Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Comments

• davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,066 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver!
    Offer for Bubbs and Co. from hukd

Free hot drink & mince pie (for senior citizens) - Morrisons (between 2:30pm and 5pm)

:beer:
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
  • curl_girl
    curl_girl Posts: 4,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Lovely tree marmie.
    You have been busy!
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
  • Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 5 December 2017 at 1:24PM
    Not much else good vs W:rotfl:. Don't forget Bahlsen Liebniz won't work as different prices in the W offer:(.

Fox Party Rings 50p vs 50p.
    Otherwise Jammie Dodgers in 2s:( - but Lidl/Aldi cheaper on alternative brand version.

But then you start adding stuff when putting a SP Spaghetti Loops tin onto the shop would be cheaper.
  • Picasso7 wrote: »
    Thank you, I shall ensure that Waities sells what I get in A -- that is what you mean, isn't it? (I am shopping in A.)

Sorry Picasso...Yes that's what I meant...:o
    [STRIKE]68 [STRIKE]Mouses[/STRIKE] [/STRIKE]

OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!! :rotfl::rotfl:
  • davemorton wrote: »

Free hot drink & mince pie (for senior citizens) - Morrisons (between 2:30pm and 5pm)

And bubbles has just had her free bus pass.....:rotfl:
    [STRIKE]68 [STRIKE]Mouses[/STRIKE] [/STRIKE]

OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!! :rotfl::rotfl:
  • curl_girl
    curl_girl Posts: 4,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    And bubbles has just had her free bus pass.....:rotfl:

You two boys will be in trouble later.....
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
  • Picasso7
    Picasso7 Posts: 4,038 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Savvybuyer wrote: »
    I think cross off Highlander's Broth as it's not sold in A:rotfl:.

You also need to buy four in order to match the W offer! Otherwise - W full price:(, like T will be for 3 certainly.

Sorry - you need to pay for one of the soups:( (although to get that also as a glitched soup) - that was always the case on this anyway even when vs T was sure (except for a very brief period vs Sains available at the beginning of the glitch - expired soon after).

Yes, I know I need to buy four. The till will also see the Heinz L&B and will charge me £3 for the five tins though the APG will think I have bought four @ £1.07 and will presumably think that the comparison is £3 (W offer) and give me the difference.

Is that right please?
  • Picasso7
    Picasso7 Posts: 4,038 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Sorry Picasso...Yes that's what I meant...:o

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • janed9388
    janed9388 Posts: 301 Forumite
    fuzzgun19 wrote: »
    Mine are less than 1 min, prob at least 20-40secs apart and I open them as soon as they come up (in case they disappear or something).

I did lose my first one this morning. I went to the Mcd drive thru, paid with AP, then put it down on top of my iphone. The envelope started to appear but stopped at a large pin head size, then the app closed.
    I checked it at home in case it had saved but hadn't.
    Don't know if it was my iphone or Mcd wifi interfering with it or just one of those things.. never had it before.

No matter as I won a few nice prizes after that :T

Thanks for that - I did 3 self scan shops in T's this morning, only one item in each so probably not a minute apart but couldn't open the envelopes as there is no signal in the store ! All were still there when I got to the car though. £5 M&S an £3 costa for me. Thought I then had it sussed in B&Q to do 4 items in 4 shops (very cute 3' Christmas trees for £2 for the kids :D) but our B&Q is behind the times and doesn't do contactless !
  • gocat
    gocat Posts: 5,905 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    davemorton wrote: »

Asked OH if he thinks I could get away with getting free drink for senior citizens and he said I dont look old enough.
    Yep thats the right thing to say OH :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport