Comping Guide - Getting Started & Other FAQs

Comments

• fire**fly
    fire**fly Posts: 147,789
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    It looks like MSE Megan has taken a copy of the "4 Do any sites not want their comps/answers posted?" list and posted it as a sticky on the Compers Chat Corner, HERE, but with the addition on the bottom of:-
    cecilylovesbeauty.wordpress.com - No comps
    OMG Magazine - No comps

Presumably the actual list should be updated accordingly.

hi bob, I sent VG a pm earlier when the new list was
    posted so hopefully she's aware of it now & will amend the comping guide with new details.
    please be a responsible pet owner & spay/neuter your pets, too many strays & not enough homes for them sadly. k2u58ioz4c8e.png

• thingamaBob
    thingamaBob Posts: 21,232
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    The three sites on the list of sites that don't want answers posted:-

BookDagger.com - Don't post answers
    BookGeeks.co.uk - Don't post answers
    BookHugger.co.uk - Don't post answers

are no longer sites in their own right but are now part of
    Nudge-Book.com. So they should be removed from the list. The new site does not normally have questions for their comps but I suppose they should be put on the list in case they do at some point.
  • fire**fly
    Forumite
    hi vg, pm sent you,
    site here requests that their comps are not posted on comp sites,
    could you please add to the comping guide list,

www.thesundaygirl.com

pm request also sent to MSE Megan
    Sticky: Websites that don't want their competitions posted on MSE

thank you.
    please be a responsible pet owner & spay/neuter your pets, too many strays & not enough homes for them sadly. k2u58ioz4c8e.png

• fire**fly
    Forumite
    edited 20 April 2015 at 6:12PM
    hi vg, pm sent you,
    site/blog here requests that their comps are not posted
    on comp sites,

https://lunchbreakadventures.wordpress.com/2015/04/20/stationery-brands-for-national-stationery-week/

(text below taken from blog site in relation to blog owner
    re comps/etc are not posted on comp site..

I’m really sorry, but I had to close down my giveaway 2h after my post went online. The reason is, that it has been picked up by spam and competition websites and within 2h I was flooded with thousands of spam accounts. My morning has been extremely exhausting from disqualifying people and contacting websites to remove my giveaway. I would have not been able to go through that hassle for another 4 days. That’s why I’ve closed the Rafflecopter form.
    This makes me really sad, because I’d like to engage with my readers and target audience and not attract spam and robot accounts. My aim was to say Thank You to my fellow bloggers and also to gain valuable new readers. It really sucks the joy out of a giveaway plus it has taken me a lot of time preparing and executing this giveaway. In the future, I will refrain from competitions and release a separate statement in the next week.

forum thread..
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=68228327&posted=1#post68228327

thank you.

• VelvetGlove
    VelvetGlove Posts: 12,008
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Thanks for letting me know, I'll get it onto the Guide tomorrow night when I get in from work and have a nice clear head :) x
    Sad because you don't know what to do? :sad: Comping question? Take a look in the Comping Guide to find out :smiley:
  • fire**fly
    Forumite
    fire**fly wrote: »
    hi vg, pm sent you,
    site here requests that their comps are not posted on comp sites,

www.thesundaygirl.com

thank you.
    fire**fly wrote: »
    hi vg, pm sent you,
    site/blog here requests that their comps are not posted
    on comp sites,

https://lunchbreakadventures.wordpress.com/2015/04/20/stationery-brands-for-national-stationery-week/

thank you.
    Thanks for letting me know, I'll get it onto the Guide tomorrow night when I get in from work and have a nice clear head :) x

hi, thanks VG,
    both sites are now added to the

:)

• VelvetGlove
    Forumite
    Had a little shuffle around with the new sites that don't want comps/answers posted and amendments made.

Thanks for the updates folks! Please do keep updating me so I can keep the list relevant x
    Sad because you don't know what to do? :sad: Comping question? Take a look in the Comping Guide to find out :smiley:
  • fire**fly
    Forumite
    Had a little shuffle around with the new sites that don't want comps/answers posted and amendments made.

Thanks for the updates folks! Please do keep updating me so I can keep the list relevant x

thanks VG :A

• mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,878
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    From this thread the Mail have requested that the answers to their daily questions are not posted on the forum.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5010563
  • VelvetGlove
    Forumite
    mjm3346 wrote: »
    From this thread the Mail have requested that the answers to their daily questions are not posted on the forum.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5010563

Hi mjm3346, unless I'm missing something, that isn't a comp thread as it's in Discount Codes 'n Vouchers. (Apologies, it's been a hard week, with long hours so I could be missing something very obvious!!)

Can you narrow it down for me please, exactly what comp thread is posting quesions/answers so I can take a look and update the Comping Guide with the right info?

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure