Options

Comments

• tomtom256
    tomtom256 Posts: 2,217 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 18 June 2017 at 9:29AM
    Options
    dave030445 wrote: »
    No of course not but they probably know the difficulties the op have more then the DM so no they shouldn't call a doctor a liar. A Doctor is classed as a respectable job so maybe there evidence should be taken as truth.

The GP works on what YOU tell them, not what they see.

GP signs X off for 6 months as unfit for work. X claims ESA.

X then works for those six months whilst claiming. Clearly GP knows nothing other than what X has told them.
  • dave030445
    dave030445 Posts: 1,001 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    tomtom256 wrote: »
    The GP works on what YOU tell them, not what they see.

GP signs X off for 6 months as unfit for work. X claims ESA.

X then works for those six months whilst claiming. Clearly GP knows nothing other than what X has told them.

So who's evidence do we believe a doctor who has probably seen the patient many times and knows how there condtion probably affects them or do you believe nurse who has never heard of the condition you have and they see you for 45mins and they are better judges of how are illnesses affect us on a daily basis better than a doctor i don't think so. A doctor will know the symptoms of a condtion and will be able to tell if you probably are telling the truth. The nurse that i had had never heard of my condtion or its symptoms.
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,950 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    So who's evidence do we believe a doctor who has probably seen the patient many times and knows how there condtion probably affects them or do you believe nurse who has never heard of the condition you have and they see you for 45mins and they are better judges of how are illnesses affect us on a daily basis better than a doctor i don't think so. A doctor will know the symptoms of a condtion and will be able to tell if you probably are telling the truth. The nurse that i had had never heard of my condtion or its symptoms.
    Then it's the claimants responsibility to prove those descriptors apply to you. A letter from a GP isn't always the best evidence especially if it's the only evidence you have. Tomtom is right in saying that mostly a GP will go with what a patient tells him. If a decision hasn't gone in your favour then more evidence is the key.
  • tomtom256
    tomtom256 Posts: 2,217 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options

The GP is biased towards the patient and the assessor is biased towards DWP.

It's a no' brainer. However if you have seen consultant Y & Z as well as the GP send the evidence in.

It's not hard and it's not rocket science. That's why they see a lot of people as the evidence is not always provided or is only GP evidence.
  • dave030445
    Options
    tomtom256 wrote: »
    The GP is biased towards the patient and the assessor is biased towards DWP.

It's a no' brainer. However if you have seen consultant Y & Z as well as the GP send the evidence in.

It's not hard and it's not rocket science. That's why they see a lot of people as the evidence is not always provided or is only GP evidence.

yes you are probably correct My consultant gave a general letter regarding my condition loads of long words lol. but said if i need anything more to see my Dr
  • dave030445
    Options
    poppy12345 wrote: »
    Then it's the claimants responsibility to prove those descriptors apply to you. A letter from a GP isn't always the best evidence especially if it's the only evidence you have. Tomtom is right in saying that mostly a GP will go with what a patient tells him. If a decision hasn't gone in your favour then more evidence is the key.

What is the best evidence then?
  • poppy12345
    Options
    The ones that prove that those descriptors apply to you.
  • dave030445
    Options
    poppy12345 wrote: »
    The ones that prove that those descriptors apply to you.

That's the 64 million dollar question how does one prove that.with evidence
  • dave030445
    Options
    When I read through my awards letter everything that had Dr evidence to confirm what i wrote the DM wrote supported and every thing i wrote without Dr evidence she wrote unsupported and only gave me point where it said supported. So rightly or wrongly i thought that if you wrote something and your Dr supported what you said you would gets points
  • poppy12345
    Options
    When I read through my awards letter everything that had Dr evidence to confirm what i wrote the DM wrote supported and every thing i wrote without Dr evidence she wrote unsupported and only gave me point where it said supported. So rightly or wrongly i thought that if you wrote something and your Dr supported what you said you would gets points
    Wrong this isn't always what happens. As i said before multiple times you need to look at those descriptors to see where you can get those extra points and concentrate on those for the evidence, if you're asking for the MR.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure