Emirates Dubai stopover

As a treat for a big birthday im looking to book first class Emirates tickets for myself and husband to go to Vietnam in March.

The flight goes via Dubai both ways, and we would like to stop off there for 3 nights on the way back.

The problem is compared to a regular return flight with no extended in stopover the price is £3400 but when I select the multi city flight option with 3 days in dubai (where we are transferring anyway) the price goes up to £6200!

I read that Emirates offer a "free stopover in Dubai", can anyone advise how this works?

In case it makes a difference I'm looking to book with a third party site, not Emirates directly.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• eDicky
    eDicky Posts: 6,572 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    19lottie82 wrote: »
    I read that Emirates offer a "free stopover in Dubai", can anyone advise how this works?

In case it makes a difference I'm looking to book with a third party site, not Emirates directly.
    Try Emirates directly and see if the price is different with the 3-day DXB stopover.
    Evolution, not revolution
  • Blue264
    Blue264 Posts: 1,570 Forumite
    As a treat for a big birthday im looking to book first class Emirates tickets for myself and husband to go to Vietnam in March.
    First off, the First Class capsules are fun, but you will be alone in them. If you want to be alongside your husband during the flight, you're better looking at Business Class.

It makes the world of difference that you're primarily looking at 3rd party sites. They will offer you the cheapest fare in each class, when there are literally dozens of fare combinations available. First Class only has 2 or 3 fare types available, but you need to speak to an Emirates agent to discuss the fare rules in depth for each option.

In each cabin class, Emirates have at least one fare option that offers a break in travel. You need to ask for a quote that is the lowest available fare for the outbound sectors, but where you can have a 72hr break in travel between the return sectors. If you decide upon Business Class, make sure that the particular fare you book entitles you to complimentary limo transfers.

Pleaase don't confuse this with Emirates free stopover offer. That is for passengers whose first available connecting flight from Dubai is 8hrs or more after their arrival in Dubai.
  • 19lottie82
    19lottie82 Posts: 6,027 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    eDicky wrote: »
    Try Emirates directly and see if the price is different with the 3-day DXB stopover.

I would but the third party ticket is £3400 and the Emirates is £6000 (without stopover)
  • peachyprice
    peachyprice Posts: 22,346 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 17 July 2017 at 11:49AM
    I'm not sure why you're booking through a 3rd party rather than Emirates, but I think this is where the problem lies.

With Emirates you (or your agent) book and pay for your tickets then contact them once your flights are confirmed to add the stopover,

https://www.emirates.com/english/destinations_offers/dubai_stopovers/how_to_plan/how_to_plan.aspx

Or you can do a multi city booking, which I think bumps the price up a little, but not double.

https://www.emirates.com/english/help/faq/194174/how-can-i-book-a-stopover

I think the third party you are trying to book through are probably trying to book separate flights HAN-DXB/DXB-LON on separate tickets.

Booking through a 3rd party is very rarely the best option.
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
  • peachyprice
    I would but the third party ticket is £3400 and the Emirates is £6000 (without stopover)

Is that for both, or PP?

I would be very wary of that price if it's for both, it's likely that once you actually come to book the price will jump, it's probably not a live price on the 3rd party website.
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
  • Blue264
    Blue264 Posts: 1,570 Forumite
    Booking your Dubai StopoverIt’s simple and easy to book

Booking a Dubai Stopover is simple. Once you’ve booked and paid for your Emirates flight, just contact our Local Emirates office** to add a stopover onto your booking.
    https://www.emirates.com/english/destinations_offers/dubai_stopovers/dubai-stopovers.aspx
  • eDicky
    eDicky Posts: 6,572 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Are your dates flexible? I saw £39xx second half of March with or without stopover.
    Evolution, not revolution
  • peachyprice
    Blue264 wrote: »

Pleaase don't confuse this with Emirates free stopover offer. That is for passengers whose first available connecting flight from Dubai is 8hrs or more after their arrival in Dubai.

You can still have a 'free' stopover on connecting flights (as in it doesn't alter the price of the flight), just the hotel isn't free, but who would expect it to be for 3 days!

Dubai Connect is the free stopover which includes a hotel if there is not an available connection between 8 and 24hrs.
  • peachyprice
    eDicky wrote: »
    Are your dates flexible? I saw £39xx second half of March with or without stopover.

Me too, even less as the beginning of March.
  • 19lottie82
    19lottie82 Posts: 6,027 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Is that for both, or PP?

I would be very wary of that price if it's for both, it's likely that once you actually come to book the price will jump, it's probably not a live price on the 3rd party website.

I had a quick look last week and it looked like it, I progressed as far as the payment page, but I will bear that in mind, thank you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure