IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Eye Court Action

Comments

• It's very easy to contact the defendant. His facebook and twitter accounts are very easy to find, as is his blog.

Anything mentioned on those?
  • Twitter says "On way to court. Oh dead" on tuesday morning. Couple of tweets since then, but nothing about this case.

Nothing on the blog

And I can't find his facebook now!
    One important thing to remember is that when you get to the end of this sentence, you'll realise it's just my sig.
  • I was wondering what was going on with all the post so I logged in and user ElvisTheKing has sent me the following by PM:

CLAIM NO: 1XJ81956

IN THE CLERKENWELL AND
    SHOREDITCH COUNTY COURT

ON 22nd November 2011

B E T W E E N:-
    PARKINGEYE LIMITED
    Claimant
    -v-
    MR MOAZEEM HOSSAIN
    Defendant

Simply put ParkingEye WON the case, the Judge awarded the following:

Amount. £490:00 (relating to 5 unpaid parking charges)
    Costs. £2048:00
    Interest. £21:41

Total Amount: £2,559.41

At least could have made it realistic! One week to go until the real court case, looking forward to it!
  • Sirdan
    Sirdan Posts: 1,323 Forumite
    smithy2121 wrote: »
    I was wondering what was going on with all the post so I logged in and user ElvisTheKing has sent me the following by PM:

CLAIM NO: 1XJ81956

IN THE CLERKENWELL AND
    SHOREDITCH COUNTY COURT

ON 22nd November 2011

B E T W E E N:-
    PARKINGEYE LIMITED
    Claimant
    -v-
    MR MOAZEEM HOSSAIN
    Defendant

Simply put ParkingEye WON the case, the Judge awarded the following:

Amount. £490:00 (relating to 5 unpaid parking charges)
    Costs. £2048:00
    Interest. £21:41

Total Amount: £2,559.41

At least could have made it realistic! One week to go until the real court case, looking forward to it!

@Smithy READ THIS post on Pepipoo..
    Well, the defendant certainly turned up for the hearing (so the troll wasn't blowing smoke on that, albeit she/he is wrong about Alexis's involvement). I had an e-mail back from the Clerkenwell and Shoreditch County Court this morning saying:-

"According to our cause list, the defendant attended in person and the claimant was represented by counsel.

Yours faithfully

Clerkenwell & Shoreditch County Court"

I've sent an e-mail back asking if the cause list reveals the name of the barrister who attended for Parking Eye.

Link post #32

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=63280&st=20&start=20
  • Interesting how from beginning to end that whole case took from July to almost exactly a week before my case.

Mine has been going on since November 2010 and would never had any chance of being completed in 4 months. I trust that this county court might be less busy than Manchester county court, but 4 months is still one hell of a quick turnaround. Interesting how he ignored the advice from Pepipoo and then did not give any extra information until he 'lost the case'.

Put it this way, if I lose I will be giving a lot more information than what has been given by the defendant in that case.

No wonder people thought I was a troll...!
  • esmerobbo
    esmerobbo Posts: 4,979
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    smithy2121 wrote: »
    Interesting how from beginning to end that whole case took from July to almost exactly a week before my case.

Mine has been going on since November 2010 and would never had any chance of being completed in 4 months. I trust that this county court might be less busy than Manchester county court, but 4 months is still one hell of a quick turnaround. Interesting how he ignored the advice from Pepipoo and then did not give any extra information until he 'lost the case'.

Put it this way, if I lose I will be giving a lot more information than what has been given by the defendant in that case.

No wonder people thought I was a troll...!

You should be honored Smithy you and him seem to be Pannones chosen two!
    Lets hope you make it 1 -1.

Still surprised why a firm like Pannones are bothering with these parasites. Do they really want to be thought of in the same light as Graham White and the like.
  • You guys will love this...

I have just received a letter from Pannone emailed to me suggesting I have received some evidence dated 17th November (which I haven't) and that now they have won this other case I should know that they will be able to add extra charges on etc for me ignoring them (which I have never done). They have suggested again I should pay up now but have added an extra £45 on and given me the chance to pay it in stages rather than 1 lump sum, which is nice of them! Interesting how they waited to see I had read this forum before they sent that email..
  • Trebor16
    Trebor16 Posts: 3,061 Forumite
    I'm sure the judge will be very interested to hear how Pannones are trying to claim that another county court case is setting a precedent, in what is an obvious attempt to intimidate you.
    "You should know not to believe everything in media & polls by now !"

John539 2-12-14 Post 15030
  • My thoughts exactly. The language use is extremely intimidating. Sent a copy to Alexis to look over.
  • ripped_off_driver
    ripped_off_driver Posts: 453 Forumite
    edited 24 November 2011 at 7:04PM
    This "approach" needs to be reported to the court asap. It is completely unacceptable for one side in an ongoing court case to contact the other in an intimidatory fashion as they have done. The court will most certainly have something to say of this when you inform them as you must. Especially when the party making the intimidatory approach is a firm of solicitors and the other party is a litigant in person.

Pannone, if you are reading this which you clearly are, then you must realise that this was a very dumb act. Surely you are aware that each case in the county court turns on its own facts and no decision sets a precedent for any other case. if you have sought to misrepresent this as appears the case then you have to hope for a very understanding judge.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure