Going with Bonkers The Pedigree Pooch or Muttley The Unloved Runt ?

Comments

• i am keen to join! wonder how much people put in per share and do you guys only stick to worst ftse 100 shares etc!
    Another night of thankfulness.
  • pip895
    pip895 Posts: 1,173
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    how much do you put in each share?

£1000/company - it works out at <1% of my total portfolio though so not really going to make much difference. Its in an iWeb ISA so trading is pretty cheep at £5.
  • thanks pip! will get back to you once i do more reading on this! :)
    Another night of thankfulness.
  • pavane
    pavane Posts: 155 Forumite
    If this is your strategy you should invest in a momentum correlated tracker. The strategy to pick individual is usually the lowest performing for the recovery, see dogs. However this is not done blindly as you are doing. Investing in Japan without understanding recent valuation and longer term trends, this will end in tears.
  • I took mine from Trustnet

If the link doesn't work, try this one.
    You may have to confirm that you're a private investor & accept the privacy policy. Then customise the chart by clicking custom and adding 6 months.
    Sort Bottom to Top
    Then Robert is your Mothers brother.

OK, have used the same site and it’s telling me to put put £1000 into the Schroder ISF Global Energy fund.

(Was really telling me to put it into the Manek Growth fund but given that I think that one is closed now, or about to close, I’ll go with the second worst fund.)

My fund choice was up 62% the previous year so perhaps is due a big turnaround soon! :p
    Hmmmm, need new siggie :cool:
  • oz0707
    oz0707 Posts: 876
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    pip895 wrote: »
    £1000/company - it works out at <1% of my total portfolio though so not really going to make much difference. Its in an iWeb ISA so trading is pretty cheep at £5.
    I was 1000 but decided to do minimum 2k now. I try and pull all out at +10% and after the fees 1000 wasn't worth it. Perhaps halifax s&s isa is expensive? Definitely should stick to a +% target though.
  • Murphy_The_Cat
    Murphy_The_Cat Posts: 20,967
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 31 December 2017 at 3:31PM
    Bonnie151 wrote: »
    OK, have used the same site and it’s telling me to put put £1000 into the Schroder ISF Global Energy fund.

(Was really telling me to put it into the Manek Growth fund but given that I think that one is closed now, or about to close, I’ll go with the second worst fund.)

My fund choice was up 62% the previous year so perhaps is due a big turnaround soon! :p
    In that case Bonnie, its game on - Bonkers The Pedigree Pooch (First State Japan Focus B Hedged ACC GPB[FONT=&quot]) [/FONT]vs Muttley The Unloved Runt (Schroder ISF Global Energy)
  • Excellent! Will transfer the money first thing Tuesday morning. For anyone concerned about my bonkers strategy, be assured that I am taking it from my Woodford Patient Capital Trust so really only moving from one dog to another. ;+)
    Hmmmm, need new siggie :cool:
  • Theta101
    Theta101 Posts: 140 Forumite
    edited 31 December 2017 at 3:56PM
    Interesting thread!
    I saw the Bonkers article and thought why not?

29/11/2017 Bought £4,213.22 worth of Janus Henderson China Opportunities.

31/12/2017 P/L = £12.05 (0.29%)

Limited to what HL has available.
  • In that case Bonnie, its game on - Bonkers The Pedigree Pooch (First State Japan Focus B Hedged ACC GPB[FONT=&quot]) [/FONT]vs Muttley The Unloved Runt (Schroder ISF Global Energy)
    Good luck to you both:beer: is there a final date for this? i.e 1/3/5 years
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure