Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 380
    • Fisa002
    • By Fisa002 22nd Feb 18, 5:27 PM
    • 111 Posts
    • 43 Thanks
    Fisa002
    Homebuyers report depends on the workload of the company doing it, obviously a nationwide referred report may go to a company with a busy backlog. Our vendor wouldnít take the property off the market until we confirmed we were happy with survey results so we got w local firm to do it. It was £390 but he did survey 2 days later and we got the report same day which was a relief for us!
    Originally posted by ashe
    Ah okay I received my homebuyers report today. Almost a week after valuation. Thankfully it all seems okay to me. I have forwarded it onto my solicitor.

The NW timescales are so hot and miss. I guess you was one of the lucky ones honestly speaking my application has dragged on forever. Iíll post up timeline once I get that darn offer !
    • Maria89
    • By Maria89 22nd Feb 18, 10:17 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Maria89
    Finally I can post about my experience.
    FTB using the equity loan htb
    Viewed and reserve property on 27/1/18
    We finally apply for a DIP with nationwide on 14/2/18
    Application submitted right after the DIP
    Valuation completed and received on the 16/2/18
    Nationwide requested bank statements from broker and immediately uploaded on 21/02/18
    Received mortgage offer 22/2/18.

Good luck to the people still waiting, nationwide have been brilliant and so has my broker.
    • loobiej1
    • By loobiej1 23rd Feb 18, 8:03 AM
    • 45 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    loobiej1
    Nationwide requested bank statements from broker and immediately uploaded on 21/02/18

Good luck to the people still waiting, nationwide have been brilliant and so has my broker.
    Originally posted by Maria89
    Congrats on mortgage offer
    Nw requested extra wage slip Weds after valuation which i sent straight over, hoping to hear something soon, 2 weeks today since we submitted application (10 working days)
    • Fisa002
    • By Fisa002 23rd Feb 18, 11:16 AM
    • 111 Posts
    • 43 Thanks
    Fisa002
    Congrats on mortgage offer
    Nw requested extra wage slip Weds after valuation which i sent straight over, hoping to hear something soon, 2 weeks today since we submitted application (10 working days)
    Originally posted by loobiej1
    Talking of texts earlier nationwide have just text me to say that they have received my valuation. It was carried out last Friday (17th) I already know it came back ok last week. Hopefully itís the last piece of the jigsaw
    • loobiej1
    • By loobiej1 23rd Feb 18, 11:33 AM
    • 45 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    loobiej1
    Talking of texts earlier nationwide have just text me to say that they have received my valuation. It was carried out last Friday (17th) I already know it came back ok last week. Hopefully itís the last piece of the jigsaw
    Originally posted by Fisa002
    I hope that is the final piece, i keep checking my emails and credit report, still cant see a hard search just a soft one on my experian.
    • Fisa002
    • By Fisa002 23rd Feb 18, 3:49 PM
    • 111 Posts
    • 43 Thanks
    Fisa002
    I hope that is the final piece, i keep checking my emails and credit report, still cant see a hard search just a soft one on my experian.

Same here. Just a soft check. It looks like were at the same stage. Really have my fingers x for you! Broker says end of today or Monday I should have an offer ! ...... well c
    • Greatgrace78
    • By Greatgrace78 23rd Feb 18, 5:31 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Greatgrace78
    Same here. Just a soft check. It looks like were at the same stage. Really have my fingers x for you! Broker says end of today or Monday I should have an offer ! ...... well c

Are you self employed, were you asked to submit your bank statement?

For self employed mortgages, is it only the SA302 that is required or are bank statements required too?

Thanks
    • Fisa002
    • By Fisa002 23rd Feb 18, 5:35 PM
    • 111 Posts
    • 43 Thanks
    Fisa002
    Are you self employed, were you asked to submit your bank statement?

For self employed mortgages, is it only the SA302 that is required or are bank statements required too?

Thanks
    Originally posted by Greatgrace78
    I required a sa302 from the accountant. Which was sent. However, nationwide also sent an accountants certificate directly to the accountant I complete and send back. They then wanted to know about dividends being used as mortgage deposit so wanted another letter from accountant.

Finally they just asked for proof of deposit so I sent my last bank statement which was 3 months worth. Hope that helps.
    • loobiej1
    • By loobiej1 23rd Feb 18, 6:39 PM
    • 45 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    loobiej1
    I wonder if we will see a hard check? My broker didnt say a time just said hopefully it would be sooner rather than later.
    • Fisa002
    • By Fisa002 23rd Feb 18, 7:35 PM
    • 111 Posts
    • 43 Thanks
    Fisa002
    I wonder if we will see a hard check? My broker didnt say a time just said hopefully it would be sooner rather than later.

Im only going off our applications and valuations being pretty similar times. I guess the broker has done you a favour. Sometimes the less we know the better otherwise may lead to disappointment.
    X
    • x_malibubabe
    • By x_malibubabe 23rd Feb 18, 7:40 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    x_malibubabe

Originally posted by Maria89
    We are almost the same dates as you. We had valuation on 16/2, requested bank statements on 20/2 and uploaded immediately yet still no offer
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,457Posts Today

8,217Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Thanks for all the tweets this week. I'm about to sign off for the weekend. See you next week. Have a good one. Martin

• RT @TimesMoney: Is this how you feel about your student loan? @MartinSLewis has some advice for you. Read our exclusive interview in @Times?

• RT @brokenbottleboy: @MartinSLewis I look better now than I did when I was in my twenties. Grey hair has been a good thing!

• Follow Martin