The Great Hunt: What are your cheap theatre tips?

2»

Comments

• TBagpuss
    TBagpuss Posts: 11,199 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Both my local theatres have slightly cheaper tickets during the week than on Fridays or Saturdays, they also offer a discount if you book several productions at the same time
    All posts are my personal opinion, not formal advice Always get proper, professional advice (particularly about anything legal!)
  • plainchoc
    plainchoc Posts: 29 Forumite
    My local Vue cinema has west end shows, that are shown live at the cinema. It's a cheaper alternative as most shows seem to be a maximum of £15.
  • BlaEm
    BlaEm Posts: 213 Forumite
    tindella wrote: »
    I think the person was apologising for answering with regard to London - not insinuating that there are no theatres north of Watford! Since you obviously live up north, what tips do you have for cheap tickets?

Yes, exactly this - I can only give tips for what I know Petaldust, calm down. Do you have anything relevant to share?
  • Cheap theatre tickets? It's not hard, just buy the cheap tickets at the back of the theatre. MY dad always took us to see shows. It doesn't have to be expensive.
  • superbargainhunter
    superbargainhunter Posts: 26 Forumite
    edited 12 March 2016 at 2:08PM
    I bought tickets from https://www.londontheatredirect.com as this website allows you to select your tickets by looking at a seating plan, so you know exactly where you will be sitting.( Lastminute.com and other sites do not do this.) I then opened another tab and looked up these seats on http://www.seatplan.com/uk/london/
    This gives reviews of individual seats, and sometimes a photo showing the view of the stage. Even if there is not a review of your seat, there is usually one of seats in your row so you can make an informed decision. This is great if you are thinking of buying restricted view seats, which are cheaper, you can see how restricted the view actually is.
  • kazt2006
    kazt2006 Posts: 54 Forumite
    I look at opening night deals at local theatre (definitely available outside London) where tickets are either a fixed price or 2 for 1. Going in a couple of weeks to see the touring production of "Of Mice and Men" for £25 for 2 people including postage! Could have saved £1 collecting from box office but no idea when I'd next be passing!

Local amateurs can also be excellent value. Recently we have seen "A Taste of Honey", "Oliver" & "Yes Prime Minister" to name but a few!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure