IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Eye Court Action

Comments

• AlexisV
    AlexisV Posts: 1,890 Forumite
    For God sake woman - use a little thing called Google.
  • Oopsadaisy
    Oopsadaisy Posts: 1,818 Forumite
    It amazes me that people can get a job as a churnalist and can't even do a simple bit of research for an article.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why then you're as thick and stupid as the moderators on here - MSE ForumTeam
  • Is there any update with this case?

I have just received a "parking charge notice" from Parking Eye. It rattled me.

Sadly I think my response was hasty and a bit stupid. See "appeal" as follows:

The ticket is to be paid by 4th May 2011, I have receive the letter 30th April 2011 (possibly delayed due to bank holidays), please can you extend the discount period whilst I appeal my case. Please.

Dear Sir/Madam

I have received a parking charge notice today for £80 (£50 if paid before 4th May) for parking at Forster Square Phase 2 car park on 16th April 2011.

I know this sounds incredibly naive and stupid but I genuinely never noticed any maximum limit parking signs at the retail park. I wrongly assumed as it is a retail park the parking was unlimited.

I'm utterly shocked to receive this parking ticket and upon investigation I realise that there is a limit of 3 hours to this car park because of the proximity of the football ground (I checked online for the parking information). I do not dispute there may be signage at the carpark but I can honestly say I never noticed it. It did not occur to me at all that there were limits here as I have parked here in the past and still not noticed signs.

Be rest assured I will never park here over the stated time again and to be honest i'm extremely worried now at my lack of awareness of the parking i'm nervous about parking anywhere else in case this happens.

I was a genuine shopper on this day, I can provide receipts to prove this. There was no ulterior motive for me parking for longer than is stipulated I simply did not know.

I appeal to you to reduce this charge, it is very expensive for a genuine mistake and I assure you that there was no intention to flout the rules of the car parking there. I absolutely will not make the same mistake again but please re-assess this charge. I accept that you are perfectly within your rights to fix me with a penalty charge but £50 for overstaying by 1 hour is excessive. Please give this consideration.

Kind regards

From reading threads all over this site i think my appeal will go un noticed. I do think its an excessive charge for an overstay of 1 hour. Do I have a case for refusing to pay the charge?

Cheers
    Spellbound
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    spellbound wrote: »

From reading threads all over this site i think my appeal will go un noticed. I do think its an excessive charge for an overstay of 1 hour. Do I have a case for refusing to pay the charge?

Cheers
    Spellbound

Have you read any of the other threads or the stickies above? If you have you will realise that you don't owe them a penny. Don't contact them again and ignore any correspondence you receive from them. It's as simple as that.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • Dont bother with it they use scare tactics knowing that it wont go to court. Think about it if they took every offence to court they wouldnt get anything else done.

Google parkingeye/lep solicitor to read about the woman who won a case against Parking Eye because she received a ticket. She WON and this case will stand for all Parking Eye tickets should they want to overhaul the charge.
  • SodG24
    SodG24 Posts: 1,123 Forumite
    Driver8 wrote: »

So let me get this right - PE claim there is a rule you have to follow to allow you to stay within the terms of their contract but won't tell you what that rule is ?

a) That will NEVER stand up in court

b) It should really show any doubters what a bunch of thieving con artists PE are.
    All aboard the Gus Bus !
  • Kite2010
    Kite2010 Posts: 4,304
    First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker! Car Insurance Carver!
    Forumite
    edited 30 April 2011 at 8:22PM
    The minimum spend is £0.00 :p

Haven't Parking Spy ever heard of people browsing the shops to see what they want to buy when they get paid/ask for when it's their birthdays etc
  • taffy056
    taffy056 Posts: 4,895 Forumite
    Kite2010 wrote: »
    The minimum spend is £0.00 :P

That's right because you could be comparing prices, or you could be having a kitchen or bathroom designed, really its got sod all to do with the PPC what you do there, it's in fact confidential to you and the retailer!
    Excel Parking, MET Parking, Combined Parking Solutions, VP Parking Solutions, ANPR PC Ltd, & Roxburghe Debt Collectors. What do they all have in common?
    They are all or have been suspended from accessing the DVLA database for gross misconduct!
    Do you really need to ask what kind of people run parking companies?
  • spellbound wrote: »
    Is there any update with this case?

I have just received a "parking charge notice" from Parking Eye. It rattled me.

Sadly I think my response was hasty and a bit stupid. See "appeal" as follows:

The ticket is to be paid by 4th May 2011, I have receive the letter 30th April 2011 (possibly delayed due to bank holidays), please can you extend the discount period whilst I appeal my case. Please.

Dear Sir/Madam

I have received a parking charge notice today for £80 (£50 if paid before 4th May) for parking at Forster Square Phase 2 car park on 16th April 2011.

I know this sounds incredibly naive and stupid but I genuinely never noticed any maximum limit parking signs at the retail park. I wrongly assumed as it is a retail park the parking was unlimited.

I'm utterly shocked to receive this parking ticket and upon investigation I realise that there is a limit of 3 hours to this car park because of the proximity of the football ground (I checked online for the parking information). I do not dispute there may be signage at the carpark but I can honestly say I never noticed it. It did not occur to me at all that there were limits here as I have parked here in the past and still not noticed signs.

Be rest assured I will never park here over the stated time again and to be honest i'm extremely worried now at my lack of awareness of the parking i'm nervous about parking anywhere else in case this happens.

I was a genuine shopper on this day, I can provide receipts to prove this. There was no ulterior motive for me parking for longer than is stipulated I simply did not know.

I appeal to you to reduce this charge, it is very expensive for a genuine mistake and I assure you that there was no intention to flout the rules of the car parking there. I absolutely will not make the same mistake again but please re-assess this charge. I accept that you are perfectly within your rights to fix me with a penalty charge but £50 for overstaying by 1 hour is excessive. Please give this consideration.

Kind regards

Cheers
    Spellbound

AAaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrgggggggghhhhh!!!!!!!!!!
    Went shoplifting at the Disneystore today.

Got a huge Buzz out of it.
  • Kite2010
    Kite2010 Posts: 4,304
    First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker! Car Insurance Carver!
    Forumite
    This is a picture of the Parking Eye Appeal's Clerk busy at work
    Drinking-Bird-Simpsons-01.jpg

The question is "reject appeal?"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business