best place to invest

end of this month I get a lump sum from my BT Pension, I have nearly £30,000, can afford to invest £17,000 and not touch it for 5 years and will use the rest to pay off car loan and get some jobs done at home, will also add a small amount each month, best place to invest please, have seen a couple of Fixed rate ISAS that give 8.00% interest but I havent heard of the companies that are offering that, also are NSI growth bonds worth investing in

thanks

Comments

• Lungboy
    Lungboy Posts: 1,953
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    There are no legitimate ISAs offering 8%.
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,105
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Do you mean invest, or save?

What is the significance of 5 years? Will you need all of the £17k at the end of 5 years?

Do you have an emergency fund in cash? Any other savings or investments?
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 115,904
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Is leaving the lump sum in the pension the best option financially?
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • coyrls
    coyrls Posts: 2,423
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Have you heard about investing in minerals and metals? A kind of alternative of cryptocurrency investing wich is much more popular now.

Nonsense. How is investing in minerals and metals "a kind of alternative of cryptocurrency investment"? It's only a kind of alternative in the sense that it's probably equally as stupid.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure