Getting a mortgage and then becoming mortgage-free!

Comments

• Kittenkirst
    Kittenkirst Posts: 2,563 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Payday today finally :D

Bills money has been put into the right account, and the car boot sale money has just been OP'd making April a nice £101.38 so far :D
    Need to look at savings today as cash LISAs are not yet open, I may stash some money in a regular saver then some into a standard Savings account.

I also want to find out about savings bonds and see if worthwhile putting a small amount into there and stashing it away (I struggle with easy access funds with not spending them!) :D
    First home- Oct’16 until June’21: £170.995- Overpayments made £13,784 (25% extra!).
    New forever home- Sep’21 £309,449 @ 2.05%. Plan to clear it before 30 years!!!!!!
  • Kittenkirst
    So this morning has been interesting so far, I woke up to a kitten purring on my neck and licking it, and the other snuggling into my hand. Half asleep I assumed it was the morning and time to get up so sat stroking them for a while. Gf eventually woke and told me it was 12.30 and to go back to sleep.

Kittens snuggled down and went to sleep only to start all over again at 2.47am..... I'm a bit sleepy now but they are pretty darn cute!!
    First home- Oct’16 until June’21: £170.995- Overpayments made £13,784 (25% extra!).
    New forever home- Sep’21 £309,449 @ 2.05%. Plan to clear it before 30 years!!!!!!
  • debtfreeoneday
    debtfreeoneday Posts: 4,814 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Great Op's! Well done, I sneaky peeked at your IG page, the kittens are cute!
    DFW (08/08) £64,346.53 Gone (02/19)
    MFW (08/08) £118k Gone (09/23)
  • Kittenkirst
    Happy Easter all! I'm just about to pop the leg of lamb in the oven for a lovely Sunday roast! :easter_ba
  • Needhelpsaving
    Needhelpsaving Posts: 1,083 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Hi Kittenkirst,

Congrats on the new kitties. Just wanted to congratulate you on your MFW progress so far :T
    2022 Target - Reduce new mortgage balance after house move - Part 1 (Ported) Starting balance £39,982.12 currently £37,242.19 Part 2 Starting Balance £101,997.88 currently £96,197.38 (as at 19/04/2022)
  • Kittenkirst
    Thanks NeedHelpSaving :) hope you had a lovely Easter Sunday?

My big brother and his girlfriend are still here for the weekend- it's my brothers birthday today so I have got him a nice lemon sponge and some cake sparklers for later. Some presents are in a nice gift bag on the dining table waiting for them to wake (his meds usually mean he sleeps in until lunch time).

I bought lots of treat style things for this weekend as he doesn't visit often (he struggles with new places and lots of people you see) so it's a really wonderful weekend that he's here and doing well. Got some of those instant cinnamon rolls for a little later to pop in the oven (they are his fave!)

We are heading into town later as his gf wants to shop but we'll see how my brother gets on with the crowds....I'm hoping they wake earlier this morning so we can go in early then when it gets busy take him somewhere nice and quietish for lunch :)

Weekend was planned to be a bit spendy, we had a take out on Saturday and will have a lunch today before we drive him back to Oxfordshire.

He's loved spending time with the kittens- he's been wanting a new cat for a few years since his old tabby girl passed away but he's been waiting to check whether he can afford it. I think he may get himself a little rescue indoor cat in the autumn though seeing how he's been with our boys.

On the our boys note they are so naughty and adorable!! :D both been tearing around this morning fighting, rolling & battering each other but they've now both settled on my lap as I watch Doctor Foster (it's gripping!)

Will wash the leftover pots shortly and have a quick tidy up, then check banking and get ready for town!
  • newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 8,928 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Sounds like a successful Easter :)
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, month 17 completed and and extra 2 knocked off 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • Kittenkirst
    Not long back from dropping the brother home, due to a few accidents on the motorway (I truly hope they were all minor bumps!) it took a good four & a half hours to drop him off and get back home!

Cheese on toast has now been scoffed, beds stripped and in the washing machine and all bathrooms cleaned! Phew! Looking forward to a day of chilling tomorrow very much!
  • Kittenkirst
    Oh and 80p tilly tidy today :D
  • themadvix
    themadvix Posts: 7,881 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Sounds like you've had a lovely weekend KK! Enjoy the kittens while they're small enough to both fit on your lap - jealousy erupts when there's not room for both when they're older! :D
    Mortgage free 16/06/2023! £132,500 cleared in 11 years, 3 months and 7 days

'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback