The Edcawber Principle

Comments

• greent
    greent Posts: 10,670 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Hope DD makes a full recovery soon x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,186 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Glad DD is on the mend but what a dire experience for you all :(
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • edinburgher
    edinburgher Posts: 13,458 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 3 November 2017 at 9:40AM
    Another tough night, think she was up 7-8 times. What was much worse was I had to 'restrain' her with a gentle arm around her shoulders after she kicked the first dose of antibiotics out of my hand. There was that, then the same for ibuprofen, then I had to break the news that she was going upstairs for a bath :eek:

I was not a popular dad - it cost me 45 minutes of Play-Doh time to gain forgiveness for that particular series of events :rotfl:

Her fever seems to have broken this morning, but she is wabbit.

It looks like the gig is up as regards our dodgy electricity meter that (very occasionally) does a slow reverse when the sun hitting the solar panels is particularly bright. We're getting a new meter fitted in a couple of weeks. I tried multiple times to chase this up with our previous supplier, but we switched a few months ago and I hadn't resolved it yet. In practical terms, this means we'll probably be billed retrospectively for 3-4 months of additional electricity use. Not particularly concerned as our power usage is minimal for a house/family of our size, but I am glad that it will finally be resolved :o

£5.33 paid off CCs, H@lifax cashback and T5B savings interest. Grocery shopping was surprisingly minimal last night - £5 off Mr M's voucher and no meat or fish bought as the freezer is groaning.

HM pork and bean stew tonight, no idea what we're doing on Saturday, roast dinner on Sunday.

Still need to start on the Christmas presents.
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Oh you mean daddy, fancy giving your daughter a bath :kisses3: it's incredibly stressful when a toddler is upset by something that really needs to happen, I'm so glad her fever seems to have broken.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • edinburgher
    edited 3 November 2017 at 3:48PM
    £20.75 paid off the CCs (P2P interest and some dividend payments), Christmas presents bought for 2 and a card bought for family member who's expecting.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,186 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Hope DD is brighter today.
    Enjoy your weekend.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 8,928 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Hi Ed, good luck with the new diary and debt busting, hope your dd feels better today :)
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, month 17 completed and and extra 2 knocked off 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    I think yours is the dark blue Ed? LBC is bright blue and very pretty :D. Am guessing you've got LBC's big brother - am sure you'll be very pleased with it, they are great cars :T.

Glad DD is on the mend, scary how quickly they can go downhill.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • edinburgher
    Think I'm going mad! No trace of that card for expecting family member in my Et5y order history :eek:

I am shattered. Left the house at 08:00 yesterday to help Dad move house. 250 miles of driving and I got back at 17:30. Still, it's good to see him settled in a lovely new home (amazing what your money gets you in the sticks) and he retires in a few months, so it's not as if commuting will be an issue for him.

Today I have hoovered, cleaned out the tumble dryer, updated spreadsheets and rattled my way around the house with a little cleaning (parents visiting this afternoon). I am going wild from the smell of tonight's roast pork (5.5 hours into a slow roast) :drool:

Managed to sell our old sat nav on Eb@y, should be another £28 or so off the CCs once we get it posted. I really need to get off my !!!! and post the old phone I'm selling to C3x, but it needs to be dropped off for a courier.

Otherwise trying to take it easy - we went out for some fireworks last night and I met wife's new gal pal and her family - it's nice to make some new grownup friends.
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Otherwise trying to take it easy

:eek::eek::eek: Have you re-read your post, Ed?

That's, um, quite a lot :rotfl: well done you.
    Save
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport