What small DFW things will you do this week. W/c 17th April

Comments

• Lottebear
    Lottebear Posts: 794 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Lottebear wrote: »
    Hello All,

Today I have;

- Revisited budget for the rest of the month.
    - Done top up shop, we have ended up out sync with bank holidays and going way, but got enough to the end of the week for work lunches and dinners.
    - Been out to a local attraction doing a £1 day, fun and cheap too.
    -Returned ebay hat, purchased for a wedding but it was very poor quality. - Bonus full refund and no need to return it, not that is much use.
    -Cleaned the house, ready for the week ahead.

- Made a great dinner with enough left over for tomorrow so moved internet shop until next week :beer:
  • Kittenkirst
    Kittenkirst Posts: 2,563 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 18 April 2017 at 9:14PM
    Hi all, I often read these weekly threads but rarely post.
    Today was almost a NSD but bought two small teddies for our new kittens. They are already snuggling them when they go to sleep so I think a good few pennies spent.

-Brunch from food we have in: potato scones with a fried egg, then a toasted hot cross bun. Dinner was using up leftover roast lamb from Easter weekend- lamb saut!ed in harissa with onions, cherry tomatoes served on homemade houmous with a warmed wrap and carrot salad on the side.

-early morning gym session completed so have got 12,000 steps in and using my membership to the fullest.

-Opened a new regular saver today and stashed some pennies in there, also swept money from my current account to savings to prevent mindless frittering away.

-Washing done and put outside on the airer to take advantage of the sunshine, and meter reads submitted and credit requested back from gas/elec supplier (credit is £150 so requested £100 refund)

-Yougov survey completed for 50p and 85p earned one poll, also checked free postcode lottery but no win, boo! :)
    First home- Oct’16 until June’21: £170.995- Overpayments made £13,784 (25% extra!).
    New forever home- Sep’21 £309,449 @ 2.05%. Plan to clear it before 30 years!!!!!!
  • YORKSHIRELASS
    YORKSHIRELASS Posts: 6,295 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Hi all

Thanks for the kind words, that's why I am here, you are a great bunch. Much better day today, just keep reminding myself of the good stuff. And job no. 2 makes a huge difference to our finances so for now I just have to get on with it.

LaE we moved here just because the area was cheap. It is lovely but very remote with no public transport which is hard for the teens. I would move to somewhere more central in a flash but it makes no financial sense at the moment and I cant face the hassle of moving.

Off at 6.45am this morning to go to the gym before work, 2 lots of paid stuff, kitchen cleaned, jambalaya made with bits out of the fridge, scones made because DH is low on extras for his pack up tomorrow. Have taken some meat out for tomorrow nights tea, will chuck it in the sc in the morning.

Bed now. I am with you all when the dfw wagon starts rolling tomorrow x
  • Morning :) boo to going to work! And today I am working the additional day so I have to travel for an hour to a different borough, battle the decisions the LA are making. Sometimes it seems like such a grind doing my job :(

Planning on visiting dd after work as I am working in her area. Be good to see how she is as I've been worrying about her

Madam is going to mil's so that £35 saved. I need to contact the cm as I noticed she hasn't deducted the bh off of the invoice so that is another £35 saved :D (obviously this will come after the awkward conversation!)

Because I'm doing ot out of area I don't have to leave until 9 and from then am on the clock :) (same coming back will finish at 4 but due to travel will put 9-5 on timesheet :)) Will also get approx £25 in expenses for travel which should cover my petrol for the whole week :D

put washing out on line & put some seedlings in the greenhouse to start hardening them o

grab food & drinks to take with me

Busy night tonight as today is the actual day I will do my personal statement for my ma. For some reason there is something holding me back, I guess it's the fear of not being able to do it....

Going to speak to oh as would like to go to the lottie after I get back for an hour :D

read newsletter

Ok I better get cracking! Happy hump day guys x
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • Happy_Kitties
    Happy_Kitties Posts: 1,614 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Well I made a tiny dent in Mount ironing Everest yesterday but it did feel good,if I can just conquer the rest now before it collapses everywhere I will be very happy.my DD has forgotten what clothes she actually owns :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Just one meeting today and then the rest of the day is mine. DD and myself went along to a meeting yesterday evening and did cheat on the way home, eating Maccies (treat budget well and truly over this month)while driving around looking for the cat. She will have been missing 3 weeks today. You're lucky to find a cat full stop, so it's turned into a cat spotting game. Have found one cat 3 different times, I'm sure it glares at me everytime I spot it. It doesn't seem impressed with me at all
    I'm glad that your cat is OK FVD. Costly little blighters, but so worth it and I'm glad it was nothing more serious.
    LaE brilliant about ur credit card and an amazing amount paid to debts this year.
    I love it when I hear people achieving success on their debt free journey, it keeps me focused.
    BB be kind to yourself. I'm not surprised that u are not sleeping alot, ur family have just been through a very traumatic event.
    DNMS great news about madam getting into first choice school, the years go so quickly. I remember someone saying wait till they get to secondary school, it does go even faster and they were right.
    Managed to get washing out yesterday and more planned to go on the line today.
    Just about to do the cat cleaning stuff
    Run hoover over and mop floor.
    Squeeze in last night's Holby City episode.

Have a good day everyone x
    Decluttering challenge 2023🏅⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 
    Decluttering challenge 2024 🏅⭐️
  • Well I made a tiny dent in Mount ironing Everest yesterday but it did feel good,if I can just conquer the rest now before it collapses everywhere I will be very happy.my DD has forgotten what clothes she actually owns :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Just one meeting today and then the rest of the day is mine. DD and myself went along to a meeting yesterday evening and did cheat on the way home, eating Maccies (treat budget well and truly over this month)while driving around looking for the cat. She will have been missing 3 weeks today. You're lucky to find a cat full stop, so it's turned into a cat spotting game. Have found one cat 3 different times, I'm sure it glares at me everytime I spot it. It doesn't seem impressed with me at all
    I'm glad that your cat is OK FVD. Costly little blighters, but so worth it and I'm glad it was nothing more serious.
    LaE brilliant about ur credit card and an amazing amount paid to debts this year.
    I love it when I hear people achieving success on their debt free journey, it keeps me focused.
    BB be kind to yourself. I'm not surprised that u are not sleeping alot, ur family have just been through a very traumatic event.
    DNMS great news about madam getting into first choice school, the years go so quickly. I remember someone saying wait till they get to secondary school, it does go even faster and they were right.
    Managed to get washing out yesterday and more planned to go on the line today.
    Just about to do the cat cleaning stuff
    Run hoover over and mop floor.
    Squeeze in last night's Holby City episode.

Have a good day everyone x

you wait until they have moved out and have their own lives HK! It's like the time when we were all a family unit belongs to someone else, and in a way it does. I miss when it was just me and my 2 kids facing the world together....
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Morning all, and hello kittenkirst

I'm awake early to get DS up for his apprenticeship he's up and getting ready so fingers crossed something comes of it!

I went to sleep earlyish last night so feel a bit more human than I did yesterday, the first day back is always harder after a break :(

I have some YS broccoli and Stilton soup in the freezer that I can take in for lunch today, a little anti social but needs must!

Tonight I need to print and make up the order of service that I am doing for my mum's friend, I'm just waiting on the final bit of info which is due today. I can then drop them to my mum's tomorrow evening so they have them in good time.

Still have a mountain of clothes to sort and iron and/or put away, it's my least favourite job. There's also a mountain of washing up been brought out of the teens room which they assured me they would wash up themselves but DSGF has cut her hand so it's bandaged and DS won't be here. I'll sort it and put some in to soak before I leave for work which will at least alleviate the need for a chisel.

Have a good day everyone :)
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • Twins
    Twins Posts: 346 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Good Morning everyone, :hello:

Happy Hump day as they say! Feeling pretty fed up today as discovered yesterday that my boiler had started to leak. All this after British Gas were here less than a month ago to repair several other problems with it and it took them 3 weeks to sort out! :mad: I've had to pay the £60 call out charge again but that will will be nothing in comparison to a new boiler as mine is 16 years old and I'm worried they'll say they can no longer fix it! Fingers crossed for later when the engineer is due to arrive.

Apart from that another WFH day today so:

- All meals from cupboards and intend on a NSD today
    - Will complete surveys and Swagbucks
    - Run the hoover around downstairs at some point

Think that's all I'll have time for today.

Have a good day everyone
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,440 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 19 April 2017 at 5:57PM
    Morning all :)
    Today's plans:
    Dog walks
    Remove fleece from fruit trees in flower to allow access to bees etc. Must put it back tonight again though :(
    Unload car which is still full of stuff bought back from my sales unit yesterday
    Shift some boxes of stock from garage so I can tidy it up a bit. The boxes can go back up to the spare bedroom, as DS seems to have left now (though most of his stuff hasn't)
    Load of washing, dry on line outside
    Cleaning upstairs, didn't do this yesterday
    Put away stuff from our weekend away
    Need to do a shop, I have put it off till now but must do it today
    Find and pack an ebay item
    Take 2 parcels to post office
    List at least one new item!
    Check banks
    Check for surveys
    Make soup with lurking parsnips
    Sausage and veg roast for dinner tonight :)

If I get all that done it will be a miracle :rotfl:
  • crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Morning all :coffee: :hello:
    Just enjoying my second cuppa of the day and trying to pull myself round a bit ready to face the day ahead. I am going to see one of my best friends which I'm really excited about - she hasn't been very well lately so I want to see her for myself to make sure she's ok.
    It won't be a nsd but am hoping for a lsd - just a few bits to take to my friend's with us.
    Other than that...
    Minimal housework
    Mark 4 pieces of schoolwork
    Spend a lovely day catching up with friend
    Try not to stress

Twins - sorry to hear about your boiler. I had to have mine looked at a couple of months ago and was told it was approaching the end of its life (it's 8)...
    FvD - so pleased that the cat is ok
    DNMS - fantastic news on the school place :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family