Oh Bum's to it all

Comments

• Ugh, made £18 on amazon with 9 books. I can't believe they charge so much in fees just for a book you sell for £2!!!

Still waiting for TSB balance transfer to clear to Amex. Amex isn't cut up, it's in the drawer and i've given OH online access so I can't even get away with being naughty. (safety net)

I had misplaced my Apple Pencil a few weeks ago, so ordered a new one (yes yes yes I know). Luckily i found mine and hadn't opened the box for the new one so thats £99 that will go back on the card once I sent it back tomorrow. I am a frakking idiot. I'm feeling more and more disgusted with myself...although i'm trying not to, don't want to get low as that's a dangerous place for me to be.

All my eBay sales so far have been posted. Although I just sold something buy it now for £4 free postage which will be 80ish pence.

Expecting a £10 eBay refund for a not as described item I bought.

i have my Ralph Lauren Bag ending tomorrow, it hurts! It's breaking my heart to sell it BUT conversely that is a good thing. It's a good thing that it's hurting because it's identifying a problem if that makes sense.

eBay auctions still running are at a current total of £233.75. And I LITERALLY have only just started on the great declutter of 2018.

I've listed most of the high value items however so I'm really going to have to look at my house and decide what I need to keep.

For example, when my husband's finished university, do I really need this second monitor for the iMac. Do I even need the iMac? I love it, but do I need it? I've got a MacBook Pro and he's got a laptop. I only use the iMac for essays, well i'm also using it right now but I could actually sell it and hook my MacBook up to the second monitor and it would be just like using a mac. But then again I'm emotionally attached to it....Seriously I'm sat here with a monitor that cost £200, an iMac and a MacBook Pro. Ohhhhh and the iPad Pro. The only thing I NEED out of those is the MacBook Pro for work and essays. I don't NEED the iPad however I wouldn't sell it as we use it on long journeys for DS to watch movies etc and I read books on it blah blah.

Bedtime!x
  • If you don't need it or have something which does the same job just as well then I would sell it. Anything to reduce Amex card or get it down to reduce the interest. At least you have brought it below £10k by doing the TSB BT.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • I've spent most of this afternoon in bed with a migraine (stress related to be honest) but have managed to drag myself out of bed to get eBay and amazon stuff parcelled.

I've transferred £327.09 to the American Express today. This is a combination of eBay sales and Amazon sales. I should have a little more to pay towards it tomorrow depending on whether some more eBay stuff sells.

£90 was from stuff I've sent out, fees already paid
    £200 was stuff ending this morning. I did forget about the fees so actually I'm going to owe eBay £20 but I'll take that out of stuff that ends tonight and tomorrow so not worried about that.

Then there was 37.09 from Amazon. Also will have more at some point as have been listing in batches. Might try eBay first though as not happy with Amazon fees.

I should be selling my sewing machine tomorrow for £30 cash, plus there is a train set going for at least £10. I'll put that £40 into the savings jar (one that you have to smash to get the money out. Think its got £15 in it so far. I'm doing this with things I sell for cash just to build up an emergency fund.

Once all these bids have ended I need to get the next batch loaded and finish my essay.

Feeling stressed today because I know we're just not going to be able to afford to make these debt payments in a few months, but I'm determined to clear as much as possible of this Amex before I make any decisions.

Currently sat in the study getting annoyed at next doors rap music so I'm playing "I know a song that gets on everybody's nerves" at full blast with the window open. Funnily enough even though its loud it's not annoying me at all.
  • Sounds like you are on a roller other the selling. I am awful for selling stuff, I just don't have the time or energy, and I suppose because I don't NEED to I just don't bother.
    Debt free Feb 2021 🎉
  • savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 27,100
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Well done for all the sales and the amex repayment
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality by mid 2030
    1) MFW Nov 21 £201,999 with 237 payments to go - now £184,341 Equity 26.26% (lower post move compensated by EF) plus spent £10K+ on home improvements/emergency repairs
    2) Mortgage neutral by June 2030 AVC £8.063/£127,466 AVC target 6.32%
    3) FI Age 60 annual income target £12,500/30,000 41.66%
    Achievements: CC free since April 22. 1 year EF from Jan 24 & dedicated pot for home improvements
  • Sounds like you are on a roller other the selling. I am awful for selling stuff, I just don't have the time or energy, and I suppose because I don't NEED to I just don't bother.

I think even if I didn't have debt I'd have needed to do it at some point. I'm awful for holding on to things because we might use it one day. And I can't continue living like that! We have a box room/ study that is so bloody awkward to get into due to the tubs full of clothes I don't wear and shelves full of this years presents. I need to get the tubs sorted then wrap up the presents for people so I can see what we might need to get. For instance, I go to Aldi and pick up things for DS's birthday parties, last year I grabbed 7 of these little kits for £4 each - one was to make a skeleton, the other to make a wooden ship etc. Otherwise OH ends up spending £10 on a present for a party and that drives me nuts! I'd send him with no present but thats not the done thing.

Oh god I've just remembered I need to save for his party in August......
  • Hi..

Just a thought with the iPad pro.. I'm no expert with Apple things but I THINK they're at the more expensive end of iPads? Cos of what they do etc if you only read it for watching things/reading books could you not sell the iPad pro and purchase a cheaper tablet to replace it?

Depending on the condition if the iPad pro that might free up a couple of hundred? Just a suggestion

And good luck! I'm reading as you are giving me the motivation to begin my clear out and sign up to eBay so I will keep following
  • Nicfaz92 wrote: »
    Hi..

Just a thought with the iPad pro.. I'm no expert with Apple things but I THINK they're at the more expensive end of iPads? Cos of what they do etc if you only read it for watching things/reading books could you not sell the iPad pro and purchase a cheaper tablet to replace it?

Depending on the condition if the iPad pro that might free up a couple of hundred? Just a suggestion

And good luck! I'm reading as you are giving me the motivation to begin my clear out and sign up to eBay so I will keep following
    I don't actually use it for just that, that's my main home use but I also write with it when I'm out and about at meetings etc (hence the Apple Pencil). I use it for annotating PDFs for example 130 pages of legislation, I'll notate directly onto it. I did get a second hand kindle fire a while back and it's awful so that went back on to ebay! My son has a kindle fire and he just doesn't use it as its crap.

I see your point though but it's used constantly to be honest, in fact it's here at work with me right now!
  • Nicfaz92 wrote: »
    Hi..

Well if you want motivation....
    oyzyx.png

I think this number includes postage though so it's not accurate of how much I've "made"
  • Oh well done on the sales, what a great start!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure