Report Bank Charges successes and failures

Comments

• mikeyry wrote: »
    Does anybody know which Natwest address i should send my hardship letter? thanks
    I think:

NatWest Care team
    George House
    36 North tower st
    Glasgow
    G1 2AD

fax 01415670147
  • :j:beer::T
    emwil14 wrote: »
    bank: natwest
    amount requested: £900
    amount repaid: waiting for the offer

as the last person stated, i am also in shock!!!! i first applied for my charges about 18 months ago. i used the template letters and waited patiently. around a year ago i tried to get the charges back by going down the hardship route and was knocked back even though i have numerous debts and a notice seeking possession.
    after the courts decision i recieved a letter saying they would not be refunding charges as they thought the amount charged was fair and the court upheld this. at the bottom of the letter it said i had so long to get back in touch otherwise my case would be dropped??!! i immediatly realised there must be something i could do if it was not dropped already!
    i sat down and wrote a letter back. the main point of the letter was that the natwest are saying they think it was fair to charge £35/£38 for unauthorized overdraft usage but have now dropped this fee to £5!!!!!!!!! why lower the charge if its fair?? big mistake! i put in the letter that obviously there needs to be a charge and £5 is quite reasonable, so i will gladly accept a refund of the difference between the £5 and the £35/£38 if they are not willing to pay back the full amount.
    i recieved a form to fill in about my financial situation which i completed and sent back. on saturday i recieved another letter saying that a refund of charges has been agreed and they will send me an offer in the next 21 days!!!!
    i really can not believe it and had nearly given up hope. thankyou to martin and the team for all your help. fingers crossed its a good offer. x x

i am actually shaking! i cant believe it! i initially asked for just under £900 to be refunded and recieved an offer of £1109 this morning!!! i honestly never thought i would get to this day. i am so glad i carried on fighting for what was right. i really hope my case inspires you all to keep going and not to give up.
    thank you to martin and the team and all of you on the forums who i have gained insight and information from throughout this lengthy process.
    i hope you all have a good outcome with your cases.
    em x x x.
  • flapjack83 wrote: »
    i was going to roll over and let the banks screw me but thanks to you guys on this thread i'm rareing for battle. tally ho!
    nooooooo dont give up until the fat lady sings and i have lost my voice at the minute lol x;)
  • flapjack83 wrote: »
    i was going to roll over and let the banks screw me but thanks to you guys on this thread i'm rareing for battle. tally ho!

:eek: You must pursue this hun.....keep on and hopefully you have success. The bank like to confuse, ignore and reject these bank charges! They hope that if enough ppl get fed up of rejection, silly jargon etc they will eventually 4get. Well i will keep encouraging ppl to APPLY, CLAIM, APPLY, CLAIM :T
  • emwil14 wrote: »
    :j:beer::T

i am actually shaking! i cant believe it! i initially asked for just under £900 to be refunded and recieved an offer of £1109 this morning!!! i honestly never thought i would get to this day. i am so glad i carried on fighting for what was right. i really hope my case inspires you all to keep going and not to give up.
    thank you to martin and the team and all of you on the forums who i have gained insight and information from throughout this lengthy process.
    em x x x.

:beer::beer::T:beer::T:beer::T:beer::T
    ABSOLUTELY brilliant honey. Im glad there is still hope for everyone out there! The drink are on you then?? LOL

Well done you!:T
  • chants1981 wrote: »
    :beer::beer::T:beer::T:beer::T:beer::T
    ABSOLUTELY brilliant honey. Im glad there is still hope for everyone out there! The drink are on you then?? LOL

Well done you!:T
    thank you very much. i dont know about the drinks being on me, its just a waiting game now to see when they pay up lol. x x

em x x x.
    well done, this is excellent, really glad for you
  • gdawn
    gdawn Posts: 8 Forumite
    Hi Everyone,i'm with Santander,in 2007 tried to claim £1583 in charges,sent letter Jan 2010 with hardship letter to claim total £2778,had letter refunding £115 for Jan 2010 charges,any charges for Feb will be refunded & any unauthorised overdraft charges will be canncelled till April 2010 to break the cycle of charges they state........anyone know what my next step is please?

em x x x.

i mentioned the drop from £38 to £5 and they said i cannot claim against fairness of the charge since the case?
  • Started Claim - July 2008
    Original amount claimed for - £3111.50
    Bank - HSBC

As I claim during the FSE waiver - I was told that my case would be put on hold... fair enough...

As they kept extending the waiver and the Financial Hardship was brought in... I claimed FH - (correctly, as it was a vicious circle)

then in September 2009 they offered £408 to cover the charges over the last 3 months...

I accepted these on the understanding that it was not in full and that I will also continue my claim with the Finanial Ombudsman... also during this time I put in another claim for the charges since July 08 which came to £800 minus the £408 they paid back.

After the ruling they wrote back to confirm that they feel that the charges were fair etc and if nothing within 8 weeks closed... blah blah...

So I sent another letter off explaining that it is in their interest to prove that they were fair and consistent!

Then Martin gave us new template - I have sent the one off to the Financial Ombudsman and another to the bank... - the Ombudsman have replied stating high volume and my case will be seen soon... and the bank are standing their ground and saying No...

Please help...:j

Hi - can anyone help me with this... as the bank are still saying no and still awaiting a response from the FOS?

:eek:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure