IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Eye Court Action

Comments

• Hi, Received a parking eye invoice today for one of my work courtesy cars as our customer overstayed in a local retail park. They have addressed it to the name of the company as that is what all the cars are registered in. Am i right in saying that these people can only try to get the driver to pay and not the registered keeper ? and if i give them the name of the driver would it not be a breach of the Data protection Act as i understand that i only have to give the police, congestion charge people and local councils any information.
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    artful280 wrote: »
    Hi, Received a parking eye invoice today for one of my work courtesy cars as our customer overstayed in a local retail park. They have addressed it to the name of the company as that is what all the cars are registered in. Am i right in saying that these people can only try to get the driver to pay and not the registered keeper ? and if i give them the name of the driver would it not be a breach of the Data protection Act as i understand that i only have to give the police, congestion charge people and local councils any information.

The only "right" thing to do is ignore them. PE won't do anything more than send a few letters.
  • thenudeone
    thenudeone Posts: 4,462
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    artful280 wrote: »
    and if i give them the name of the driver would it not be a breach of the Data protection Act as i understand that i only have to give the police, congestion charge people and local councils any information.

Excellent point.
    We need the earth for food, water, and shelter.
    The earth needs us for nothing.
    The earth does not belong to us.
    We belong to the Earth
  • sarahg1969
    sarahg1969 Posts: 6,694
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    thenudeone wrote: »
    Excellent point.

Not really. Anyone who can show reasonable cause can ask for the information. The DVLA don't care. They get £2.50 a go.
  • steve1500
    steve1500 Posts: 1,438
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    edited 19 May 2011 at 3:50PM
    and if i give them the name of the driver would it not be a breach of the Data protection Act as i understand that i only have to give the police, congestion charge people and local councils any information.

Anyone requesting information must give thier grounds to the person holding the information. It is up to the holder of the information as to whether they hand it over. If you just hand it over without a care in the world save £3.00 then you could fall foul of the Information Commissioner.(IC)

You wouldn't expect your Doctor to hand over your medical records because the DSS thought you where fiddling?

I would recommend to Smithy that he seriously looks at getting the IC to carry out an assessment of the DVLA - I don't think that it would be hard to prove that the DVLA are selling on our information for a profit depite their protestations and that is naughty
    Private Parking Tickets - Make sure you put your Subject Access Request in after 25th May 2018 - It's free & ask for everything, don't forget the DVLA :D
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,105
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 24 March 2014 at 12:58AM
    OLD THREAD - STOP READING!!

Please wise up and click one click to page one to see CURRENT threads instead which tell you how to appeal and win.

PARKING EYE NOW SUE IGNORERS SO DO NOT IGNORE A PARKING EYE FAKE PCN IN ENGLAND/WALES.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • thenudeone
    thenudeone Posts: 4,462
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    sarahg1969 wrote: »
    Not really. Anyone who can show reasonable cause can ask for the information. The DVLA don't care. They get £2.50 a go.

We weren't talking about the DVLA. We were talking about the information the vehicle keeper had about who was driving.
    If a business keeps a log of drivers (so that if a speeding NIP arrives they know who was driving) then that information is covered by the DPA and must be kept and used only for the purpose for which it was collected, and NOT given to third parties trying to enforce an alleged civil debt.
    We need the earth for food, water, and shelter.
    The earth needs us for nothing.
    The earth does not belong to us.
    We belong to the Earth
  • Sirdan
    Sirdan Posts: 1,323 Forumite
    thenudeone wrote: »
    We weren't talking about the DVLA. We were talking about the information the vehicle keeper had about who was driving.
    If a business keeps a log of drivers (so that if a speeding NIP arrives they know who was driving) then that information is covered by the DPA and must be kept and used only for the purpose for which it was collected, and NOT given to third parties trying to enforce an alleged civil debt.

Would the same apply to hire cars then ,because Enterprise gave my details to APCOA re a private parking charge..oddly even though APCOA then had evidence as to who the driver was (car hired on one driver only basis) they never chased this up ..one letter only ..no follow up from DCA ,Sols etc ..I wonder why ??
  • Sirdan
    Sirdan Posts: 1,323 Forumite
    anyone know how long Small Claims cases usually take to get heard ?? Does it depend on which court ..?

Hopefully Smithy will be back soon to tell us how he got on ..if it were ever real ;)
  • vax2002
    vax2002 Posts: 7,187 Forumite
    Sirdan wrote: »
    anyone know how long Small Claims cases usually take to get heard ?? Does it depend on which court ..?

Hopefully Smithy will be back soon to tell us how he got on ..if it were ever real ;)
    Very similar threads are on other sites, help they are taking me to court, but they never say which court and when.
    My suspicions are these are false threads trying to counter good advice given out here by the scamsters themselves.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure