Monarch Airlines stops trading - latest info and your rights

Comments

• we paid exactly £100.00 for each of two return flights. Are we covered under Section 75?
  • Alpharooms hr on phone saying even with a ATOL cert they will only cover 10% of additional cost of flights, they got you by the B###, it will be cheaper therefore to get refund and book direct on skyscanner
  • Tesco Credit card ask you to contact ATOL- But HOW?

Hi we have a package booked with Monarch Holidays paid using our Tesco Credit card . Tesco have asked me to contact ATOL and get a response from them but the ATOL website categorically says that you have to contact TESCO.

Seems I am going round and round in circles.

Should I just fill in the Section 75 claim letter and try this approach.

I am £1500 out of pocket - AND NO HOLIDAY TO LOOK FORWARD TO!

Has this happened to anyone else? Any advice appreciated !

Thank you
  • bradders1983
    bradders1983 Posts: 5,684 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Tesco Credit card ask you to contact ATOL- But HOW?

Hi we have a package booked with Monarch Holidays paid using our Tesco Credit card . Tesco have asked me to contact ATOL and get a response from them but the ATOL website categorically says that you have to contact TESCO.

Seems I am going round and round in circles.

Should I just fill in the Section 75 claim letter and try this approach.

I am £1500 out of pocket - AND NO HOLIDAY TO LOOK FORWARD TO!

Has this happened to anyone else? Any advice appreciated !

Thank you

See my post on the last page. Looks like the CAA/ATOL are trying to cut down on their workload by making people go to their card provider first but mine arent interested and clearly yours arent either.

The claim form is on its way to everyone as per the CAA website, should have it by the 11th. I will be filling it in and doing it that way, they cant refuse me a refund.
  • Paypal will only try to help you to get your money back if you paid for your flights within the last 6 months.
  • I know that I am supposed to claim through Atol, but what is to stop me from submitting claims to both? I also called my insurance who said that I had grounds to make a claim?!
  • bradders1983
    I know that I am supposed to claim through Atol, but what is to stop me from submitting claims to both? I also called my insurance who said that I had grounds to make a claim?!

I would guess that if you were found out you could be done for fraud. The same idea also entered my head too in a devious moment ;)
  • I would guess that if you were found out you could be done for fraud. The same idea also entered my head too in a devious moment ;)

Obviously it was just a devious thought.... I won't but it seems to be open to manipulation :beer:
  • Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
  • bradders1983
    MSE_Andrea wrote: »
    Hi everyone

Thats all well and good Andrea but myself and someone else on the last page or so have been given the brush-off by the credit card companies. Also any ideas how my scenario would work?

I see someone else on the CAA Twitter page is having issues because the transaction is showing as Cosmos Holidays (same with some of mine)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure