Add your feedback on energy supplier Iresa

Comments

• We moved to Iresa in December a week before GB energy went bust. Account still not set up properly but keep taking direct debits, never answer messages sent via online account and when I try to phone my place in the queue is 50+ not happy with their customer service at all!!!
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 16 March 2017 at 7:37PM
    ajduncan wrote: »
    We moved to Iresa in December a week before GB energy went bust. Account still not set up properly but keep taking direct debits, never answer messages sent via online account and when I try to phone my place in the queue is 50+ not happy with their customer service at all!!!

They are getting some of the poorest reviews on Trustpilot, Facebook, and Twitter that I have ever seen for an energy supplier. You could try e-mailing consumeraffairs@ofgem.gov.uk with your concerns. Refer them to the social media links above.

Not quite the unique selling point that they were hoping for:

You are probably thinking that Iresa is just another energy company on the energy market but we are hoping that we can prove you wrong and show you that there is something that makes us unique.

Our values at Iresa are some of the things which defines us. Iresa’s core values are:

Integrity

Passionate about our customers and people

Measure success through sustainable customer satisfaction and energy affordability
  • smiler03
    smiler03 Posts: 17 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I opened an electricity account with them in October 2016.

Everything proceeded exactly as it should. As was made perfectly clear when signing up, the first direct debit was taken a month in advance.

I frequently add meter readings to any gas or electricty supplier I use, typically at least monthly.

I very recently asked, by email, if IRESA would change my direct debit date. They did this and replied in less than 24 hours.

I think they are superb. I frequently search for better tariffs and my "IresaFlex2, ELECTRICITY" tariff seems to be unbeatable. They even pay interest if my account is in credit, which it is.

On opening the account, they used my estimated annual usage as what they charge me for, unlike my gas supplier who didn't believe my estimate.

I've been switching suppliers since 2003 and know very accurately what my usage is. I use a fairly simple spreadsheet to calculate my bills before I get them, which is why I take regular meter readings.

I used to be with extraenergy for my electricity, IRESA provides far better billing.
  • vanilla8
    vanilla8 Posts: 656 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Switched in December, this is the first month where I have had an issue with bill. Iresa seem to have ignored my meter reading submitted end of feb - this months bill showed no charges.
    Checked my emails and had confirmation of meter reading submitted successfully however logged into account and meter reading not showing online.
  • DonnySaver
    DonnySaver Posts: 562 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    smiler03 wrote: »

Everything proceeded exactly as it should. As was made perfectly clear when signing up, the first direct debit was taken a month in advance.

I frequently add meter readings to any gas or electricty supplier I use, typically at least monthly.

I very recently asked, by email, if IRESA would change my direct debit date. They did this and replied in less than 24 hours.

I think they are superb. I frequently search for better tariffs and my "IresaFlex2, ELECTRICITY" tariff seems to be unbeatable. They even pay interest if my account is in credit, which it is.

On opening the account, they used my estimated annual usage as what they charge me for, unlike my gas supplier who didn't believe my estimate.

I've been switching suppliers since 2003 and know very accurately what my usage is. I use a fairly simple spreadsheet to calculate my bills before I get them, which is why I take regular meter readings.

I used to be with extraenergy for my electricity, IRESA provides far better billing.

Likewise. I asked them to change my direct date via Twitter and they did it really quickly.

I've still not had one problem with them..... happy so far.
  • ASavvyBuyer
    ASavvyBuyer Posts: 1,737 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    smiler03 wrote: »

We have had a similar experience with Iresa for our electric account (get our gas through Zog) and also with a relative that we helped switch to Iresa for electric.

Seems like a lot of the problems are people not expecting the 1st DD to be taken just after the cooling off period, or that they don't do anything for the 1st 14 days, or that they have signed up for Gas, which always seems to take longer to switch. All clearly stated when signing up!
    Meter readings take a bit longer than with the big6 to appear in the account, but it says that in the acknowledgement you get when you submit a reading.

Expect the customer services is dealing with a lot of queries about the early DD and why meter readings have not appeared instantly, and could be one of the reason for the long delays in being answered.
  • toshi
    toshi Posts: 308 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 17 March 2017 at 1:36PM
    Hengus wrote: »
    First, you need to look at the chronology. Iresa do NOTHING for the first 14 days (i.e.; during the cooling off period) whereas most suppliers start the appropriate transfer notifications when they are told of a switch request. This is important as if BG was notified of a transfer at day 21 or later after the end of your fixed contract then it is right to move you on to the standard variable tariff. I suspect that the above is unlikely but it is worth checking.

If you are happy that your situation sits within the SLC requirement then make a formal complaint in writing and say that, if they wish to stand their ground, you would like the matter to be deadlocked. This gives you the right to take your complaint to the EO without having to wait 8 weeks.

I would also refer the matter to [EMAIL="consumeraffairs@ofgem.gov.uk"]consumeraffairs@ofgem.gov.uk[/EMAIL] asserting that the supplier is not compliant with the SLC relating to fixed tariff contracts. Ask for the matter to be referred to their Compliance Department and offer to send them a copy of your bill. You will not get a detailed response to your concerns from Ofgem but no supplier likes to have the Regulator knock on their door.

Firstly you guys are so knowledgeable, really helpful. Thank you so much. In terms of Iresa Transfer, everything is working fine so far.

I have received the letter Jan from British Gas in January said:

[FONT=&quot]If [/FONT][FONT=&quot]you decide [/FONT][FONT=&quot]to [/FONT][FONT=&quot]switch you'll keep your [/FONT][FONT=&quot]current (Collective Fix) [/FONT][FONT=&quot]prices until: you switch [/FONT][FONT=&quot]to [/FONT][FONT=&quot]another supplier within 20 working days after your [/FONT][FONT=&quot]current [/FONT][FONT=&quot]tariff ends[/FONT][FONT=&quot]. [/FONT]

British Gas explained my [FONT=&quot]tariff changed to standard automatically on 1.3 That is fine as they didn't know [FONT=&quot]if [/FONT]I would change the supplier, but they have to adjust the final bill once they confirmed my transfer.

[FONT=&quot]W[FONT=&quot]ill [/FONT][/FONT]British Gas ignore what they said ? As below the things EON said is very reasonable to me, even they use the term "[/FONT][FONT=&quot]the Price Protection window".

British Gas won't amend their final bill? I love to hear more about BG final Bill issues.

Thanks again, you guys are so helpful.

[/FONT]
    Do you mean the guarantee for switching within the Price Protection window Maxwell007? If you do, the crucial point is when the new supplier contacts us to takeover. Provided they do this inside the window (open 49 calendar days before a fixed term deal ends until 20 working days after), we'll keep accounts on the cheaper prices up until the supply end date. Exit fees also don't apply when inside this window.
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    toshi wrote: »
    [FONT=&quot]
    [FONT=&quot]W[FONT=&quot]ill [/FONT][/FONT]British Gas ignorewhat they said ? As below the things EON said is very reasonable to me, even they use the term "[/FONT][FONT=&quot]the Price Protection window".

Thanks again, you guys are so helpful.

[/FONT]

Glad it was useful toshi.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Gambler
    Gambler Posts: 3,213 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Gambler wrote: »
    Just had my final bill off Eon. All sorted? Nope. Gas is fine.

Eon have used an estimated reading for elec so iresa have obviously not bothered to pass on the reading I sent to them on 08 Feb.

Still no direct debit taken for March.

Absolute joke of a company. They should be stopped from taking on any new customers as they obviously can't cope with the demand and their systems are pretty poor.

I've received an email to say my next DD is due. So checked my online account. Gas meter reading is now showing and it matches eon reading.

Eureka:T
  • FAO Toshi (I can't quote on my phone)

After a phone call and now 2 emails, BG accept that if the switch is within 20 days of a tariff ending, the tariff extends. I used Hengus' info about the Conditions of Supply and abruptly, but politely, asked if they denied the conditions exist.

I now have a named contact who is monitoring the account and will ensure credits are applied to the account.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure