~Make upto £10 a day February 2018~

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    edited 7 February 2018 at 8:40AM
    Options
    Aesop wrote: »
    yes of course ebay is going to tell you, you will make less money via collection only. You know why? because they and paypal get no extra money for collection only.... they make money on postage fees....:mad:

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

There's also the major factor of attracting far less potential buyers if they know they have to go and collect what they buy. I know this to my cost, living out in a rural area:mad:. Sometimes really good items only attract one bidder at auction so it's important to list them as BIN instead. Depending on where you live there might be a lot of watchers and potential buyers who don't mind the journey to collect things but you can't depend on it. People are basically lazy and like to click on an item and have it brought right to their door;)

I wouldn't consider listing 'collect only'but plenty of other people probably find it works for them. In the past before I'd learned that 'collect only' was no use to me, I've had buyers turning up and refusing to pay the agreed price because it had taken them so long to get here and they'd used so much petrol:rotfl:. They demanded a discount:eek:
  • Aesop
    Aesop Posts: 23,773 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    There's also the major factor of attracting far less potential buyers if they know they have to go and collect what they buy. I know this to my cost, living out in a rural area:mad:. Sometimes really good items only attract one bidder at auction so it's important to list them as BIN instead. Depending on where you live there might be a lot of watchers and potential buyers who don't mind the journey to collect things but you can't depend on it. People are basically lazy and like to click on an item and have it brought right to their door;)

I wouldn't consider listing 'collect only'but plenty of other people probably find it works for them. In the past before I'd learned that 'collect only' was no use to me, I've had buyers turning up and refusing to pay the agreed price because it had taken them so long to get here and they'd used so much petrol:rotfl:. They demanded a discount:eek:

Yes I agree it doesn't work for everyone. I live in a town so collection only on heavy items works for me. I have had people travel from over 10 miles away for a collection only item. It does depend on item, petrol, costs etc. My admin client is going to collect his encyclopaedias today. Hope they are as good as the photo.
  • Aesop
    Options
    Topcashback answer today is

JOHN GREED JEWELLERY

Quidco answer today is

DEBENHAMS
    INTERHOME

I am reading of lots of winners. Sadly none are me lol.

Has anyone found any other hummingbirds anywhere else?

I will make a post of them along with daily tcb answers. As you can go back and play days missed.
  • Aesop
    Options
    Pa those of you who remember my washing machine breaking last year and me having the fit engineer out? Well he missed a bit. The front brick was cracked. So guess what? Washing machine was making a racket like it was taking off.... No washing machine until Fri as they have to come back to replace part.
  • shariann
    shariann Posts: 1,027 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    hugs :grouphug:

really sorry that things seem to be getting worse for you.

hope things soon pick up for you. It can't help all this stuff going on.

thanks for the reminder, I couldn't log into my spins on phone, will try while on pc.

Thank you. More stress today - Ofsted are in tomorrow!
    Topcashback answer today is

JOHN GREED JEWELLERY

Quidco answer today is

DEBENHAMS
    INTERHOME

I am reading of lots of winners. Sadly none are me lol.

Has anyone found any other hummingbirds anywhere else?

I will make a post of them along with daily tcb answers. As you can go back and play days missed.

I just won £1 on quidco :j
    £10 a day April - £4/£300
    2014 £110.92 2015 £3732.30 2016 £1633.66 2017 £2991.70 2018 £3255.40
    Jan £105.50 Feb £80.47March £69.30
  • Aesop
    Options
    shariann wrote: »
    Thank you. More stress today - Ofsted are in tomorrow!

I just won £1 on quidco :j

Well done. I been there with ofsted. Hope yours went well. Ours was nightmare
  • QueenJess
    QueenJess Posts: 3,684 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Hey all, not much to report, just 10p from citizen me today. I feel like everything's getting on top of me, so having a mini break from money making for a couple of days.

Tomorrow's my birthday and since I can't remember the last time I spent any money on myself, I am planning to take myself for a haircut, a nice lunch and to get some much needed clothes.
    2024 decluttering: 6,935 ⭐️🥉⭐️🏅🏅🥈⭐️🏅🥇🏅⭐️🏅
    April mini kitchen declutter challenge: 38/50
    2024 decluttering goals: 🥉3,000 🥈4,000 🥇5,000 💎12,000 🏆 20,000
  • Aesop
    Options
    QueenJess wrote: »
    Hey all, not much to report, just 10p from citizen me today. I feel like everything's getting on top of me, so having a mini break from money making for a couple of days.

Tomorrow's my birthday and since I can't remember the last time I spent any money on myself, I am planning to take myself for a haircut, a nice lunch and to get some much needed clothes.

Have a lovely birthday and sounds wonderful treats. Enjoy it all especially lunch x
  • Milly-Ann-Molly
    Options
    Managed to spend today listing on eBay again. One live bid already so fingers crossed!

So my earnings over the last two days are not so impressive however I did manage:

£11.25 clubs refund at school
    £40 cash sales
    £0.50 quidco game and I won an entry in a £3k prize draw? Not sure how I get the 50p though.

Update Feb 7th + £51.25 = £535.55 / £560

Back to ebaying tonight. A spring cleaner on a de clutter and reduce debt mission!

Good luck everyone
    Make £/day March: £1490.85 / £310
    Quidco £3,143.16 NSD Mar:14
    2024 Road Kill £1
    March Sales of Excess £240.85
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Congratulations to all the moneymakers:T:beer: and hugs to those who could do with them at the moment:kisses3:

Received the cheque for the real life auction I entered some lots into in January. Didn't expect to be paid so fast. Need to sort out what I owe to OH as I'd [STRIKE]forced[/STRIKE] persuaded him to let me sell some of his hoarded items alongside mine. He was very pleasantly surprised at how much they made and is in the mood to do it again:j. One day this house/sheds/garage will be clutter free

I sent off a lot of books to Ziffit and WBB today. Miraculously they wanted them, I've not had much luck before. Fingers crossed that they'll accept them all, can't see any reason why they shouldn't.

Will add all this lot to my total when money is actually in my bank account. February is turning out better than I expected:j

I hope everyone is managing to keep warm:coffee::snow_grin
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport