overwhelmed new member

Options

Comments

• vasseur
    vasseur Posts: 3,090 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Coco114 wrote: »
    Omg Poles !!!! Debt Free !! That's amazing :):):):)

It's a strange feeling I must admit. It's also a bit scary, now I just don't want to touch my money:rotfl:. When I was in debt I always used to think 'oh what's another twenty quid on the overdraft' and I'd just spend but now I want to stay in credit it's actually quite hard being so restrained. I think it will take a few months to level itself out as xmas cropping up unexpectedly like it always does haha has made things a bit more complicated.:D
    It's not how far you fall - it's how high you bounce back.... :j
    Happiness is not a destination - it's a journey :)
  • Coco114
    Coco114 Posts: 770 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hey Sista :j
    Yep it's going to be a good one :)

Christmas is always tough for me as my close family live in Oz and I miss them terribly so I always kind of dread it. But not this year - I am looking forward to it !!!!!
    2011 was the worst year of my life.
    2012 was ok - I have coped with a lot
    2013 is going to be great :T

I have my Christmas music on this morning (and still my pjs :D) it's going to be another home day as we are due to be battered by yet more storms and floods ...... In fact if it keeps up - I will need to start a savings fund for a boat :D

Must ............ Do ............Housework ,........
    The final chapter - £4893 to go out of £30K
  • Coco114
    Options
    Well the week is speeding along :)

Nothing exciting to report really - never seem to get a minute to myself !! Was planning on a run tonight but didn't quite get to it somehow :) have made my Christmas food shop list , really kept it down this year :T
    Will book it online next week and get it delivered - I think it's best because it's the one shop of the year I could easily go about £50 over budget .... Not this year though !

Keep dipping in and out of my spending diary which is useless ! I need to get back to doing this properly otherwise there is no point.

3 weeks left at work :D

Coco x
  • Aamberle
    Aamberle Posts: 559 Forumite
    Options
    Morning Coco - Well Done on the organisation. I really need to get sorted but always manage to never find the time.:D.

Christmas music already! heard carols on the radio last week - way too early for me. needs to be in December not before..:).

Anyway catch up soon xx
    2012 The year I started dealing with my debts.
    2017. Lets start this again shall we?

Debt 1 Cleared 2/1/17 £480 Gone forever :j
    Debt 2 100/598
  • Coco114
    Options
    Why it's never too early for Christmas tunes !!!! :)

Been rubbish @ MSE this week !!! Need to get back on that wagon pronto :) did remember to use £5 off voucher for Mr T though so that's one thing. Bought lunch 3 days this week .... Naughty naughty ! I think i am running out of steam now - I badly need this two weeks off .... Only 13 more early get ups .... :T

Am dodging the Christmas do this year - I can't afford a dress and I truly don't have anything suitable that fits ! Also , there are no potential "Mr Coco" candidates at my work so there is no point :rotfl:

Beautiful weather after all the floods last week - really wintery , looks like a Chrustmas card in the woods behind my house.

Right best get on I suppose. I am beginning to get phone calls / letters again about money owing so I really need to decide what I am going to do - must give this some thought. Will try and get CAB appt over Christmas or new year and see what they suggest.

Coco x
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Good idea to make the CAB appt and get your plan sorted.. I imagine they will be busy so you might want to call soon for an appt..bit like divorce/family lawyers..always SUPER busy in the New Year:(
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • vasseur
    vasseur Posts: 3,090 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Coco114 wrote: »

Am dodging the Christmas do this year - I can't afford a dress and I truly don't have anything suitable that fits ! Also , there are no potential "Mr Coco" candidates at my work so there is no point :rotfl:

Yep - these are definitely dealbreakers :p Especially the bit in bold ;) Fortunately there are a couple of possibles at work this year, failing that our 'do' is shared with loads of other companies so lots of new blood ;);)

Have a lovely weekend.
    It's not how far you fall - it's how high you bounce back.... :j
    Happiness is not a destination - it's a journey :)
  • Mr_Toad
    Mr_Toad Posts: 2,462 Forumite
    Options
    Interesting comments about Christmas do's. Being a simple bloke I view them as an event to relax and have a laugh and a few drinks with work colleagues. I never even think about them as somewhere to meet a potential girlfriend!

Mind you, I prefer to keep work and play separate, things can get far too complicated otherwise! :o

On a more serious note.

Coco, your thought about seeing the CAB again is spot on, it never hurts do sanity check things. Also it's worth remembering that once you start paying people it gives them the idea that you have money again. or at least more than you've recently had and they, of course, want as much of it as they can get out of you. They definitely don't want you giving any to anyone else so they start calling and pestering.
    One by one the penguins are slowly stealing my sanity.
  • Coco114
    Options
    Well that's sat done , been feeling rubbish all day - certainly didn't feel like making polite conversation this afternoon !!!

Never mind - love chilled sat evenings , me & youngest have pjs on already :D Having a glass of wine and going to watch celebrity final then have an early night :) Want to blitz tomorrow so need an early start..... So if you catch me on here later than 9am tomorrow , feel free to tell me off !

Need to make a couple of lists tomorrow - one is my "to do" list , one is my "want to do" list ..... Just little things like read a chapter , paint my nails , face pack etc etc .... Little treat things for every couple of I knock off the main list :T

One month until the new year starts :)

Coco x
  • Coco114
    Options
    A little late for my morning update .... Sunday "off MSE curfew" now moved to 9.30 :D

My glass of wine turned into three so I had a little trouble getting going today :) Need to get a couple of bits today at Mr T that I forgot yesterday. I started using S*re Maximum Protection Deodorant about 6 months ago and it's brilliant !! But because it's £5 I switched to a cheaper one .... That's rubbish (false economy) just found a £1.50 off voucher that expires today so I will go and get the S*re one today :T

Put £1.80 in my 20p coin pot and 1 x £2 in my sealed pot (this is for my Christmas fund next year :) Also found my recent pay slip and after checking it properly , my employer loan stands @ £900 now !!!! Must have not checked properly before :) so by end Dec it will be £800 - finished in end Aug !!!! I will then leave the deductions still coming out as a saving scheme - as I haven't missed it until now ?

Right , tea & toast then on with the day - lots to do and by the time I come on later , I want a tidy , hoovered house , beds changed , washing done & put away and bank checked and spending diary filled in for today ..... I MUST DO THIS !!!!! :D

Coco x
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport