Has Marks and Spencer refused you a refund? Post details here.

Comments

• dmg24
    dmg24 Posts: 33,925 Forumite
    rammy007 wrote: »
    you arent meant to use someone elses card though are you.

You can if you have their express authority.

There is a big difference using a strangers card and using your parents/ partners card, and with chip and pin who is to know?!

If it means gerturdeanna getting their cash back rather than a credit note that they will not use, then assuming their mum is ok with it, I don't see the problem.
    Gone ... or have I?
  • rammy007
    rammy007 Posts: 1,050 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Its if the tills start throwing out authorisations or asking for signatures,i am not sure its right to be saying use someone elses card i am sure the majority of people wouldnt want to do this and leaves you wide open if anything happens at the bank.
  • morning
    just wondered if anyone could help with this!!
    found out on xmas day that my brother in america had ordered us a hamper from m+s,very nice,apart from we haven't seen it yet.
    i really don't think i want the xmas goodies once they do get here if they do.
    will i be able to take it in the store and get a refund.
    please help has anyone else had the same problem????
  • YAZZA_3
    YAZZA_3 Posts: 91 Forumite
    johnoo76 wrote: »
    morning
    just wondered if anyone could help with this!!
    found out on xmas day that my brother in america had ordered us a hamper from m+s,very nice,apart from we haven't seen it yet.
    i really don't think i want the xmas goodies once they do get here if they do.
    will i be able to take it in the store and get a refund.
    please help has anyone else had the same problem????

probably you can do as long as you have got a receipt and within the time period. But they might not let you because of what's in the hamper because of health and safety issues.
  • dmg24 wrote: »
    You can if you have their express authority.

There is a big difference using a strangers card and using your parents/ partners card, and with chip and pin who is to know?!

If it means gerturdeanna getting their cash back rather than a credit note that they will not use, then assuming their mum is ok with it, I don't see the problem.

... *if* you've let the bank know.
    with most banks giving ANYONE your PIN number constitues a breach of the T+Cs, and will count against you heavily if you ever have your card stolen etc.

As for the original topic... I still don't understand where people get the idea that they are entitled to a refund just because they've changed their bloody minds. It's a shop, not a library.
  • Techno
    Techno Posts: 1,169 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    When I were a lass and M&S gave cash refunds with or without a receipt, someone my mum knew used to shoplift from M&S then take it back for the refund - now that's really taking their refund policy to the limit!!:rolleyes:
    ;) If you think you are too small to make a difference, try getting in bed with a mosquito!
  • ^!£$&
    ^!£$& Posts: 1,929 Forumite
    Please can anyone help my dear mom gave me some hideous trousers for xmas which i want to take back but knowing her she's a thrifty woman she would have purchased them in a sale- she doesnt pay full price for anything!! (probably mid season or summer etc.. as she buys all yr round) I dont mind having a credit note at last selling price but am now wondering whether they will even give me that??
  • gkf
    gkf Posts: 404 Forumite
    snowbrow wrote: »
    Please can anyone help my dear mom gave me some hideous trousers for xmas which i want to take back but knowing her she's a thrifty woman she would have purchased them in a sale- she doesnt pay full price for anything!! (probably mid season or summer etc.. as she buys all yr round) I dont mind having a credit note at last selling price but am now wondering whether they will even give me that??

Just ask for a price check at any till first and then you will know what the current price is. If they were bought ages ago and gone in a sale, the last price will be 1p!
  • Elitist
    Elitist Posts: 72 Forumite
    Hello,

I've got 2 necklaces that I bought at the end of October for christmas presents for my sisters in law but in the end I had to buy them something different (don't even ask!). I've searched everywhere and I can't find my receipt (eventhough I can find the one for the sushi I bought in their foodhall on the same day, grrr!), I've got my bank statement and I know all the things that I bought that day that come to that amount, and as someone mentioned previously I know that it is possible for them to look up any transactions made regardless of whether it was on an M&S card or not, but is there any way I can persuade them to do this? Both of the items have gone into the sale now and are selling at less than half of what I paid for them, so I really don't want to take them back at their sale price.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Edit: I forgot to say, I phoned up the branch that I bought the items at and explained the situation and that I have my statement etc and they said that my statement wasn't sufficient and I would only get sale value of them.
  • I'm reliably told by a female friend who was in M&S yesterday, that the staff are warning purchasers of sale items/women's clothes that refunds will not be given.

Which is seemingly causing some annoyance ... because the ladies now have to use the changing rooms instead of their usual "trying it on at home & taking it back if it doesn't fit."

I can see why they're annoyed. It's bloody freezing outside, everyones wearing umpteen layers of clothes, getting undressed and dressed again in a teeny little cubicle is a major hassle. My friend was going to buy loads of stuff but came back empty handed. Their loss.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure