Comping Guide - Getting Started & Other FAQs

Comments

• Amilucky?
    Amilucky? Posts: 13,790
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    costello75 wrote: »
    What is the post-win etiquette? Is it enough to thank by return email when email is used to inform you of a win, or should you also send a thank you email after receipt of a prize?

I thank them for the wem (winners email)

and then when the prize has been received I send them an email to thank them for the prize and confirm that it has been received

not only is it good etiquette to inform them that you have received your prize they also very much appreciate it ;)

Best of Luck :)
  • Amilucky?
    Amilucky? Posts: 13,790
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 7 August 2010 at 10:47AM
    I didn't think that anything could improve my Google searches but I was wrong! I have just come across a great free program called iMetasearch

it takes your search and then provides 100 links which are then categorized into groups and it also sorts out the relevant scores of all the results :cool:

it's available here
    http://www.puffinwarellc.com/

Best of Luck :)
  • Some MSE Compers set up a separate email account just to use for comp entries, so any junk sent will not clog up your usual email account. If you set up a separate account though, make sure you check it!

I am what you would call an organised MSE Comper, (or I am a little OCD about some things), so if I have to register for a newsletter to enter a comp, I make a note of the promoter & the comp end date, (using a program written especially for me), but you could use a spreadsheet, a word document or even a piece of paper. Once the end date has passed I know I can safely unsubscribe from that newsletter without disqualifying myself from the comp if I’m not interested in receiving the newsletter anymore. Other MSE Compers don’t worry about unsubscribing though as it is just a comping email address & they trawl through each day to check for Winning Emails (WEMs).
  • ziggycj
    ziggycj Posts: 306
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Do the site which send alot of spam actually work? Coz Ive joined Myoffers and get some junk but overall isnt it still worth it if i might actually win something
  • I have never known anyone win from 'My Offers' HTH x
    2023 wins - Rice Krispies, Avene Micellar Gel, Barbie Toy, £20 Apple Gift Card, KFC 6 piece bargain bucket, Chloe Nomade perfume, Barbie Toy (second one), Sanctuary Spa Sleep Balm, E45 Moisturising Lotion, Trolls Hamper, 12 Tonie Characters, Sure deodorant, Good Home Utensil holder, £5 Costa Gift Card, Neutrogena Micellar Jelly, Soap & Glory Mascara, Persil capsules,  
  • ellie43
    ellie43 Posts: 446 Forumite
    edited 7 September 2010 at 7:00PM
    Browsing through this great guide I found Kisto's twitter step by step guide very useful. http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=29452369&highlight=twitter#post29452369

This is also a useful guide of many of the functions within twitter http://www.compersgrapevine.co.uk/site/16.asp

I was wondering if someone could do something similar for facebook, as I feel I haven't really got to grips with all the ways in which facebook comps work. Anyone do lots of facebook comps and would like to jot down a beginners guide? I don't want to mess up a fellow compers chances by not doing the right thing:o
    'Now sir you tell me the world's changed
    Once I made you rich enough
    Rich enough to forget my name'
    Youngstown

Eleventh Heaven = no 166 - none yet but 50 weeks to go:cool:

• What's the best comp you've ever won?
  • zoeyb
    zoeyb Posts: 10 Forumite
    Just wanted to say thanks to all posters who list the comps - I have just started comping today and have entered over 200 - wish me luck, I really need some :(
    Total won so far.......................£0 - but hopeful!:)
    Bank charges reclaimed:
    £800.00 - Alliance & Leicester :T
    £2300.00 - Nationwide :T
  • I'm having trouble subscribing to the competition time forum. I have followed the steps shown, but the next day I don't get an email, could someone try and tell me what the problem is?
  • MrsTabs
    MrsTabs Posts: 121 Forumite
    hi just a quickie I have stopped receiving my daily emails from the comp thread

I have had about a month off comping so this may be why, but I have unsubscribed and resubscribed and still nothing

frustrating as I now have time again!

hope someone can help

many thanks
    Back after a long break!

Looking to get back in the winning way :j

Massive thanks to all who post comps!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income