Free Personal Plumbing Info.

Comments

• cghadley
    cghadley Posts: 5 Forumite
    Hiya ian
    now i wanted to boost my power to my electric shower?
    so i went out to buy a new shower.. then they said - you get power showers and electric ones?
    what is the difference
    can i only connect one sort to a different type of water supply
    i have a combination boiler but the electric shower gets cold water and heats it up?

i am confused now?

clint
    something missing
  • GDEvans
    GDEvans Posts: 9 Forumite
    Ian

My bathroom basin taps have come loose and move about in the hole in the basin (the pipe is still tight in the tap). How do I tighten them - the recess in the underside of the basin is quite narrow and I can't get a spanner up there. Is there a special tool needed?

Thanks, Gareth
  • dingo
    dingo Posts: 20 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi Ian

2 "hot tap" questions:

1. My kitchen hot tap runs ok until the water gets hot then there is an almighty "clunk" and the flow reduces. Turning the tap open further helps for a while till the same thing happens again. keeping on turning solves the problem but the you have Niagra pressure hot water coming out.

2. The bathroom hot tap has to be turned 2 or 3 turns before it will start running. After that it is fine.

Thanks if you can help.
  • Hi Ian,

We have a mixer tap in the kitchen. At present only cold water is getting through. The hot water supply from the emersion tank is connected, switched on and open on full. Can you help figure out why the hot water is not getting through.

Many thanks

Darren Dickey
  • duhelu
    duhelu Posts: 54 Forumite
    Hi
    after I have flushed the toilet the cistern fills then as it gets near to being full it makes noisy thumbing noises in the pipes and when "full" its almost a bang. Does this all day too but it seems very noisy if flushed in the middle of the night.
    Thanks for any advice you can offer.
  • arkle13
    arkle13 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Hi Ian

I want to change the layout of my little en suite. The house is about 15 years old. What can I get my husband to do as DIY (he can do most things but has not done something like this) and what do I need a professional for? I want to change the shower from electric off the mains to a power shower, change the tray and enclosure from a 760 square to a 900 quadrant in the same place, move the toilet from the internal wall 90 degrees right onto the outside wall and move the basin 90 degrees left from the opposite internal wall also to the outside wall beside the toilet?

Many Thanks

Sharon Noyle
  • druzif
    druzif Posts: 37 Forumite
    Hi

I recently bought a De Longhi proffessional cooker from a friend but i'm having problems getting it connected. I've been told by a relative that the pipe isn't UK standard and so when connecting it to the flexible pipe that leads to the gas outlet, it won't fit.

I've called a few Corgi registered plumbers but they will charge me a lot, either £55 per hour (no guarantee it will be fixed within the hour!) or £110 to fit and connect.

Do you have any advice or will I just have to pay. Please help cos its a fab cooker and I really want to use it.

Drew
  • Maggie
    Maggie Posts: 18 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    HI Ian,
    We have a central heating system that causes us grief. It is a high pressure micro-bore job. There is no tank in the roof , but the tank in the airing cupboard has to be balanced once or twice per year. As far as we can work out the pump is always on. we have come to the concluson we don't understand it. We have the boiler serviced annually.Is their an idiots guide to high pressure systems- we don't want to tinker just understand how it works.
    If we want the whole system checking do we need a plumber ( the existing one is OFTEC) or a heating system company andhow do you choose one?
  • stenning
    stenning Posts: 10 Forumite
    Hi Ian

Certain sinks in the house have cold water for a second then in stops, one toilet doesnt fill very fast and the shower only gives out hot water.

Any ideas on what the problem could be?

Cheers
  • :confused: It now takes about 5 pulls on my cistern to get the flush to complete. I have heard from an unreliable person that I need a new Flap Valve. Is this true? If so, how do I fit it?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure