No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries June 2017

Comments

• pinkfluffybabe
    pinkfluffybabe Posts: 2,983
    Name Dropper Academoney Grad First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Second IN of June:

John Masters Scalp shampoo. Really liked this so treated myself to a bottle!
    Not buying unnecessary toiletries 2024 9/53 UU, 3 IN
  • Had 3 UU all at once last night:

Dove Daily Moisture Shampoo WBA. This is left over from my holiday last month, I only bought it as it was the cheapest one in Boots but i did quite like it. I would buy again if it was cheap.

Waitrose Wild Fig and Sandalwood Bath Foam WDBA. I love anything with sandalwood and i like the Waitrose bubble baths. Surprisingly cheap and lots of bubbles!

The Body Shop Vineyard Shower Gel WNBA.I really love the Body Shop shower gels but the scent in this one was a little fake for me. I've got a Mango one in stash so will see how i get on with that soon.

And my naughty ins:

Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess Summer Lip Glow in Sun Blush Its absolutely beautiful, i'm a sucker for rose gold packaging, but it's also a beautiful colour and i did research it.... It's also limited edition and sold out where i bought it from so that's my defence!

Benefit They're Real Tinted Lash Primer (mini) I bought this to get free delivery, but i have a friend who swears by this and i had wanted this for a while.
  • mad_scientist
    mad_scientist Posts: 399 Forumite
    Hello, hope everyone's doing well?

My first UU for June :j

1. Manuka Doctor Apinourish rejuvenating face mask - WNBA, this was an old sample sachet, got 3 uses from the sachet but the mask stung my skin a bit (maybe from all the honey bees!)

2. Garnier Aqua Defense Cleansing Foam - WNBA, nothing special just a standard foaming face wash

3. Max Factor Facefinity Compact in Ivory - WBA, my HG for easy work day makeup, no need for separate foundation and powder. I do have another in the stash but am going to save it for now as I have 3 pressed powders which have all hit pan to UU first!

4. A kind of UU/TA - the lid came off my hand sanitiser gel in my handbag and it all evaporated! Replaced with another from my stash.

Wishing everyone a great weekend!
    No more buying unnecessary toiletries 2018
    35 UU / 13 unnecessary ins
  • Hermia
    Hermia Posts: 4,473
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    UU Tony & Guy Cleanse detox shampoo - WBA.

TA two Atlas Silks hand creams (I think I got these in a gift set). They are horrible. They did not moisturise my hands at all. They also really upset some sensitive areas on my hands due to the fact that they are so highly scented. I did not attempt to use these up as foot cream for this reason.
  • sstevo19
    sstevo19 Posts: 1,491
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    One UU from this morning:

Impulse True Love 35ml WDBA. Lovely scent.

And five INs to declare:
    La Roche Posay Hydreane Legere moisturiser x 2
    La Roche Posay Toleriane moisturiser
    Caudalie Rose De Vigne shower gel
    Lierac Blemish Correction Regulation Gel sample

I stocked up on my current moisturiser whilst I still can, and I got another to try. Hopefully, these will be my last INs for this month.
  • asajj
    asajj Posts: 5,123
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    Forumite

Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess Summer Lip Glow in Sun Blush Its absolutely beautiful, i'm a sucker for rose gold packaging, but it's also a beautiful colour and i did research it.... It's also limited edition and sold out where i bought it from so that's my defence!

This looks amazing. I should hunt for one maybe :p

No UUs yet for me. :cool:
    ally.
  • Hello everyone, nice to see lots of progress!

Had a few weeks away, meant to take some travel sizes with me to UU but forgot . . . guess if I'm not even using travel sizes for travelling then I might as well just UU at home.

One UU so far: Body shop coconut body butter. Used to be my HG but this particular tub had annoying little lumpy bits (presumably bits of coconut) in it - WNBA. Replaced with an Avon body butter which smells like cleaning fluid!

Everything seems to be taking ages to use at the moment! Will be working on travel size shower gels and hand creams (from advent calendar) this month.
  • asajj
    asajj Posts: 5,123
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    Forumite
    I have a UU. Murad Instant Radiance Eye Cream deluxe sample.
    This was a 3.5 ml sample and the consistency is thick. I got good use out of it. It is also "environmental shield" and rich with vitamin C. It claims to brighten/minimise dark circles and improves the appearance of wrinkles. I have neither currently.
    This did sting on the first use but I think it might have been some other products causing this.

WMBA one day.
    ally.
  • Houseplant26
    Houseplant26 Posts: 473
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hi everyone,

To those with colds - I think I have one too! OR it is bad hay fever as a lot of people around me have been complaining of epic hay fever.

I have a couple of UUs and two ins (but one was a gift)

UU
    Living proof healthy hair conditioner WMBA - first few times I used this I really really loved it, and after a break using something else I used up the last of it and liked the results again. However in between I did have some issues with kind of frizzy patches in hair. On the whole it felt thicker and healthier as promised, but sometimes felt weird. This experienced echoed reviews I have read. Still on the hunt for a HG thickening shampoo and conditioner!

Karma bubble bar - WBA liked the colour water went, liked the smell, and got two good uses out of it.

Ins
    Nip Fab extreme glycolic pads - recommended by CH and were on offer. Had no acid toners so thought I'd try a cheaper option and so far glad I have!
    Butterball bath bomb - was a gift but love these!
  • sstevo19
    sstevo19 Posts: 1,491
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    One last IN for the month, hopefully:

Paula's Choice Resist Perfectly Balanced Foaming Cleanser I got this for £10 off someone, it's brand new, never been opened. It's £21 from the website, and I'm only going to be using this on the days when I'm off work and when I'm a bit more oily.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure