Squidoo vs Hubpages

I've just wrote my first lens on Squidoo and am wondering if I should also sign up to Hubpages as well.

Has anyone else used these sites?

Is there one you prefer over the other, if so why?

Are there any similar sites you could recommend?

I'm basically thinking about writing each lens and then copy and pasting it over as many sites as possible to maximise my earning potential. It won't make me a millionaire but a few extra quid is always welcome. :rotfl:

Comments

• Squidoo is easier to use and I think it gets more traffic.

I only tried Hubpages once and didn't really get it.
  • Anglea
    Anglea Posts: 7,204 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Hi,

I did some research into Squidoo and simlar and discovered that since Google Panda has been introduced the best site is Squidoo and another one whose name has eluded me this moment but instead of lenses each page is called a leaf.

You have write test pages that have to be accepted in order to get started on that one. I can find out the name if you wish, on my bookmarks somewhere.

I am planning some pages for Squidoo and so wouldn't mind asking you some questions if that is ok.
  • shmeeko69
    shmeeko69 Posts: 392 Forumite
    edited 7 December 2012 at 4:12PM
    MinxyChick wrote: »
    I've just wrote my first lens on Squidoo and am wondering if I should also sign up to Hubpages as well.

Has anyone else used these sites?

Is there one you prefer over the other, if so why?

Are there any similar sites you could recommend?

I'm basically thinking about writing each lens and then copy and pasting it over as many sites as possible to maximise my earning potential. It won't make me a millionaire but a few extra quid is always welcome. :rotfl:

I used squidoo a couple of years back and found it ok, although you need to keep your lens updated or it won't be kept in public view for people to find via the main search engines like Google, Yahoo and Bing.

If you're writing smilar content then, squidoo (PR7) is slightly better than hubpages (PR6), as it has a better rating with Google and will usually rank higher.

Mark :)
    Lao Tzu - "Give a man a fish and feed him for a day, teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime"

Derek Bok - "If you think education is expensive, try ignorance"
  • _Andy_
    _Andy_ Posts: 11,150 Forumite
    Squidoo generally better, however as mentioned it needs to be updated.

Forget about your plan to copy/paste - duplicate content is not a good idea.
  • Hubpages and squidoo both are really good to get traffic to a site. Squidoo is more popular because they get PR from google very quickly than hubpages and it has got more traffic than hubpages.

Hubpages is also good but the hub should be created in the right section and without any kind of grammatical error. Thus there will be chance to become featured in hubpages. :)
    AntFrit
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport