Endectrid

Hi

Our vet is recommending Endectrid for flea and lungworm prevention for our dog. Endectrid comes under the Mipet range which is owned by a company called CVS.

Mipet CVS
© 2016 CVS (UK) Limited. All Rights Reserved.
Company Registration Number 03777473 – Registered Office: CVS House, Owen Road, Diss, Norfolk, IP22 4ER.

My vets are owned by
© CVS (UK) Limited 2016; Registered in England; Company Number 3777473;
Registered Office: CVS House, Vinces Road, Diss, Norfolk, IP22 4AY

So looks like my vets are pushing their own product.

Conflict of interest?

I am wondering if I should stick with Frontline/Milbemax

Comments

• sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,011 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    Endectrid appears to be an own brand version of advocate and is only available to buy from associated vet surgeries. Like buying paracetamol instead of Panadol.

https://www.facebook.com/192115747486030/posts/950644794966451
  • pilgrimdave
    pilgrimdave Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 20 December 2016 at 12:37AM
    Some useful info on Endectrid on the petforums website (search on '"petforums endectrid"). According to the link, it seems it is only available to Vets through an exclusive vets supplier, providing reduced wholesale costs. Whether these reductions are passed on to the vet owners I have no idea. What do you think? The product, according to the link, has similar active ingredients to Advocate. My vet has also recommended Endectrid inferring there is immunity to Front line after some time, which I can appreciate, but there are no real issues nor have been with my cats re fleas whilst on Frontline for many years. They scratch as do most cats, there are no skin infections, there are no apparent fleas around the house etc. So my next port of call will be to assess prices on Advocate and compare these with the price charged for Endectrid through my vet, and to see whether Advocate is available through commercial pet treatment suppliers. Perhaps a few months on the new active ingredient, then swap back to Front line is a compromise?
  • KxMx
    KxMx Posts: 10,592 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Yes the Vets are pushing their own product, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

My Cat has had it for over a year now (I'm signed up to the Healthy Pet Club also where it's provided at no additional cost) with no problems.

Buying it as stand alone before HPC I didn't find it as cheap as was promised (compared to them supplying Stronghold or paying for a prescription and buying online) but that's a null issue now.
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    I've just been persuaded to buy a pipette of this from my vet after being told the likes of Frontline and anything online no longer works. Is this really the case or was I spun a yarn in order to push a sale?
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• kayaitch
    kayaitch Posts: 78 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Frontline did not work on my kitten. He still had live fleas all through June. At the beginning of July I took him to the vet for his vaccinations, and he was given Endectrid. It worked instantly. The fleas I combed out were dead. And after a thorough combing, there is no more flea dirt, it's all gone. That's good enough for me.
  • w06
    w06 Posts: 917 Forumite
    Endectrid, Advocate, and Moxiclear all have the same active ingredients (Imidacloprid, Moxidectin) nothing wrong with a corporate vet practice having and recommending its own brand. You'd expect Morrisons to sell Morrisons baked beans and Tesco to sell Tesco's wouldn't you?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure