademark of the goldfish credit card, which is probably why it got rejected.
  • Nine_Lives
    Nine_Lives Posts: 3,031 Forumite
    What a money maker this is for Barclays.

Personally, i would not spend £6.50 on a debit card. My hourly wage is £6.82, so i'd have worked most of an hour to pay for that, which IMO is a total waste of money.

It doesn't surprise me that many are falling for it though. The bigwigs at Barclays will be rubbing their hands together as they cackle away.
  • stclair
    Forumite
    edited 28 December 2011 at 5:22PM
    Gromitt wrote: »
    A picture of a goldfish is a registered trademark of the goldfish credit card, which is probably why it got rejected.

Yes not that gold fish I can assure you of that.

I even done a cat was that rejected because of topcat? lol

My other one was a drawing done by my neice that was rejected to!! unless my neice is a famous artist or something and I was unaware of it.
  • Lulee36
    Lulee36 Posts: 197 Forumite
    I got an email to say mine has been approved and it would be 5 days it was just a pic of the dog , also the email said zero charge ?

Congratulations - your Barclays Personalised Card order has been confirmed

"Thank you for using the Barclays Personalised Card Designer.
    Your order has been confirmed and is now being processed. You should expect to receive your new card within the next 5 working days.

When you receive your new card, please destroy your old card by cutting it through the chip.

The fee of £0.00 will be debited from your current account and will appear on your statement.

We hope you enjoy your new card!"
  • stclair
    Forumite
    Lulee36 wrote: »
    I got an email to say mine has been approved and it would be 5 days it was just a pic of the dog , also the email said zero charge ?

Congratulations - your Barclays Personalised Card order has been confirmed

"Thank you for using the Barclays Personalised Card Designer.
    Your order has been confirmed and is now being processed. You should expect to receive your new card within the next 5 working days.

When you receive your new card, please destroy your old card by cutting it through the chip.

The fee of £0.00 will be debited from your current account and will appear on your statement.

We hope you enjoy your new card!"

Keep that email just in case they try and charge you unless you work for the bank.

Telephone banking seem to think the service is not available to customers until the 22/01/12. I was also shocked today that the advisor was in the UK to.
  • I don't like the Barclays TV adverts at the moment. Would be enough to make me close my accounts and go elsewhere, if I was with them.
  • Gromitt
    Gromitt Posts: 5,063 Forumite
    I agree with you, flock of sheep. I only keep my Barclays account open as its a donor account - something I can setup a few fake SOs on should I want to grab an incentive another bank is giving out for switching your account. Next time around I'll probably close it, too.
  • AMG762
    AMG762 Posts: 478 Forumite
    Yeah...:j i just got the same email saying ive been accepted for a personalised card. Was just a photo of the kids.

My email also says the the fee will be £0.00 ? :D
  • novagirl
    novagirl Posts: 1,578
    First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Bank staff at the moment until mid-January as far as I know but then if the site is letting it go through...........
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure