Disneyland Paris/EuroDisney - Questions & Answers

Options

Comments

• mrsdriver
    Options
    Looking at the Sun deal it doesn't see there's an option to stay overnight at a hotel of your choice. The only option is to 'upgrade' to one of the Disney hotels.
  • claireyp76
    Options
    Hi All,

I am desperately waiting to book a holiday at Disneyland Paris for the end of March. At the moment Disneyland Paris are only doing 25% off for that time of the year. This offer is due to expire on 28th November.

I know there has been a flash sale quite recently. Does anyone think there will be another one soon or the next set of deals after 28th November will be better?

Basically my question is should I book now or hang on for a better deal?

Thank you!!
  • Rachie_B
    Rachie_B Posts: 8,785 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    mrsdriver wrote: »
    Looking at the Sun deal it doesn't see there's an option to stay overnight at a hotel of your choice. The only option is to 'upgrade' to one of the Disney hotels.
    you can book your own hotel ...

we just used the Sun deal for the cheap day tickets ... then booked hotel with Expedia and Eurotunnel using tesco deals
  • rowens101
    Options
    Ok so i'm condsidering doing the sun deal for the first time, could somebody please advise on best way of booking a day at park, eurotunnel and hotel please, maybey Rachie B?

I'm thinking book sun tix online for Monday 26th march, exchange £15 of tesco vouchers to then phone eurotunnel and book midday crossing sunday (maybe sight see in paris?) and 21.30ish crossing on the monday (quotes £51 on website) and then expedia or a like to book disney hotel for the sunday.

Does this sound like a good plan please? Hoping to make use of someone elses experience ;)
  • Rachie_B
    Rachie_B Posts: 8,785 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    rowens101 wrote: »
    Ok so i'm condsidering doing the sun deal for the first time, could somebody please advise on best way of booking a day at park, eurotunnel and hotel please, maybey Rachie B?

I'm thinking book sun tix online for Monday 26th march, exchange £15 of tesco vouchers to then phone eurotunnel and book midday crossing sunday (maybe sight see in paris?) and 21.30ish crossing on the monday (quotes £51 on website) and then expedia or a like to book disney hotel for the sunday.

Does this sound like a good plan please? Hoping to make use of someone elses experience ;)

yeah same as we did,had no problems at all :) = cheap DLP fix :D:T

we always go on an early morning eurotunnel crossing though ( drive up from south wales the night before and stay overnight in a cheapy prem inn / travelodge etc)

are you planning on driving into Paris?! much easier to get to Disney area and then get the train into Paris
    dont forget to add in fuel and tolls to your budget oh and food ! very expensive @ Disney ! but we bring lots of snacks etc and tend to eat one bigger meal a day either in the Disney Village or in Val d'europe

but hey you will have saved loads on the tickets and travel so can splash out a little on a meal :)
  • you-snooze-you-loose
    Options
    if you have luggage, a pushchair and 3 of you it will definitely be more convenient to get a shuttle/taxi transfer. When you factor in the train times etc, you will probably arrive at DLP at around the same time as taking the train, if not earlier, and its much easier, because your taxi will meet you usually at your arrivals gate exit or very nearby. If you book online and pay shared shuttle price (even though you may end up not sharing with anyone else at all) it will probably cost about the same as the TGV train, it might even be cheaper (it was for us earlier this month :)). We used RS transport.

For a flight leaving CDG at 8pm, I'd want to arrive at the airport for around 6pm. If you're using a transfer taxi/shuttle, you should get picked up at 5pm or before (in case of rush-hour traffic). If you're taking the TGV back from DLP to CDG, it really is only a 10-minute journey, so getting a TGV at just before 6pm will be fine.

To be honest, it would be more of a hassle getting your DD, a buggy and 3 cases on the onsite hotels shuttles in the morning to take everything to the train station lockers for your last day, over just leaving the park at say 4.30pm and heading back to your hotel to pick up your luggage from the store there and getting picked up by a shared shuttle transfer. Obviously if you're going to take the TGV back from DLP to CDG, it would make sense to take your luggage to the train station in the morning (but be aware that the onsite hotels shuttles get very busy each morning up til after 10am).

On accuweather.com it does look it might be getting colder from around the time you get to DLP, so layers would be the way to go - we had blinding sunshine and t-shirt weather some days last week, and cold enough for coat hat and gloves another ;).

thank you so much for your reply hun

we are taking a buggy , 2 hand luggage cases and a back pack duno how everything will fit but decided we prob wont carry much more anyway so no point paying extra

hope you dont find me cheeky but how much was the shuttle ?

sounds the best option from what you have said and might be nice to see abit of france too , we drove last year but would be good to sit back and enjoy the journey ! also do they have / do we need car seats ? in a taxi here i just used a hand luggage case like a booster and sat dd in between us and held on to her so would that work ?

also if we book it do they ask for flight number ? or how would they know if we are delayed ? are there times flexible if shared and they have constant shuttles ?

sorry about the questions and thank you
    xxx
  • balletshoes
    balletshoes Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    edited 19 November 2011 at 6:30PM
    Options
    thank you so much for your reply hun

we are taking a buggy , 2 hand luggage cases and a back pack duno how everything will fit but decided we prob wont carry much more anyway so no point paying extra

hope you dont find me cheeky but how much was the shuttle ?

sounds the best option from what you have said and might be nice to see abit of france too , we drove last year but would be good to sit back and enjoy the journey ! also do they have / do we need car seats ? in a taxi here i just used a hand luggage case like a booster and sat dd in between us and held on to her so would that work ?

also if we book it do they ask for flight number ? or how would they know if we are delayed ? are there times flexible if shared and they have constant shuttles ?

sorry about the questions and thank you
    xxx

if you have a look on the website -

http://www.rstransports.com/

it looks like it would be a total of 88 euros for all of you, return journey, shared shuttle, with a suitable car seat for your little one.

I can't remember if we gave flight times - we were a little early for our agreed pick-up time so I gave them a call and they arrived within a few minutes. rstransports works out of CDG so they won't ever be far away from you :).

they have always been very helpful in my experience, I've used them 3 times now and they've always been punctual and driven us safely to DLP (oh, and we've paid shared shuttle price twice and not had to share at all).
  • blue_monkey_2
    blue_monkey_2 Posts: 11,435 Forumite
    Options
    Rachie_B wrote: »

we always go on an early morning eurotunnel crossing though ( drive up from south wales the night before and stay overnight in a cheapy prem inn / travelodge etc)

are you planning on driving into Paris?! much easier to get to Disney area and then get the train into Paris
    dont forget to add in fuel and tolls to your budget oh and food ! very expensive @ Disney ! but we bring lots of snacks etc and tend to eat one bigger meal a day either in the Disney Village or in Val d'europe

but hey you will have saved loads on the tickets and travel so can splash out a little on a meal :)

Also, please do forget Travel Insurance, Green Card so you can drive your car in Europe and also breakdown cover. You never know.
  • rowens101
    Options
    Rachie_B wrote: »

Thank you for your reply, good point on the train, sounds a better idea. Might look into a cheapy travel lodge too, more time in Paris then. Although more spending money would be needed.
  • rowens101
    Options
    Also, please do forget Travel Insurance, Green Card so you can drive your car in Europe and also breakdown cover. You never know.

Green card?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport