PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Quick Questions on ANYTHING Old Style 3 (See first post for links to other threads)

Comments

• meritaten
    meritaten Posts: 24,158 Forumite
    if you are using chicken OxO cubes - they say dissolve one cube in 190ml of water. I dont think I want to comment on that - apart from saying that when I was little (40 odd years ago) my mum used ONE cube to about a half pint of water!
  • zippychick
    zippychick Posts: 9,364 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    ive merged this with our quick questions thread as you have your answer. I cut out the little instruction from the pack and pop it in the box i keep them in., if i forget I can always reference back to it :)

Hope it went well :)

Zip
    A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men :cool:
    Norn Iron club member #380

• mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    I know this a wee bit OT but is there not an OS diet-type thread somewhere or am I imagining it? Or a diet thread anywhere on the forum? I cant find it :mad:
  • squeaky
    squeaky Posts: 14,129 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    mardatha wrote: »
    I know this a wee bit OT but is there not an OS diet-type thread somewhere or am I imagining it? Or a diet thread anywhere on the forum? I cant find it :mad:

You mean this? ...

Weight Loss the Old Style Way! Part 7. Please read posts 1 and 2 before posting.
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = £5.20 Apr £0.50
  • mardatha
    Thanku squeaks!
  • Just a quick Q, it might be on here already, but I couldn't find it...

I have a lot of left over chicken after doing a roast on Sunday... I have used a lot of it on dinner yesterday (soup), today (risotto), and will tomorrow (pasta bake), but with the extra what can I make with it that I can freeze? I don't really want to do Thursday with it as well as I don't like to keep cold meat in the fridge more than 3 days (or do you think it would be ok?).

Is it too late to freeze it to re-heat later? I'd rather not bin it, but if I've left it too long I might have to.
    Debt Free No Longer Wannabe
    DFD: 25th July 2014
    About to ruin all that and get a mortgage!
  • squeaky
    squeaky Posts: 14,129 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Vicky496 wrote: »
    Just a quick Q, it might be on here already, but I couldn't find it...

I have a lot of left over chicken after doing a roast on Sunday... I have used a lot of it on dinner yesterday (soup), today (risotto), and will tomorrow (pasta bake), but with the extra what can I make with it that I can freeze? I don't really want to do Thursday with it as well as I don't like to keep cold meat in the fridge more than 3 days (or do you think it would be ok?).

Is it too late to freeze it to re-heat later? I'd rather not bin it, but if I've left it too long I might have to.
    Hiya :)

Personally I limit chicken to three days in the fridge and after that I either freeze it in portions, or make something with remains and then freeze that something.

You'll find plenty of suggestions in this thread: How long does cooked chicken keep for?

And a whole bunch more ideas here: Rubber Chicken

There are a fair number of chicken ideas that can used from browsing: Cooking for the Freezer.. and Meal building blocks for the freezer

There's no real need to make "things" straight away - you can pick the carcass and freeze your pickings in suitable portions and make up any meals you fancy at the time you decide that you want a "chicken something". That gives you more flexibility in the future.

Again with the carcass - make chicken stock, rather than soup, and freeze it. That way you have stock available for anything you might like to make which, by definition, includes soup :)

HTH :)
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = £5.20 Apr £0.50
  • Ess-six
    Ess-six Posts: 141 Forumite
    Is there a list anywhere of all the different challenges? - I keep seeing them in people's signatures and think 'that looks interesting, I'll find out a bit more about that' and then can't actually find the thread?

Thanks
  • mardatha
    Made soup, with cabbage onion lentils barley chicken stock. Its bland and too cabbagey. What can I chuck in to make it tastier? before teatime tonigh!t :eek:
  • GreyQueen
    GreyQueen Posts: 13,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    mardatha wrote: »
    Made soup, with cabbage onion lentils barley chicken stock. Its bland and too cabbagey. What can I chuck in to make it tastier? before teatime tonigh!t :eek:
    :) Peel and dice some tatties and chuck in, cook down til tatties soft, add some milk and whizz with blender. Salt and pepper. Makes it smoother and creamier and should neutralise the cabbagey-ness a touch. HTH.
    Every increased possession loads us with a new weariness.
    John Ruskin
    Veni, vidi, eradici
    (I came, I saw, I kondo'd)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills