Reclaiming of sorts....

Hi,

This relates to the equal pay claim going on at Asda. Tesco staff are now bringing a similar claim.

I was just wondering that if the people win who are bringing the claim against Asda, can we put in a claim to Asda ourselves rather then going through the union or solicitors?.

I did my own PPI claim and and guessing once a judgement is made we can then do it ourselves.?

Comments

• You would need to take action via an Employment Tribunal. There is no guarantee that you would win, even if the group action is successful.

Why would you not go through the union. You are a member, aren't you?
  • Really..?

So if the job I do is deemed to be on a higher rate I can't put in my own claim. I would also have to go through tribunal?.
  • As for the union. Apart from this they really do not seem to be doing much for the money we pay.
  • antrobus
    antrobus Posts: 17,386 Forumite
    jumper12 wrote: »
    Hi,

This relates to the equal pay claim going on at Asda. Tesco staff are now bringing a similar claim.

I was just wondering that if the people win who are bringing the claim against Asda, can we put in a claim to Asda ourselves rather then going through the union or solicitors?.

I did my own PPI claim and and guessing once a judgement is made we can then do it ourselves.?

Anyone (male or female) who is hourly paid and has worked at an Asda store in England in the last six years, or Scotland in the last five years, is entitled to bring a claim. To register an interest, please email us at or call our equal pay team on 0800 037 4045

https://www.leighday.co.uk/Employment-discrimination/Current-cases/Asda
  • antrobus wrote: »
    Anyone (male or female) who is hourly paid and has worked at an Asda store in England in the last six years, or Scotland in the last five years, is entitled to bring a claim. To register an interest, please email us at or call our equal pay team on 0800 037 4045

https://www.leighday.co.uk/Employment-discrimination/Current-cases/Asda

He doesn't want to use the solicitors. Or the union. He seems to want free advice instead.
    Really..?

So if the job I do is deemed to be on a higher rate I can't put in my own claim. I would also have to go through tribunal?.

Any ruling will apply to those that are a party to the claim. The employer may choose to apply it to all employees but are not obliged to. Why do you feel entitled to benefit from the hard work of others?
  • lol here we go.

Who said I feel entitled to benefit from anything?. I am asking what my options are once a judgement is made.

If a judgement is made that I should have been paid the same as others but were not, I would have been entitled to it from day one of my employment. Therfore I am entitled to it. Just because I choose to not use the union is a choice I am entitled to make.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure