a little annoyed with myself and seller

hi

bid on item and i did not think i would win, bought another and won the first item i bid on
asked seller to cancel the item and he got all shirty and asked me to pay which i did

just received it, well a neighbour did, x2 large items in x1 large box, small piece of bubble wrap and the box and contents damaged, if i had been in i would have refused it

anyway i have now opened a item damaged return and i am concerned that they will think i have damaged it as the sale was difficult

have several items listed myself and have blocked the seller, but i am concerned that i am going to get my items sabotaged

anything else i can do but wait?

thanks

Comments

• I would just let him know it has arrived damaged. If he tries to dispute Ebay always side the the buyer anyway (IME)
    Friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • I would just let him know it has arrived damaged. If he tries to dispute Ebay always side the the buyer anyway (IME)

did just that, apparently ebay are going to contact me, erm ok
  • This_Year
    This_Year Posts: 1,344 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Never buy and sell on the same eBay ID.

Take photos of the packaging, the item and how it was packed. Open a SNAD or return case on eBay and upload the photos.

eBay won't be contacting you. That's the seller blustering. Don't contact via messages but just communicate through the case. If the seller doesn't resolve after 8 days you can then escalate to eBay.

BUT if you've a live bid on an auction, don't go and buy the same thing and then ask to cancel afterwards, that would annoy me as a seller.
  • did just that, apparently ebay are going to contact me, erm ok

You need to open a SNAD (significantly not as described) case on eBay. The seller will get 8 days to respond and give you a prepaid label to return the item. At the end of 8 days, if he/she hasn't done so you can ask eBay to step in and they will rule in your favour. They will either issue you a refund and keep the item or they will give you a prepaid label to return it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure