Baby steps to mortgage freedom for beanielou.

Comments

• Just treat that mortgage like you did your weight and you'll have it cleared in no time. Glad to see you have a diary. I'll be cheering you on as it was you how kept me and I'm sure many other plodding on with my diary
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st 9lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 30.15% through my pb challenge.
  • Good luck to you. When you feel in need of treats, just remember how hard you work to earn the money to pay for them, and they don't feel like treats any more.

Squirrel x
    Paid off mortgage nine years early in 2013. Now picking and choosing our work to fit in with the rest of our lives!
    Still thrifty though, after all these years:D
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,805
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    I think my biggest problem is that I live very close to the bone anyway & really dont have any spare money.
    Anyway every little helps :)
    Thanks for the encouragement everyone :j
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • beanielou
    Ambassador
    A wee payment today.
    It all adds up :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• Well done. I didn't believe just how much it adds up until I stopped faffing about and started to op.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st 9lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 30.15% through my pb challenge.
  • tootallulah
    tootallulah Posts: 2,197 Forumite
    Hiya Beanie great to see you on MFW. Gosh you are in the 29s every £10 makes an impact and you will be able to see it. Good luck.
  • beanielou
    Ambassador
    Another teeny weeny payment today :j
    Two quid better in their pocket than mine!!! :rotfl:

• Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Beanie! I'm so sorry I didn't see your thread before - I'm terrible for only looking at threads I'm subscribed to, I must go to the forum itself once a week or something.

Anyway, welcome here :j its a very lovely place.

And I know exactly what you mean about income going lower and still trying to pay things off, thats the boat I'm in. I'm looking at m.b.ing to help me :)

Subscribing.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • beanielou
    Ambassador
    Thanks karmcat :j

• edinburgher
    edinburgher Posts: 13,450
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    You're doing well Beanielou, love your avatar :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback