Can I use my mobile credit to buy things?

toskdc
toskdc Posts: 53 Forumite
Every month I pay £10 into my top-up account. For that, I get a bunch of free texts and calls. So every month I have a load of money that I don't use sitting in my phone fund. I was just wondering if there was a website where I could buy things using my phone's call credit. Save me either stacking up cash or letting my free texts go to waste.I mean things like dvds or cds. Physical things rather than ringtones and screensavers

Any help?
My Laptop
1.7ghz Celeron
256MB Ram
Linux Mint & Openbox

Grossly outperforming Windows XP netbook with 1.6ghz Atom & 1gb Ram - Priceless

Comments

• grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 8 March 2011 at 1:55PM
    You can use it to place bets: http://betnow.co.uk/
    Some bets will lose, some win. Use shorter odds to make winnings smaller, but more likely. If you win, the return (including your stake paid by a text) is real withdrawable cash.
    Learn Matched Betting (See GIOL board) if you want to lock into about 80% guaranteed return each time you place a bet.
  • Stuart_W
    Stuart_W Posts: 1,731 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 8 March 2011 at 7:08PM
    Try this -

https://www.onebip.com

Turns it into cash (about a 40% reduction due to fees/charges) but still, it's cash.

another option, if applicable, is see if your network will offer to transfer the credit to a pay monthly account if you offer to go to a SIMonly pay monthly tariff - might mean your credit can pay for the next year of calls and texts - then move back to PAYG when credit is used up.
  • mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    Stuart_W wrote: »
    Try this -

www.onebip.com

Turns it into cash (about a 40% reduction due to fees/charges) but still, it's cash.

another option, if applicable, is see if your network will offer to transfer the credit to a pay monthly account if you offer to go to a SIMonly pay monthly tariff - might mean your credit can pay for the next year of calls and texts - then move back to PAYG when credit is used up.

Having read that before recently I called onebip; according to them, they don't!
  • KEM
    KEM Posts: 212 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Why don't you just not top up for a few months and use your accumulated balance to pay for texts and calls?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure