Anyone took 'Help Link' boiler deal?

Comments

• I am trying to find the name/email address of the MD of Helplink, or contact details for their complaints department, I have tried googling but cannot find the details I need. Thanks
  • You are also tied in to pay them "Service" costs each year, whereas your £15 a month cover charge to British Gas or whoever will include this.
  • I am thinking of getting a new boiler and have been put off by help link.
    Has anyone heard of pay as you glow?
    payasyouglow.co.uk

Any ideas?
  • You do not have to pay over 10 years, or even 3, 4 or 5 years to get the full 10 years parts and labour warranty (backed by the manufacture), all you need do is have the boiler serviced by ANY GAS SAFE REGISTERED ENGINEER and keep the certificates.

If you have it on finance and move house, just pay it off. If you do move house, the remainder of the warranty will continue on with the new owners.

Hope hat helps.
  • Kayak10
    Kayak10 Posts: 209 Forumite
    macca1970 wrote: »
    Ive just used help link and glad i did. I used a local plumber to fit my last boiler, i only got a 2 year manufacturers so the money i paid him was just for the work he did, and a year after the boiler came out of warranty the boiler was condemned!!! got help link because of the 10 year manufacturers warranty confirmed by worcester bosch themselves (and its transferable to whoever buys my house if i move). Got it over 10 year finance because i just dont have the money to pay AGAIN in full to a local plumber but can pay it off in full at anytime or big bits of it at a time so i'll pay less interest. and on top of all this worcester bosch recommend them so im not only happy now ive got a boiler but also massive peace of mind. :-)
    I realise it is probably to late But for future reference I suggest you look up the laws on fit for purpose Unless it was your fault the boiler failed your entitled to upto Six years use So you should have taken it up with the supplier or manufacture as it should have been repaired or replaced If it was an installation fault May be you can look at the small claims court against the fitter ?
  • southcoastrgi
    southcoastrgi Posts: 6,298
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Kayak10 wrote: »
    I realise it is probably to late But for future reference I suggest you look up the laws on fit for purpose Unless it was your fault the boiler failed your entitled to upto Six years use So you should have taken it up with the supplier or manufacture as it should have been repaired or replaced If it was an installation fault May be you can look at the small claims court against the fitter ?

I doubt you will get anywhere with this, as it will just be put down to a poorly maintained system (scale/sludge) which is the customers responsibility not the installer or the manu
    I'm only here while I wait for Corrie to start.

You get no BS from me & if I think you are wrong I WILL tell you.
  • Kayak10
    Kayak10 Posts: 209 Forumite
    I doubt you will get anywhere with this, as it will just be put down to a poorly maintained system (scale/sludge) which is the customers responsibility not the installer or the manu

Hi Southcostrgi
    I agree and if you read my comment I DID say unless it was his fault
    BUT after 2 years unlikely to be scale unless in VERY hard water area AND if sludge and the two year old boiler was attached to an old system Surely the fitter should have flushed the system and put a scale inhibiter in system as I'm sure IF your a gas engineer your would have done that as any engineer worth his salt would have :D
    So I suggest even if it was down to those things I still feel he would have had a claim against the fitter and if none of the above I'm certain he would have had a claim against the manufacture of the boiler
    Be interested if Martin would comment ???
  • southcoastrgi
    southcoastrgi Posts: 6,298
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Kayak10 wrote: »
    Hi Southcostrgi
    I agree and if you read my comment I DID say unless it was his fault
    BUT after 2 years unlikely to be scale unless in VERY hard water area AND if sludge and the two year old boiler was attached to an old system Surely the fitter should have flushed the system and put a scale inhibiter in system as I'm sure IF your a gas engineer your would have done that as any engineer worth his salt would have :D
    So I suggest even if it was down to those things I still feel he would have had a claim against the fitter and if none of the above I'm certain he would have had a claim against the manufacture of the boiler
    Be interested if Martin would comment ???

a boiler can scale after alot less than 2 yrs (just look at your kettle), yes the system must be flushed & an inhibitor added, however this works in the same way as an mot on your car (only valid on the day of the test/install), what happens if after a week the customer drains the heating to remove a rad & doesn't add more inhibitor, then if the boiler sludges up how can this be down to the installer or the manu, so like i said if the system isn't maintained then the warrentee either from the installer or the boiler manu is null & void.

As Martin has sold the site (& is only the face of it) I doubt very much if he is going to comment
    I'm only here while I wait for Corrie to start.

You get no BS from me & if I think you are wrong I WILL tell you.
  • The worst company I have ever has the misfortune to deal with. Took them 3 days to do a simple boiler swap (job was initially scheduled for 1 day!). Within 2 weeks of the new boiler being fitted I had a massive leak from the boiler which ran down into my stairs and ruined my stair carpet. Helplink very rudely disputed that I had carpet on my stairs (!) and I had to fight for them replace my carpet. They fitted a radiator so close to a bedroom door that I can no longer shut the door. A thermostat on one radiator was placed so close the the pipes that I cannot turn it without burning my fingers. I also have other problems but I don't have time to outline them all right now. All I can say is avoid this company, almost 2 years after fitting I am still waiting for them to rectify a number of problems and I have just found out that there is a another leak which is resulting in pressure loss on a daily basis, and the plaster on my walls is starting to fall off where the leaking water is coming through. COWBOYS!!!!!!! DO NOT GIVE THIS COMPANY A PENNY OF YOUR HARD EARNED CASH. THEY HAVE RUINED MY HOUSE!!!!!!!!.
  • we made the big mistake of using help link, its one i will regret for the next ten years. the salesman was very nice till things went wrong then he could not care less.
    they turned up to fit the boiler on time, they told my son the condensing pipe did not have to go outside it could go into the toilet drain. in doing this they broke the toilet, they put holes in two cabinets that looked like they had been hit with a hammer. and when refitting the units left a gap all way round the wall, we later found that he had screwed the top back were it was but had pulled the unit off the wall. all the stuff he had taken out of the units were left on the floor and the floor was filthy. this is not how i was told it would be fit had i known we could have take the stuff out before he got there. he told my son he had broken the flush and said get it mended and i will pay for it. that left me three days without a loo while i ordered parts. the unit that was wrecked could not be replaced with the same one so now i have to buy all new including the bath front if i want them to match. where he put the boiler covered the timer control so if anything goes wrong with it the boiler will have to be removed to get at it. i rang the salesman he did not want to know told me to contact the office. three times i phoned the company and three times i was told they would ring me back four days later there was a call on my answer machine asking me to contact them i did and was told someone would ring me back "still waiting". four emails i sent to them and im still waiting for one reply. we did eventually get a guy to come and look at the mess. he told us they would send someone to sort out the control unit "still waiting" he said they would send the guy back to fix the toilet i refused to have him back and said i would fix it myself and they could pay for the part. im still waiting to be paid for the part for and waiting to hear what they are going to do about the units, i have even told them if they can find a unit that is close i will accept that but again nothing. this has been going on months, they do not care, the guy who came to see the mess admitted that customer care after sales was not as good as it should have been "stay as far away from them as you can"
    i have always believed that with time and talking things can be sorted out this company have proved me wrong, if i had the money to sue them i would.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure