Eager Elephant's Effective Everyday Excursion ...

Options

Comments

• pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Morning EE, sorry to here about the router blowing up :eek:.

Gosh you are amazing fitting all that in and not having a meltdown, as for men and mess i'm sure they are programmed not to see it, even when they are stepping over it, its amazing how many time my DH can step over stuff that I have left at the bottom of the stairs to go up stairs.

Hope you have a better day today and take care.x.
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
  • debtfreewannabe321
    Options
    Totally agree with Penny. Men seem to be programmed to ignore mess, dust, dirt (unless its in their car eh!) I hope you sort out the router problem. I've never paid for one always got it from my supplier? Didn't even realise you could buy them :o !

It's lovely and sunny here today after yesterday's weather :o I've got my washing out and it's the perfect weather for drying it :)
    MFW #17
    EF- £55.75/300 ~ NSD 0/15 ~ FOOD & TOILETRIES BUDGET 0/£500 ~ MOP- 0/50
    MORTGAGE BALANCE JAN 1st £99224.13 ~~~ MAY 1st £
  • Alice_in_Poorland
    Options
    I hope you get the router sorted too.

I don't know what it is about men either. I often think my OH is very clever, he never seems to stress, doesn't worry and just plods along doing his own thing. Men!!

Keep your chin up. xx
    DMP with CCCS started Jan12 £34,906 Jan13 £31,893 Jan14 £26,836 Jan15 £21,894 Jan16 £16,839 Jan17 £14,415 Jan19 £12,938ish Jan19 £9,649 Jan20 £6612 Feb 21 0 Self managed from Jan'17
    Jan 18- Bcard1 £0,Bcard2(PRA) £0,C@ptl £0,Ybank,£0,Virgin/MBNA £0,YB1 £0,S@ntader £0,Bcard loan £0,
    DFD - [STRIKE]Jan 2027[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]Nov 2018 [/STRIKE][STRIKE]Jan 2019[/STRIKE] - DFD 28 Feb 2021
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,270 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    In some ways I am glad I am on my own now as it is my debt & my problem to fix IYSWIM?
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hi EE:wave:
    Have just popped in to say hi! Blimey you've been busy. It never stops does it? Hope OH gets some work that doesn't make him too stressed soon. I suspect he could get much more than £280 PM even working just say 3 days a week..the problem will be the downtime. Not sure many people want handyman help (even ones in a dhoti and glasses !:rotfl:) say at Christmas. But if you can smooth it out, cash flow wise, sounds like a plan.

Best of luck and have a good day :)
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • Eager_Elephant
    Options
    Hi Brizzle :wave:

Thanks for popping in.

Unfortunately it never stops but the general gist of my diary is moaning about DH, moaning about money and a little bit of positivity and debt busting:rotfl:
  • Eager_Elephant
    Options
    RANT ALERT
    (ignore if you are as fed up of I am with moans about my DH:rotfl:)
    Yesterday I told DH that DS was going to a party which he had previously been told he could not go to (the last time he went to a party he made me wait 30 mins as I forgot my phone to text that I had arrived and he did not think to wait outside plus I am worn my PJ's to get him:mad:).

Well last night I got in and he was in the foulest mood ever and was sulking all night - he even refused to go to acupuncture (but did go in the end). He ranted on all night about it - you thought I had had an affair :mad:

I told him that it was not worth the stress and he would regret it today as he would have a bad head - he said he wouldn't.

Well lo and behold today he has had a bad head and has been in bed most of the day :mad: (luckily the kids have looked after themselves).

But this morning he apologised and said he realised how daft he had been but of course that doesn't get rid of the head ache.

So I have got home today and DS has not washed up or done his home work but DH did manage to do 2 loads of washing but he put them in the tumble dryer when he could have got yesterdays washing in and put today's out :mad:

I know I would be moaning if he had not done any but he has wasted electric that we can't afford.

Plus I have got home from work and had to cook tea and take water up to the field and then I have to run DD's to my mum's. (DH is in bed!!)

I hate my life at the moment - I just want to get off the train :(

I would love to have a good cry but this blinking Agnus Castus stops all emotion like that.

Ignore me and I will feel better tomorrow (DH has work so he can't nark me by not doing things to my expectations:rotfl:)
  • Piquant_2
    Piquant_2 Posts: 5,769 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper Mortgage-free Glee! Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    You poor love, you really do put up with a lot and, I, for one, really appreciate you. You have time and advise for those of us on here who have got our knickers in a proverbial twist. You have ready and detailed information for those who are confused about benefits and all the rigmarole that goes with them. And you often have a funny story to raise a smile on a dull day.

One day this will all be behind you and the sun will shine on you again.

Piq x
    Total debt at October 2008: £67,213.30
    Total debt today: £0
    - debt and mortgage free 29th November 2013 :T
    Sealed Pot Challenge member 14
    Save £12K in 2014 - £6,521.90/£6K member 138

• Eager_Elephant
    Options
    Bless you Piq:A

You are busy with moving but still have the time to come and read my diary and say lovely things about me :p

Unfortunately this is the only place I can have a moan :( - I think I said before that my closest friend does not want anything to do with my DH due to everything that has gone on so we don't mention him at all when we meet up and I know that she is just wondering why I have not left.
    I would never dream of telling my family or work colleagues about our issues so that just leaves the forum.

Then I think how sad I am that I have no other friends to talk to but then to be honest I would not be telling people I have just met what my DH is like.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,270 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    But as you say you have your MSE mates which is good.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure