Mooloo’s Managing it in 2018

Comments

• Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    beanielou wrote: »
    You are a better woman than me.
    The stress of staff would be very difficult for me.

Being a people person usually, the Boss part doesn’t come naturally to me. However I cannot be walked over or taken for granted. I am good to my staff, and give a lot of lee way. However there does come a time where I feel that if they continue to take the proverbial then it’s time to make a stand. If they don’t like that, then it’s time to part ways and move on. Even if the inner me is in panic mode. I will not be held to ransom if I can help it.
    If my Saturday girl comes back to me with a better attitude to discussing her dance timetable and her work commitments then I am happy to try to arrange things accordingly. However if I am being paid to teach on a Saturday and she cancels at short notice then it means I have to cancel as I cannot teach and run the Shop to walk in customers. Then it becomes a problem.
    This year is the one I am planning to capitalise on the lessons and workshops so her commitment to her job is paramount to the business.
    I don’t expect her to work every Saturday. However I do need to know as soon as she does if she has other commitments so I can make arrangements accordingly. That is not too hard to understand.

So my first task for 2018 is to meet with all staff, to review their work and to draw up a new contract for the next year.
    I never thought I would be saying that!

On the Home front I am happy to have Dgd Home, even if the front room looks like a bomb has dropped.
    We are already into Day 2 of the year!
    Eek
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Late night. Lazy start to the day.
    Two cups of tea, from the teasmade before I surfaced, while reading the emails and other bits and pieces.
    After porridge for breakfast, it’s been printing off printable calendars etc.
    I have cleared the side of the fridge ready for my “workstation” menu planner etc.
    A few inspiring quotes etc.
    Dgd is asking for several things to get with her £25 Christmas money she has come home with, I want to try and get her to save it.
    Mum seems to be back in her sewing mode, embroidery of tigers and leopards etc seem to be the order of the day.
    I am concerned that the balance transfer that I did a few days ago has gone wrong, as it has not yet reached the post office credit card and the DD of £100 went out today. So I am going to have to contact Barclaycard tomorrow if it still doesn’t clear because it’s definitely been added to the Barclaycard total. I was also not expecting that the DD would’ve still gone out, so I am lucky that the tax credits went in a day early.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • elona
    elona Posts: 11,806 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    mooloo

I am envious you have a teasmade that works. I bought one over a year ago and it worked for three days - got it replaced and it did not even work for one day. The third one was as bad so I gave up on the brand and bought a small hot water dispenser which I have in my bedroom with a mug on a small tray and a pretty tin with tea bags, coffee sachets and milk portions and so far it has worked really well.

Good luck for the new year.
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
  • Savvy_sewing
    On frustration levels:- 9
    DS cancelled as we were about to leave.
    When messaged back I am berated and Now accused of lecturing him because I asked that I don’t loose touch with them this year. I asked to see more of them. Then he turned it on it’s head and says I never visit him or spend time with him. That he is the last one!
    Erm I have visited twin 1 and twin2 only once in three years!
    I care for my 81 year old mother, I have a 10 year old, I have a business to run. I have a partner I cannot afford to live with because ALL my money has gone on all my children since they were born.
    And I just sent that to him in a message.
    Fuming!!!
    Dgd was looking forward to seeing her new cousin.
    I was looking forward to a new start etc with them. Instead he is feeling sorry for himself and blaming me for his crazy life!

Argh!!!!!

Breathe.
    Tea!
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,164 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Our DS's are indeed sent to try us.
    Funnily enough I had words with mine yesterday all by bleeping messanger,bah.
    Oh well that has strengthened my resolve that bank of mum is closed.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • I have 2 x DS so double trouble lol
  • beanielou
    I have 2 x DS so double trouble lol

Lies in a darkened room:rotfl:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• Savvy_sewing
    beanielou wrote: »
    Lies in a darkened room:rotfl:

The secret for me to calm down other than tea, was to read a romance for an hour, then get out my diary and tell myself that I didn’t need to be angry. That I wanted to be joyful and thankful, and positive. It took me about an hour but I managed it.
    I then cleaned a corner of the kitchen and managed to throw out some clutter.
    I will smile sweetly at DS tomorrow. But I will not be putting my hands in my pocket.
    I will invite the family for a meal at the end of the month and then I cannot be accused of ignoring them.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Morning from a very tired Moo!
    I planned an early night, but side tracked with my new Daily Greatness journal, updating my other journal planning my day, and then doing 3 Portuguese lessons on the kindle app. It was 11pm before I turned out the light.
    I woke at 5.55 with an alarm I had forgotten I set, and tried visualisation for a good day ahead and promptly fell back to sleep.
    My teasmade started just before 6.30.
    I have checked my notifications, all rubbish on FB. So I must learn to ignore those little red numbers.
    Can tell by my aching hands that it’s wet and miserable outside. First day back at School is going to be a little harder than when the sunshine’s. I will need to find my Jolly!
    The revised plan for today is to probably drive to School, come home and do the Menu Plan, and shopping list. Do a quick trip to Biggest, collect my laptop, see if Mum needs anything and change her bed. Pop to Aldi while that way. Home to do a Little housework. School run, go back and visit DS. As Dgd wants to see the boys. (I know it’s two 24 miles trips but on this occasion it’s more important to not let Dgd down).
    Luckily I didn’t go to Oxford at the weekend so I have the fuel in the car.

First cup of tea demolished. Liking the fact the teasmade is making two cups at a time! Although today I used one teabag rather than two.
    This evening I have to do the accounts. Tomorrow I need to see the accountant.
    Friday I have to produce my accounts all over again to the council.
    I am thinking that I might aim to not bother applying for any benefits this year, as not sure the continued hassle is worth £8.95 a week.
    I would rather just aim to find it in the budget from April. ( it will be tight but sick of the fight with the council! When was it I filled in the last lot of paperwork and asked for help? July possibly? And they only just wrote back on 6th December. Shocking! If I had stayed in the mess by now I could have lost my home!!
  • beanielou
    As you say is it really worth all the hassle for 9 quid a week.
    I know 9 quid is 9 quid but you could direct the energy used on that elsewhere.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure