IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

KNOCK KNOCK Mrs May, anyone at home ??? what are you doing about these CCJ's

Comments

• pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Castle wrote: »

PS , a consultation was underway 3 mths ago , the article published on the 12 th september says

"The Prime Minister’s spokesman said: ‘There is an investigation now under way. We have a strong legal system and it is important that it cannot be abused. That is why the Ministry of Justice is now taking work to look into the specific issue around CCJs.’

so is this a second consultation , or a rehash of an old story
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    so is this a second consultation , or a rehash of an old story
    The Labour Government used to call it 'spin'!
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • pappa_golf
    Combo Breaker First Post
    the DM thought people had forgotten what they wrote 3 mths ago , so is it a second consultation or a load of %^%^icks reporting

answers on chip wrappers please
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • pappa_golf
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Grimble wrote: »

however

"The Prime Minister’s spokesman said: ‘There is an investigation now under way. We have a strong legal system and it is important that it cannot be abused. That is why the Ministry of Justice is now taking work to look into the specific issue around CCJs.’

dated 12th september
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Castle
    Castle Posts: 4,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Grimble wrote: »

Just in case some people missed the very last paragraph of that release:-
    "And the Department for Communities and Local Government will be taking further steps in due course to tackle poor practice by private parking companies"
  • mowkid wrote: »
    According to the Sunday Express something is moving in government circles about the CCJ's being issued without the recipient's knowledge.
    We can only hope this is the start of something big re the PPC's.
    The movement will be civil servants running around panicking like headless chickens as their masters won't want to end the gravy train with the BPA, DVLA, IPC and all the PPCs - after all the latter are businesses, so pay all those lovely corporate taxes to the Treasury...
  • The movement will be civil servants running around panicking like headless chickens as their masters won't want to end the gravy train with the BPA, DVLA, IPC and all the PPCs - after all the latter are businesses, so pay all those lovely corporate taxes to the Treasury...
    Unless they have very good accountants,I expect they use PE as a loss that's why all the court cases.:rotfl:
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • Unless they have very good accountants,I expect they use PE as a loss that's why all the court cases.:rotfl:
    Tbh, I'm doubting Theresa May gives a damn about ordinary people in this country, unless they wave a load of money in her direction and put it into the Tory party's coffers as a donation.
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 24 December 2016 at 5:32PM
    Castle wrote: »
    Just in case some people missed the very last paragraph of that release:-
    "And the Department for Communities and Local Government will be taking further steps in due course to tackle poor practice by private parking companies"

I saw that as well. the words "due course" is just like a fractious old tart.

Mrs May is struggling to unite her fractious kingdom

Either the DCLG are in bed with the scammers or they act for Mrs May's new government.

It's all hush hush but Mrs May has promised a fair society, she seriously needs a strong word into the shell like ears of the DCLG
    and in particular the lagger ..... MARCUS JONES MP
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport