IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Eye Court Action

Hi,

I posted this on another page but think it may be sensible to start it as a new thread.

I parked in a car park in October which had just been taken over by Parking Eye. It was on a Sunday and the cost of the car park was £5 for the day. I did not realise I had to pay as I was in a rush and had never had to pay previously on entering the car park. I did the exact same thing 2 weeks later as I had not received any correspondence from Parking Eye and was unaware I could not park for free.

I then received 2 letters from Parking Eye requesting payment of £60 with another £60 on top of this if I did not pay within 14 days. I looked on this website as well as others and was happy to see that nobody ever gets taken to court. The advice on the BBC Watchdog site also backed this up so I ignored the letters. I then received another 4 letters which I was expecting (as explained elsewhere on this site) so did not worry and ignored again.

I have now been sent a court summons from Northampton County Court saying I now owe the amount claimed + court fees and solicitors costs with a response pack. This gives me 5 options:

Admit the amount I owe
Admit part of the amount I owe
Dispute the whole claim
Request 28 days to respond to the claim
Do Nothing

I am as shocked as everybody else and I am still panicking a little, my mum thinks I should just pay it as I do not want to get a CCJ but I want to fight it.

Please can this be taken seriously and somebody give me some real advice? I can give more details if needed and also prove what I have been sent from the court.

Thank you.

Comments

• taffy056
    taffy056 Posts: 4,895 Forumite
    If you had court papers, you need to post here

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showforum=30

They will offer the advice you need, they will need a scan of the court papers, just remove anything that identifies yourself, just register read the FAQs and create a new thread, and post the scan on photobucket and place the link in the thread.
    Excel Parking, MET Parking, Combined Parking Solutions, VP Parking Solutions, ANPR PC Ltd, & Roxburghe Debt Collectors. What do they all have in common?
    They are all or have been suspended from accessing the DVLA database for gross misconduct!
    Do you really need to ask what kind of people run parking companies?
  • smithy2121
    smithy2121 Posts: 68 Forumite
    Thanks mate, I think people on this website need to be careful, as I have read on various occassions that 'Parking Eye do not take people to court' which I now know to be untrue.
  • taffy056
    smithy2121 wrote: »
    Thanks mate, I think people on this website need to be careful, as I have read on various occassions that 'Parking Eye do not take people to court' which I now know to be untrue.

They don't take anyone to court 99.99% of the time, actually this is the first time I have seen someone with court papers from them, I can see you have not provided scans on the thread on pepipoo they will need to see them to help you.
    Excel Parking, MET Parking, Combined Parking Solutions, VP Parking Solutions, ANPR PC Ltd, & Roxburghe Debt Collectors. What do they all have in common?
    They are all or have been suspended from accessing the DVLA database for gross misconduct!
  • smithy2121
    smithy2121 Posts: 68 Forumite
    Just going through that rigorous process now!
  • Driver8
    Driver8 Posts: 743 Forumite
    smithy2121 wrote: »
    Hi,

I posted this on another page but think it may be sensible to start it as a new thread.

I parked in a car park in October which had just been taken over by Parking Eye. It was on a Sunday and the cost of the car park was £5 for the day. I did not realise I had to pay as I was in a rush and had never had to pay previously on entering the car park. I did the exact same thing 2 weeks later as I had not received any correspondence from Parking Eye and was unaware I could not park for free.

Do you have to pay £5 on entering now?

What do you mean that you never received any correspondence from parking eye for parking there two weeks before, were you expecting any ?

mmmmmmmmmm
  • halibut2209
    halibut2209 Posts: 4,248
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Given the number of times you mention your company, I'm still saying troll
    One important thing to remember is that when you get to the end of this sentence, you'll realise it's just my sig.
  • Orford
    Orford Posts: 2,199
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Can you post up PE's exact wording of their Particulars of Claim
  • Driver8, sorry for the confusion there in the explanation. I had parked on this car park many times previously and had never had to pay. PE had only just taken over the car park so I was unaware I needed to pay. (It is pay and display at a machine, there are no barriers or anything to stop you from entering or leaving). I had parked on the car park twice before I received any correspondence from PE telling me of the 'fine'. Hope that clears that one up.

Halibut, You can keep calling me a troll and I will accept your apology once I post the proof on a website which has actually realised this is serious and on which I have been given sound advice and not been given dogs abuse.

Orford, I am posting it all now on Pepipoo forums.
  • Could somebody please post the link to the forum on pepipoo so certain individuals can issue me with an apology if they have any conscience?

Thanks
  • taffy056
    Well thread link on pepipoo for this with scanned copy of the court papers, can I just say that you are not being abused on here, your first post appeared to be troll like, and your subsequent posts contradict that one, sorry it's a fundamental change

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=60343
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure