Menstrual Money Saving

Comments

• tooties
    tooties Posts: 801 Forumite
    Hi,

I tried a mooncup for several months around 5-6 years ago, i just couldn't get on with it. it was difficult to to put in and take out and it leaked loads of times. I found it terribly uncomfortable too.
    Strangely i wasn't getting on with tampons either.

Last year i had gyne surgery to repair my pelvic floor as i had a double prolapse. That was probably the cause of all my problems with mooncup and tampons. I am successfully using tampons now.

Regards
    :j
  • rach_k
    rach_k Posts: 2,236 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I'm a big fan of my Femme Cup, especially since I got it half price when they had an offer on :)

I also regularly use cloth pads. Pink Daisy ones are my favourite as they're thin but absorbent and quite similar in size to disposables but without the nasty chemicals and sweaty feel! I've been using mine for a few years now with no sign of wear and tear on them so I'm confident they'll last a long time.
  • bylromarha
    bylromarha Posts: 10,085 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    I only use my mooncup when at home for prolonged periods. They are horrid to use in public loos and at work when there is no sink in the toilet cubicle with you.

Plus I too have to use a pad as back up.

They're okay, but no way could they be my sole method.
    Who made hogs and dogs and frogs?
  • i've been using a femme cup for about 3 years now, much better than anything else for me. they usually do them half price on 'world women's day' (or something similar), i think it's the 8th March, keep an eye on here.
  • I use cloth sanitary pads. Also use cloth nappies so just wash them together.
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,147 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 25 February 2015 at 4:19PM
    I've used a Mooncup (not needed anything else) for 10 years. I started off with the bigger size (recommended for over 30s and mothers) and swiftly changed to the smaller one!

(I am still tittering about "menstrual elimination"!)
  • themull1
    themull1 Posts: 4,299 Forumite
    I use supermarket own tampons they are a lot cheaper than the brand names, moon cups etc are not for me.
  • KentishLady
    KentishLady Posts: 293 Forumite
    Im using washable cloth pads at home and tampons at work. currently trying to switch from tampons to mooncup but month 1 was a struggle getting it open (sorry if tmi).
  • flea72
    flea72 Posts: 5,392 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Im using washable cloth pads at home and tampons at work. currently trying to switch from tampons to mooncup but month 1 was a struggle getting it open (sorry if tmi).

Getting it open?
  • Artytarty
    Artytarty Posts: 2,642 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Switching from tampons to a mooncup finally cured my daughter from recurrent bouts of bad cystitis, she'd been suffered no for years and was often on antibiotics.
    No doctor ever suggested tampons might be to blame but she eventually made the connection. Happy days.
    Norn Iron Club member 473
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport