PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat!

Comments

• silvasava
    silvasava Posts: 4,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Fingers, toes and eyes crossed for you Nurse Maggie X
    Karcher - maybe another hottie as a spare for Justin? To be without one is a dire emergency for me! DH bought me a rather expensive gel pack thingy that had a small metal disc in it that you cracked and it became magically hot - very impressive but not as good as my lovely hottie so now it languishes at the back of the medicine cupboard.
    Cold and frosty here - looks lovely from inside in the warm but I'll bite the bullet and walk up to the village in a wee while.
    Monna - your day sounds heavenly!
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,952 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I want a day in the kitchen with classic FM ( <<sigh, I must be getting old as i am not hankering for a day in the bedroom with Leo Dicaprio :o:rotfl:>>:rotfl:)

Ahem!! Instead I have to go to Reading....
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Hope it goes ok nursemaggie. Prayers are with you. xx

I have a GP appointment this afternoon to discuss the results of the blood test I had in December. Sigh. All I have to do is remember to go!

((HUGS)) to everyone, and WELCOME to LilySue :)
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,241 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    NM hope it all goes well for the bunhalow xx
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • I am back nurse maggie . I am sending you both hopeful vibes and all good wishes that today goes well . Thank you for thinking of me . I have been on a mission . Gosh avoiding the dreaded Apostrophe is hard .

This is a quick post I will be back later .

Drumroll required at this point . After 20 long years fighting the wrong diagnosis dd and I sat with a consultant psychiatrist late yesterday afternoon who finally sorted the whole painful and damaging mess . He was holding a very long referral letter from our GP as he did it . I swear if I could clone our Dr he would be sent to all of you struggling to be heard by those who are either not listening or understanding .

Still trying to come back to earth . I had to check emails to family I sent last night when I woke this morning . I thought yesterday was a dream .

polly x
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
  • fuddle
    fuddle Posts: 6,823 Forumite
    Polly without understanding I can see that something massive has happened and you're on cloud 9. How is DD about it all? Welcome back Polly. How are you? Have you recovered from the illness a wee while ago?

Well wishes from here NM. You've been on one long saga to try to find quiet contentment. Let's hope it is your turn and can we have well wishes for Lyn today too? She's off house hunting and although she never grumbles, Lyn is often traveling to look at houses that just haven't been suitable. Today she's doing the trip again to see a few more.
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,952 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Good luck MrsLW and NM in the house hunting. Got everything crossed

SOunds like great news Polly.

I am still on a train to Reading....
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • It's cold here in Reading VJSMUM.
    I'm providing child care as dd2 has started training for her new job, I have two DGC's today and tomorrow. Next week is half term so l shall be looking after all four of them from 8 til 4 for five days!
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • nursemaggie
    nursemaggie Posts: 2,608 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Well It was nearly perfect. Kitchen not a bad size, big living room, a shower room rather than bathroom the same as here, that suits us fine we never use a bath.

Bedrooms have modern fitted wardrobes not those things that go all round your bed so that only one size bed will fit in. DS gets two chests of draws too. No excuse to keep half his clothes on the floor and the other half on the bed. No big mirror doors so it wont multiply DS's mess.

Little bedroom could be a little bigger DS thinks he can just get his desk in. Tiny garden, DS looked at the lawn and remarked we don't need to buy a lawnmower with that. A decent sized garage so lots of thing we have in the way can go out there. We will put our own wardrobes out there for storage. Can't you tell we have already moved in.

Mr T is about 5 minutes walk and so is Lid!

DS has decided to buy a motor bike so the garage will be a good secure place to keep it.

I'm sat here with hot cross buns and a coffee and reading the application form.

So pleased for you both Polly.

Hester, Hope you don't have 4 to babysit on the boat, not much room and you would have at least two in the cut before they go home.

Going to Macmillan tomorrow to sort out benefits. Eating an Eaton Mess Cookie now, I had better shut my eyes when I get on the scales at the next appointment at the Christie.

I hope you don't have your eyes crossed silva if that cold wind comes back you will stick like that.
  • No NM, I look after them at their house, much easier that way.

DD2 finished early so I've come home to do a boat clean, then I'm hoping to cut out a couple of cloth bags from an old pair of curtains.
    Chin up, Titus out.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure