IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking ticket from CPS its effect to medical student and GMC?

toshiba12345
toshiba12345 Posts: 17 Forumite
edited 8 October 2016 at 8:13PM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
hi guys. just registered today and i have read the newbies section though i had to read them couple of times. haha. such complicated but very detailed.

i just got the charge tonight and quickly browsed here and found such a wonderful forum.

here are pictures of the charge i got from CPS midlands LTD

hxxps://s22.postimg.org/h52dv07o1/image.jpg
hxxps://s22.postimg.org/c7ot9w5ox/image.jpg
hxxps://s22.postimg.org/ltidq6wup/image.jpg

So based on my understanding.

1. leave until week 3.
2. make note of any NTK letters
3. appeal to the operator(most likely rejected)
4. get the appeal code from their rejected letters
5. go to popla?

Also, can i just make a small note that i am a medical student and im afraid any court actions etc needs to be notified to GMC which could affect my career. Im doing my finals next year so really dont want to take any slim chances of having my medical degree compromised due to £100 fine. ((

just wanted to add that when i double check the note, the contravention code says to X marked relevant box, but they only X marked the F box but only used / on the G box.

Comments

• Also, can i just make a small note that i am a medical student and im afraid any court actions etc needs to be notified to GMC which could affect my career.
    Are you sure that includes civil cases, or is it just criminal ones?

In any case, you're a long way from that yet, so may as well go through the motions, and hopefully it'll end at POPLA.
  • hxxps://postimg.org/image/flu35rk19/

as attached. what do you guys think?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,602
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    None of those questions relate to a little old small claim! No worries there.

But you will not get this daft charge quashed on appeal and will not get POPLA as they are in the IPC:

https://www.theipc.info/aos-members/c

So read the usual advice in all other IPC threads (and in the NEWBIES thread post #3 about IAS and post #4 about ignoring debt collectors).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,252
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    CPS Midlands are IPC AOS members, so unfortunately, no POPLA.

Just send in the IPC template appeal, then ignore anything further unless court papers are issued - come back if received.

This isn't brain surgery, but a bit more than chopping out an ingrown toenail.

CPS Midlands are not currently litigious.

http://www.bmpa.eu/companydata/CPS_Midlands.html

Nothing will get rid of this quickly, you just have to ride it out, I'm sorry.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • when you say they are currently not litigious does that mean so far in 2016 they havent bring any case to court yet? based on the link u sent, they havents. so its a good sign then?

also based on the recommendation there
    "Our recommendation for this operator: See if site will cancel. Otherwise ignore all but court papers but keep paperwork. Get pics of the site / signs if you do get a ticket and keep for later.. Or check using our Parking Ticket Wizard link here"

so i can just hope for another 6 years they wont take this to a court? unfortunately i may move to another place to work after graduating so that might cause an issue.

since the recent change of this company to IPC, im quite inclined to pay £60 due to hassle of this problem is no way worse than studying 1000pages of medical books. lol.

is that fair? :(((
  • also. just for reference. here is the street view.

hxxps://postimg.org/image/xm33o83el/

they dont provide clear signs that the parkings are for their customers ONLY. and especially at night, just now, i was in a rush and couldnt find any usual signpoles or anything around the car parks.
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,154
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    hi guys. just registered today and i have read the newbies section though i had to read them couple of times. haha. such complicated but very detailed.

i just got the charge tonight and quickly browsed here and found such a wonderful forum.

here are pictures of the charge i got from CPS midlands LTD

https://s22.postimg.org/h52dv07o1/image.jpg
    https://s22.postimg.org/c7ot9w5ox/image.jpg
    https://s22.postimg.org/ltidq6wup/image.jpg

So based on my understanding.

1. leave until week 3.
    2. make note of any NTK letters
    3. appeal to the operator(most likely rejected)
    4. get the appeal code from their rejected letters
    5. go to popla?

Also, can i just make a small note that i am a medical student and im afraid any court actions etc needs to be notified to GMC which could affect my career. Im doing my finals next year so really dont want to take any slim chances of having my medical degree compromised due to £100 fine. ((

just wanted to add that when i double check the note, the contravention code says to X marked relevant box, but they only X marked the F box but only used / on the G box.
    https://postimg.org/image/flu35rk19/

as attached. what do you guys think?
    also. just for reference. here is the street view.

https://postimg.org/image/xm33o83el/

they dont provide clear signs that the parkings are for their customers ONLY. and especially at night, just now, i was in a rush and couldnt find any usual signpoles or anything around the car parks.

Live links for pics.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • it seems that most of the cases from this company seem to be outdated but thanks to anyone who had replied!

i will hold onto paying the fines until day 12 and put it into my calendar. if anybody thinks they need extra information about the situation etc, im willing to provide if you can help me out of this but if nobody has any strong points to argue with this company, i guess ill surrender. :((
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,252
    Forumite
    edited 9 October 2016 at 9:31AM
    No one here will tell you to pay this. You will be funding some fat-cat's next holiday, their new flash motor or another pony for darling daughter to ride at the next village gymkhana.

It also perpetuates the scam and maybe the next victim won't have the funds to pay the charge - after all for some pensioners this is a week's food. If everyone refused to pay, the scam would be over in no time.

If you decide to ignore this, in view of the likely peripatetic nature of your work, you would need to update the PPC of your latest address (for the next 6 years) in case they surprisingly became litigious and papers were served at an address you'd already left. A default CCJ which would damage creditworthiness has been served on many motorists (by other PPCs) who have not updated them with new addresses.

Outside of this PCN, you need to inform the DVLA speedily of every change of address - this needs to be done for your driver licence and, separately, for your V5C (logbook) otherwise you are looking at a real fine - up to £1,000.

Good luck with your studies - whether you pay this outfit £60 or not, you've still got those 1,000 pages of medical books to read! :)

As you're clearly in 'learning mode', learn from this experience, read private parking signs very carefully before deciding to stay in the car park, where possible, avoid any car park operated by a PPC - and write to the retailer to tell them why you will not patronise their store.

Tell all your work colleagues about the nature of this scam - and how they can avoid getting into the clutches of the private parking skimdustry.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Ralph-y
    Ralph-y Posts: 4,563
    Forumite
    have you looked at appealing to the land owner / landlord yet ?

this is the only likely way to actually sort this out now ........

as allready said we do not advise paying .....

so please concider ...

This is a campaign of asking people to keep sending Theresa May actual hard copies of the trash they've been deluged with. Let her advisers' desks overflow with annoying paperwork re PPCs.

No emails, all letters from genuine people pouring their hearts out. Write to your MP as well as Mrs May:

https://bmpa.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/211923909-Why-not-write-to-your-MP

The more the better, write it yourself if you are able and enclose copies of the threatograms and rubbish thrown at you.

Do not do this by email - make your paperwork land with a thump on desks, just like it all landed in a very unwelcome way on your doormat.

Apparently the DCLG are looking to make an announcement before the year end so let's make MP's and Mrs May aware that action needs to be strong. You can be sure that the BPA and IPC suits are lobbying Parliament and meeting their friends in suits.

So let the consumers' voices be heard.

thanks

and

good luck

Ralph:cool:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts