IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Eye Court Action

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,118
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 24 March 2014 at 12:57AM
    OLD THREAD - STOP READING!!

Please wise up and click one click to page one to see CURRENT threads instead which tell you how to appeal and win.

PARKING EYE NOW SUE IGNORERS SO DO NOT IGNORE A PARKING EYE FAKE PCN IN ENGLAND/WALES.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • I come on here to find that somebody has finally found the answer to the £15 riddle and think finally we can get on with properly discussing the case but there is still one person who calls me a 'PPC plant'. O well can't win them all.

The case is ongoing, should know in the next couple of weeks whether we will need to go to court.

Thanks for support and people looking things up for me, much appreicated.
  • Sirdan wrote: »
    I never said he was so I don't need to apologise .

However how genuine this case is still remains to be seen...no one can really judge it pre hearing IMO. (and possibly not even after, Stephen Thomas case has been described as a set-up but it could just as easily be a genuine case where the defendant to the claim is ..er...well...an idiot ...basically.)

Was this suggesting I am an idiot? I am unaware of the Stephen Thomas case. I am not sure whether anyone will believe me even at the end of this lol, so frustrating.
  • Jesthar
    Jesthar Posts: 1,450 Forumite
    smithy2121 wrote: »
    Was this suggesting I am an idiot? I am unaware of the Stephen Thomas case. I am not sure whether anyone will believe me even at the end of this lol, so frustrating.
    No, not you!

Not so hot on the details myself, but I believe the Stephen Thomas court case is the one referred to in so many Private Parking Invoice threat-o-grams in an attempt to convince people that they do routinely take people to court and win. It is widely suspected that the case was a 'put up job' staged by the private parking industry to give them some credibility, as it involved the chap claiming as his defence he didn't know who was driving, then boasting onan internet forum that it was him who was driving (and presumeablky that he was going to get away with it?), which was then used against him in court to destroy his defence.

So either he (not you!) was a big enough idiot to manage to not only post such a statement on the internet during an active court case in the first place, but also to do it in such a way that a) he could be easily identified, and b) the PPC could easily find it. Hence why it's supected to be a a set up case, especially as it is the ONLY case a private parking firm has ever won, I believe.

And it might possibly help explain some of the suspicious stances - PPCs are known to post here in an effort to confuse matters, and as has been said court cases are pretty much unheard of!

You have the benefit of my doubt, though - I've not been reading this forum long enough to get cynical yet ;)

~Jes :)
    Never underestimate the power of the techno-geek... ;)
  • steve1500
    steve1500 Posts: 1,438
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    That's about right re S Thomas. I think it was mentioned somewhere in this thread that the case was to be heard Oldham? Same place as the Thomas case. If I am correct, then one can understand why some people might be a bit sceptic
    Private Parking Tickets - Make sure you put your Subject Access Request in after 25th May 2018 - It's free & ask for everything, don't forget the DVLA :D
  • AlexisV
    AlexisV Posts: 1,890 Forumite
    I think any PPC's will be sitting back and having a bit of a snigger at this thread.

Conspiracy theories abound! Not even got to the stage of locations.
  • real1314
    real1314 Posts: 4,432 Forumite
    Op, which car park was this exactly? There are a few along bloom street, either side of boulton house. There's one close to minshull st/aytoun st, but that's barrier controlled. Another is on the other side of Chorlton St bus station, but that's a NCP car park. :cool:
  • smithy2121
    smithy2121 Posts: 68 Forumite
    Conspiracy theories are great lol somebody mentioned Oldham earlier on but I live nowhere near Oldham, not sure where the nearest court would be but that is where it will be moved to (if it gets that far).

It is the car park out the back of Boulton House across the road, it is barrier controlled now but wasn't then and never had been at the weekend. A guy used to put a cone down until you paid him £5 then moved it to let you out, hence the confusion when he wasn't there.

I have been and taken some photographs of the sign for if I need them.
  • Driver8
    Driver8 Posts: 743 Forumite
    http://www.flintshirechronicle.co.uk/flintshire-news/local-flintshire-news/2011/04/14/chester-retail-park-fines-shoppers-for-not-spending-enough-51352-28516160/

This thread, amongst others, is going to back fire on PE big style.

Just google Parking Eye, after the first three listings this thread comes up amongst others.

They must be losing money hand over fist and i am so glad. I would love to see their faces when they look at this site and other sites warning of their scam.

I still think they are taking no one to court. they know and we know they would lose.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure